General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

johnsmith555

HSC
N/A
Re: Hsc 2009 bio exam

easy as test, the whole test was easy. btw both divergent evolution and punctuated equilibrium are correct, but punctuated equilibrium is more correct.

Norcinu

Charliezard
HSC

*shrug* Didn't seem hard at all, so I guess they'll be marking hard this year D: ffffff

Misz

HSC
if you wrote over the lines..
as in..
you had to get another booklet to finish your answer..
would they deduct marks? :S

truestar92

HSC

easy as test, the whole test was easy. btw both divergent evolution and punctuated equilibrium are correct, but punctuated equilibrium is more correct.
yayy put punctuated equilibrium ... it just seemed like the best answer

Bunzhou

HSC
Uhm.. unlikely. But the lines are an indication of how concise your answer should be...so going overboard is unnecessary but don't think you'll get deducted for it.

if you wrote over the lines..
as in..
you had to get another booklet to finish your answer..
would they deduct marks? :S

HSC
i didnt think it was a difficult test but since i suck at bio i probably did shit.

Twickel

HSC
Hey guys for the kidney diagram question, I drew the kidney, but stupid me labelled one part the nephron >_> but I got the other two right the medula and cortex.

Tehn underneath the diagram I talked about the process of reabsorption and filtration, what will I get out of 6?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Hey guys for the kidney diagram question, I drew the kidney, but stupid me labelled one part the nephron >_> but I got the other two right the medula and cortex.

Tehn underneath the diagram I talked about the process of reabsorption and filtration, what will I get out of 6?
LOLOL

I DID THAT TOO. not because i thought it was right. i just didn't know the other one.
I labeled the medulla wrong too though =( . gg

courtneyb

HSC
Pretty easy i thought, had plenty of time to do options, how'd everyone find MC these are my answers: A A B A C C A B C A D C B D D

I can see how people would consider it an easy exam, as the questions were quite general. However these type of questions i believe are the hardest, because it means they are looking for a specific answer.

My teacher is an incredibly pedantic marker who has marked science HSC exams many times, and she says all markers are like that, so I think even though I felt I went ok, my mark will be lower than I think it is, due to how precisely they mark.

Multiple choice was pretty good though, changed 2 at the last minute and so glad I did because I'm pretty sure I changed them to the right ones.

cata

HSC

The Biology exam was pretty funny since i totally skipped studying the part of the Kidneys and too bad for me there was a 6 mark question on it!!!!
During reading time i heard some of my friends moan and laugh to themselves when they got to the part of "draw the kidney.... & functions...etc..."
Besides that part yeah it was a good exam, i guess.

imalda

HSC

The Biology exam was pretty funny since i totally skipped studying the part of the Kidneys and too bad for me there was a 6 mark question on it!!!!
During reading time i heard some of my friends moan and laugh to themselves when they got to the part of "draw the kidney.... & functions...etc..."
Besides that part yeah it was a good exam, i guess.
LOL that was the question everyone was complaining about after we left the exam hall XDDDDD there was massive flipping of textbooks after

Dooga

HSC

Yeah omg! that kidney thing was so stupid.. I was like wtf... THREE LABELS?? We drew the kidney.. not the stupid nephron so it was hard to describe and i only managed to do 2 =[
it wasn't about the nephron it was about the kidney. There are three sections to the kidney - cortex, medula and the renal pelvis. Thats what they were looking for in that question and what occured in each of those sites.

sam5

HSC

it wasn't about the nephron it was about the kidney. There are three sections to the kidney - cortex, medula and the renal pelvis. Thats what they were looking for in that question and what occured in each of those sites.
what exactly does happen at those sites? (i hope im correct with what i wrote).

apple pancake

HSC
yeh, thats what i wrote about. Also talked about hydrangeas and siamese cats for the environmental factors

stormstealer27

Tashii the mentalrunaway
HSC
I hope I did alright :p

I kinda mucked up in the kidney section since i forgot to study for that ahaahXD woops XD

HSC

Wait .. WHAT?? You had to conclude what type of inheritance it is? omg I thought it just said construct a pedigree of the family???

How many marks is it?? :S
I think it was only 1 mark, and you probably answered it because I'm pretty sure it had lines to write the answer on - like the space for the pedigree, and then the explanation thing was a separate question beneath.

HSC

That was a stupid question and really broad in my opinion, but then I just assumed they were asking for something like Koch's postulates, so I did something along those lines...

This question was basically the exact dotpoint for the prac. I think it was research + becoming familiar with the plant diseases and their appearances, and then collecting plant leaves, etc to compare research info with actual specimens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)