General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

HSC
Fkn loved the exam. Communications wasn't too difficult. Like some of you, found about 3 mc a little tricky but other than that was feeling good.

cartoonmaiz

HSC
N/A
Wow... everyone is getting different answers. I really just focused on evolution by mentioning that mutations cause variations.

HSC
What's the size of WBCs I could barely remember only knew Rbcs were 7-8 and WBCs I guessed 12

HKspec009

HSC
It wasn't hard at all..
Some bits took a while but overall easy than past HSC except MC

HKspec009

HSC
The companion cells are part of phloem cells and they have a cytoplasm. The reason i chose the cytoplasm one is because they need energy for active transport..

HKspec009

HSC
Pretty much, i knew it from water where there a re no regulation levels for protozoans cryptosporidium and giardia. I probs spelt em wrong but who cares. BIO IS DONE AND DUSTED :p

HKspec009

HSC
Epic moment when it asks how did you measure the reactivity of your enzyme: Use a ruler haha

Dedication_

HSC
Wow... everyone is getting different answers. I really just focused on evolution by mentioning that mutations cause variations.
I did the exact same man, and gave an example of trisonomy 21 (downs syndrome) as a bad mutation, and some other good example:S Hope you did well :)

ChongDaddy

HSC
I did that test like a boss!! I can't believe it was so straight forward I was expecting something along the lines of polypeptide synthesis, sutton and Boveri, an example of a transgenic species... but none!! just none I feel good :)

HSC
Looking back at the test, and after hearing everyone's answers, I feel really BAD... I've made so many mistakes, even silly ones :(
Need to do better in Chemistry if I want to get an ATAR of 95!! There goes my life...

dawooddaman

HSC
The best test ever but know everyone else put in the same greatness burst the bubble of Bio succuss =(

If any please has the exam can you please upload it PLEASE :D

Rory525

HSC
N/A
Can someone stop me from worrying? I used a lot of spare writing booklets because my writing is very large and I clearly filled out all the details on the spare question booklet but I'm not sure if I wrote *see spare writing booklet* under each question that I continued on the original exam paper. Will they still get marked? because I saw on the Board of Studies website that students must clearly indicate if they have used a spare writing booklet because the marker might not realise that you have written anything extra. Do they just mean on the very front of the spare writing booklet. Please tell me that's what they mean :/

Abanious

HSC
N/A
do u guys think the b5 and b6 cut off will be lower or higher this year

Coolwashy

HSC
Probably higher. It seemed to me that a lot of people found the 3 core sections fairly easy. Communications was easier compared to previous years as well, especially with the generic 8 marker.

but didnt anyone find the multiple choice to be pretty vague at times? made it really hard, got tricked a few times DAMN IT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)