Kujah

HSC
N/A
Re: how did you go?

Good test, a lot of focus on MAB. Happy overall :D

luucy

HSC

I had no idea what to write for the 8 marker on the blood transfusions......
couls it have been the seive plate and packing cell?

jozza80

Enthusiasm
HSC

luucy said:
I had no idea what to write for the 8 marker on the blood transfusions......
Me too..

What specifics were we supposed to talk about?

Roy9

HSC

my ass hurts from the raping it just undertook from that exam

danz90

HSC

To be completely honest, I reckon I absolutely smashed it. We did the multiple choice with my teacher after the exam, and I got 15/15 (acording to her answers). I felt really good about all short answers, a nice 8 marker we got this year - the information was basically there, it was all about making links to biological concepts etc.

The communication part was a little more tricky than expected. The questions aren't exactly how they've been in the past. The tympanic membrane 6-marker made you really think back to what the function of tympanic membrane is. I went on about testing for equal pressure on both sides, that the ossicles in middle ear are vibrated (using instruments bla bla), and testing for any moisture on the other side of the membrane when a liquid such as water is poured over the other end (to show its impermeable to liquid).

The 4-mark experiment on water.. i probably got 3 coz i forgot to include risk asessment (from what i remember). I used two agar plates, used two separate innoculating loops to grow any bacterial cultures on the medium. This would show how effective that new product was at disinfecting drinking water.

Band 6, here I come (hopefully lol)

luucy

HSC

jozza80 said:
Me too..

What specifics were we supposed to talk about?
no idea....i wrote a bit about immune respone and matching, and a bit about like developments and how scientist now extract certain parts out of blood and then the lines filled up and i decided to finish.

Daniel-08

HSC

the question about the typanic membrane was so weird, i had no idea

what did you guys write for the experiment to test whether the structure is a tympanic membrane?

HSC

could someone please scan the multiple choice questions so i can compare answers?

i knew i should have stayed to get the paper :rolleyes:

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC

no more bio :D

hated that 6 marker in communication

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC

danz90 said:
To be completely honest, I reckon I absolutely smashed it. We did the multiple choice with my teacher after the exam, and I got 15/15 (acording to her answers). I felt really good about all short answers, a nice 8 marker we got this year - the information was basically there, it was all about making links to biological concepts etc.

The communication part was a little more tricky than expected. The questions aren't exactly how they've been in the past. The tympanic membrane 6-marker made you really think back to what the function of tympanic membrane is. I went on about testing for equal pressure on both sides, that the ossicles in middle ear are vibrated (using instruments bla bla), and testing for any moisture on the other side of the membrane when a liquid such as water is poured over the other end (to show its impermeable to liquid).

The 4-mark experiment on water.. i probably got 3 coz i forgot to include risk asessment (from what i remember). I used two agar plates, used two separate innoculating loops to grow any bacterial cultures on the medium. This would show how effective that new product was at disinfecting drinking water.

Band 6, here I come (hopefully lol)
:uhoh: im extrememly worried, i for some reason rushed the MC and know of one i got wrong, possible 1 more, i liked the core, probably lost two marks, one for the water experiment as i forgot to put a control ie a agar plate with no water.
And i never get full marks for the 8 markers.

How much saftey would a good internal give me, ie if i didnt get a killer mark, im 2/180 in a decent school?

danz90

HSC

russianROULETTE said:
could someone please scan the multiple choice questions so i can compare answers?

i knew i should have stayed to get the paper :rolleyes:
i'll try and scan it now.

:)

dolbinau

HSC

For the 8 mark question I talked about our knowledge of the function of the blood (addreSsed the first part of the stimulus), our maintaining a balance knowledge for the second part, and our knowledge on the immune system for the last part. All determing how and why the blood bank system is used or whatever it was. The society impacts also worked well with the platelets and bacteria and the rest to have positive/negative. And I even got artificial blood in there too.

What was 6 and 8 of multiple choice? I did think I got 15 for it.

Cob-was-here

HSC

axlenatore said:
:uhoh: im extrememly worried, i for some reason rushed the MC How much saftey would a good internal give me, ie if i didnt get a killer mark, im 2/180 in a decent school?
.....FUCK!

Matt007123

HSC

dolbinau said:
For the 8 mark question I talked about our knowledge of the function of the blood (addreSsed the first part of the stimulus), our maintaining a balance knowledge for the second part, and our knowledge on the immune system for the last part. All determing how and why the blood bank system is used or whatever it was. The society impacts also worked well with the platelets and bacteria and the rest to have positive/negative. And I even got artificial blood in there too.

6 and 8 were C

Daline

HSC

multiple choice i think i went okey- considering everyone elses answers.
any one else do Genetics: the code broken? the question asking to draw method of recombinant DNA stumped me- i ended up drawing crossing over during meiosis- which im pretty sure is wrong

Last edited:

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC

dolbinau said:

6 and 8 were the discriminators in my opinion, they were the difference between the top and just high marks

gloworm14

HSC
N/A

i actually thought the number of lines they gave us werent enough... lol

i kind of went down to the bottom of the page on the blood donation one....

how many pages did u do for the 7 marker for communication? i did two but i think most it was bs lol

HSC

danz90 said:
i'll try and scan it now.

:)
thankyou so much :D that would be awesome. i can check my answers against everyone else woot

i actually thought the number of lines they gave us werent enough... lol

i kind of went down to the bottom of the page on the blood donation one....

how many pages did u do for the 7 marker for communication? i did two but i think most it was bs lol
same, went right down to the bottom lol. i did about 3-4 pages for the 7 marker, but my writing was massive. like twice as big as normal lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)