General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

PoisedTiger007

HSC
The kidney labelling question was weird because it talked about parts involved in removing WASTES, not filtering the blood or regulating body fluids.

rankinh

HSC
I can't be bothered searching through the previous pages, but MC Q14 - phenotypic changes over a number of generations - Convergent, divergent or punctuated equilibrium?
I said punctuated. It was either divergent or punctuated. Reasons i think it wasn't divergent because it was within a species, didn't form to separate "groups" of rabbits. Pretty much all of them had the ear characteristics so and it happend over one generation. So a ""sudden"" evolutionary change to the rabbit species. me thinks :)

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
i put punctuated equilibrium as about 10 gen had not change then it was prevalent within the species within 2 so stasis and sudden leap was there

lberg102

HSC
I thought it was pretty good overall. Really didnt like the kidney question though. 8 marker was pretty good although not sure if i answered it properly.. particularly for the genetics part (the environment part was fine).
Communications was good overall but did anyone else have issues with the action potential question.. coz it was 5 marks but only asked about threshold, so i basically talked about the why not all stimuli generated an action potential.. but then explained the whole process.. :s

sam5

HSC
so is question 1 really C is it? dammit. i hope ur wrong lol. I want A. Just like i want D for q 11.

Bdogz

HSC
N/A
What is one fermentation product made prior to 18th century?

2AM_rendezvous

HSC
i thought this exam was...okay..
pretty basic..was kinda waiting for the in depth stuff to come out cos i studied all the details and didn't brush up on the basic e.g. enantiostasis =="
mc was alright..wording was tricky and some answers were almost similar hah
totally blanked out in communication though :(

no more band six.. T_T

punnu

HSC
For the kidney question could u include the distal tubule and the collectind ducts as a region?

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
Did anyone else finish extremely early? At 11:30ish I was just finishing the Communication. I turned around and half the room had already left.

It was easy, but I didn't study for the easy stuff, I studied for the hard stuff. it was all health and blueprint- no maintaining a balance..

I really hope I pass. PLEASE!

HSC
I confused the medulla and cortex and put them the wrong way around I think,,, dunno if they will be mean and take a mark off,,, I hated the drawings, so much drawing and I felt like writing in big letters that I CAN'T FREAKEN DRAW, thats why I never took up art...
medulla... cortex... WTF, what question was this, i better not have missed a question

HSC
in the actual exam i drew a huge, complicated diagram of a nephron showing filtration, reabsorption and secretion. Before realizing all i had to draw was a kidney and i had a cross out my awesome diagram

lammylegs

HSC
Hey, the people that did communication, how do you think you went on that last massive mark question about technology and hearing devices?

sunsettah

HSC
I knew nothing about majority of the last like 4 questions in communication, honestly. i would get 1 mark out of the lot of them.

lammylegs

HSC
I actually thought it was a tricky exam.

Many multiple choice ones were really hard/ didn't make sense to me.
1. this one confused me so much, I ended up putting d. crap
2. b easy
3. b ..right?
4. a thought it was best
5. I thought none of these were right. guessed A pfft
6. put c right?
7. a right?
8. b right?
9. c right?
10. a right
11. this one also fizzed my brain. ended up putting d.
12. I ALMOST CRIED WHEN I READ THIS ONE. I knew it lowered the pH but didn't know if acid or alkali was low or high. what a waste. I picked c but it was wrong.
13. I thought this was a stupid question. i guessed b
14. b right?
15. this one was also very difficult/stupid. i guessed d.

That protozoan, fungi bacteria table I would have lost 3 marks since I knew none of them. I didn't think we had to memorise all of those.

My other problem was that I had no idea about that 'action potential' thing in communication. It wasn't in the textbook which i read like 5 times. wtf

I'm pretty crushed. Bio was the one I thought would be the easiest. I was aiming for band 6. pretty sure that's no longer possible :(

ahhhh, hey im with you, i thought i was rly prepared for bio, nopes, that action potential, wtf, it only had like 2 sentences about tht in the excel book, which is where i studied from most.

lammylegs

HSC
I knew nothing about majority of the last like 4 questions in communication, honestly. i would get 1 mark out of the lot of them.
ok im feeling slightly better,... our class didnt even finish the topic, we ran out of time so quickly.

.....How did other peoples classes go time-wise, did you get through all the topics in time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)