General Thoughts: Chemistry (1 Viewer)

Tasha270494

HSC
Yeah.. I said that too - but what if it was a strong diprotic acid?
Would that still produce the same amount of energy release as a monoprotic acid - why?

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
iirf you had to link how the environmental impact then effected society, for example if you did Frasch process, So2 would form acid rain which would then damage buildings incurring financial loss, etc. I found it pretty good as well
Pretty much did the same only for frasch I did the creation of subsidence making land dangerous to use,
Did sodium hydroxide as well and again used the unusable land thing for the mercury cell leaving ground poisioning

b3kh1t

HSC
Lol it is because the acid and base are strong they will ionise completely and when the H+ and OH- form, heat will be released as the formation of bonds is always exothermic, and all neutralisation reactions involve these ions forming

elvishtears

HSC
I just rang the school up and the board of studies, I have to go to the school and work out an illness/misadventure form and hopefully my marks will be scaled according to my school marks, I have no idea how those two pages got stuck together.

CalumGemmell

HSC
Pretty sure I go about 85+ raw. Very straight forward test compared to previous years IMO, Chem of Art was a bit more complex however. Band 6 cut offs anyone?

b3kh1t

HSC
Lol I wrote to much for that 7 marker in industrial hahahahaha wrote 3 pages, my teacher was like what the hell but I really liked the paper :D

K

khorne

Lol I wrote to much for that 7 marker in industrial hahahahaha wrote 3 pages, my teacher was like what the hell but I really liked the paper :D
It was so easy. Industrial was too dumbed down this year. I don't care about environment enough hahahaha

HSC
Uni Grad
i wrote 2 pages for that 7 marker industrial chem one

-frasch process
-solvay process
-diaphragm process

1981Grant

HSC
I'd expected that it would be horribly difficult but when it was only hard I was happy.

Now I'm finished :)

lolcakes52

HSC
The -56kJ per mol thingo is based on the fact that for all neutralization reactions the net ionic equation is the same, if both the acid and based are strong. As for the exam in general, I thought it was a cake walk. The only really hard question was the one where you had to figure out the concentration of citric acid, not because it took a lot of knowledge but because it was complex. I got 0.1586 or something as the final answer and I am so sure its right. I can't remember learning why barium sulfate should go in soil when testing pH so i just bullshitted my way through.

b3kh1t

HSC
you have it correct b3kh1t

did anyone else fall in love with the oswald process(6marks), i went all ninja on that shit, drew up a table, got another booklet out, fuaaaaaarrrkkk baby, that was a Q!!!!! loved the very last Q of the extended response farking best haha

and what did ppl write as justification for arrhenius and his homeboyzz??
Couldn't be bothered getting another booklet, supervisors would have taken to long so I squashed it in at the bottom of the page lol

It was so easy. Industrial was too dumbed down this year. I don't care about environment enough hahahaha
agreed :D

i wrote 2 pages for that 7 marker industrial chem one

-frasch process
-solvay process
-diaphragm process
I thought it meant 3 processes as in the sulfuric acid production process, sodium hydroxide production process and sodium carbonate production process

K

kleenextissues1

shipwrecks-7marker
3 pages, actually went for 4 pages but did a little planing on one,
Solubility of O2
photic level
Titanic
SRB
SRB equations
Evaluation
Domination
QED
fuck, is it possible to get the seven marks only having used one page + a diagram

Nympha

HSC
I thought it was a pretty good exam - pretty straightforward.

The industrial chem about liquid X was weird, although I did write concentrated H2SO4 and said somrthing about it being a dehydrating agent. I really vaguely remember seeing crystals like that in a year 11 text book.. i think the colour change is from blue to light pink?

I made crap up about the heat neutralisation thing and also had no idea about why Barium Sulfate was added to the soil. Can anyone shed some light on this one?

gunat61

HSC
shittttttt ...... i did the frasch process, solvay process, mercury process, diaphragm process and membrane proces .... SHIT .............. wtf is my brain. will i get marked down?

lolcakes52

HSC
For the arrhenius definition of acids and base I put that it was simpler than the bronsted-lowry and that it was still adequate in the majority of cases.

b3kh1t

HSC
The -56kJ per mol thingo is based on the fact that for all neutralization reactions the net ionic equation is the same, if both the acid and based are strong. As for the exam in general, I thought it was a cake walk. The only really hard question was the one where you had to figure out the concentration of citric acid, not because it took a lot of knowledge but because it was complex. I got 0.1586 or something as the final answer and I am so sure its right. I can't remember learning why barium sulfate should go in soil when testing pH so i just bullshitted my way through.
Lol I got the concentration as something like that also 0.1.... and you need to put the barium ssulfate because it is a white substance and allows you to see the colour change in the indicator haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)