General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

zangy

HSC
N/A
D

Crossing over doesn't occur in asexual reproduction.

" antibiotics extended response? ibsed a " I think a lot of people did. They will regret putting that one in. IMHO it was such a broad question you could have talked about anything, I think that question will be subjectively marked like an english paper. I read the question like 5 times trying to determine the criteria for the full marks but I was stumped.
Damm i don't think i'm right but i talked about the muller experiment about mutations caused by x rays, koch's experiments, antibiotic resistance, specificity of the enzymes, I didnt get the thing about the difference of 2 thingos, forgot what they were called.

Dylanamali

HSC
Re: 2011 HSC Biology Paper

Yea same, I got C for Q4 too. But how come Q6 isn't B??? =/
disproval of spontaneous gen was Louis Pasteur
Burnet did stuff with the 3rd line of defence, e.g. discovered how the body distinguishes between its own tissues and foreign cells (antigens).

epicFAILx

HSC
Even though im not doing HSC for biology until next year. It seemed pretty hard with what..only 35 questions in the paper.

I think i am doing genetics for the option.. looks pretty hard :(

biglongy

HSC
So confused to the answer of the fossil record question :\. Im hoping it was a, which im pretty sure it was. If thats the case 18 or 19/20. Ill b happy with that aiming for 85+

joshduggan

HSC
N/A
haha yeah me too, but yes this one required some heavy thinking, that bloody interaction of B cells and T cells multiple choice i spent like 20 mins on!

nephh22

HSC
i also did human story, not many did by the sound of it. How did you find it? (if you did it) also answers for the viral infectious disease treated with vaccine???
i just wrote influenza :p it should be right thoughl.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
i had (D) for Q.6 also, and what was Q.1? I agree that it relied on skills rather than memory. Some questions i was unsure of what they were asking like the 7 marker on impact of society.
Implications*
They ask for implications on society all the time in biology, it shouldn't have been new to you.

haha yeah me too, but yes this one required some heavy thinking, that bloody interaction of B cells and T cells multiple choice i spent like 20 mins on!
Why?

2011_

HSC
I would still stick with C for Q20 as it the most unambigous option. I think you guys are reading too much into it. Option A is too open, the paucity of the fossil record leaves it open to intepretation, not explicity suggesting pertinence with the idea of punctuated equilibrium. Transitional forms suggest RAPID change, darwins theory of graduality suggests, slow, gradual change, where such transitonal fossils would not be in the record. This is because the change occurs so slowly (think the development of homosapiens).

So, C would be the BETTER answer, which is the exact principle on which the HSC multiple choice is based on.
I answered C so I hope that was it.

2011_

HSC
Re: 2011 HSC Biology Paper

disproval of spontaneous gen was Louis Pasteur
Burnet did stuff with the 3rd line of defence, e.g. discovered how the body distinguishes between its own tissues and foreign cells (antigens).
Precisely, 6 was clearly D.

snorelacks

HSC
I'll be lucky to get a 75/100 raw mark. Worse case scenario, probably a band 4.

bigbirdbanana

HSC
But there ARE transitional fossil forms that have been found apart from the usual archeopteryx and crossopterygian, we have the COMPLETE fossil record of the horse, including its transitional forms. This in itself supprts punctuated equilibrium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)