General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: 2011 HSC Biology Paper

I think i did terribly. Well, i will just have to wait and see. Anyway, what did you say about those desert lizards?
The data did not include the ambient temperature or the actual 'internal' temp of the lizard so the conclusion is not justified. (something extra onto that, can't remember)

I also said 1 was a thermometer probe and the other was the data logger.

1981Grant

HSC
Guys if everyone thought that it was pretty much straight forward after the multiple choice, What did everyone say object Y was? I had been through the whole syllabus and I pretty much had everything covered yet I had no clue what this thing was meant to be, I assume X was a thermometer.

MitJab

Premium Member
HSC
wasnt chloroquine an antibiotic made for maleria?

Tasha270494

HSC
Guys if everyone thought that it was pretty much straight forward after the multiple choice, What did everyone say object Y was? I had been through the whole syllabus and I pretty much had everything covered yet I had no clue what this thing was meant to be, I assume X was a thermometer.
I thought X was a temperature probe and Y was a data logger - even though I've never seen both lol
total guess.

D4ni3l

HSC
Chromosomes: 40% DNA and 60% Protein...

Answers for multiple choice: (may discuss)
1 - B
2 - C
3 - B
4 - C (I got this wrong... but is the answer -.-)
5 - B
6 - D
7 - B
8 - D
9 - C
10 - D
11 - A (I got wrong.. but is the answer)
12 - B
13 - A
14 - B
15 - B
16 - A
17 - C
18 - A
19 - A
20 - A
Confirmed with some other students who are confident they got 19 or 20 for multiple choice.

My opinion, I walked out thinking the exam was a lot harder than previous years, but then again, Im not the smartest kid. Just hoping I get 92+ RAW mark.

Last edited:

natebrah1

HSC
That question came out of nowhere :S!

I had no idea so i wrote X = thermometer and Y = thermometer reader :/ haha but i asked around after and apparently it was X = probe Y = data logger

timting95

HSC
I'm pretty sure Object Y was a data logger but i wasn't sure if there was some scientific term for thermometer, i.e. some kind of thing that only measures core body temperature...because if it was just a thermometer wouldn't it be affected by the ambient temperature, hence the experimental design invalid?

jpnl

HSC
LOL at the clock. i put data converter - i also heard people put data logger and data reciever

ssylva

HSC
i know wth was that!? i put X as a body thermometer and Y as a processor? I dont even know...

Glorious

HSC
I thought it was okay - the reptile question I b/sed, other than that it was alright. Hoping for band 6. Anyone have an idea about the cut-off?

P.S: I think this year's one was easier than 2010's.

inoubliable

HSC
What was the answer to the increasing sized pathogens? That totally threw me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)