General Thoughts: Chemistry (1 Viewer)

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Overall, it was a paper of moderate difficulty - the content questions were easy but some of the calculations and inference questions were harder. I think I did well - not mindblowing well but still a b6 nonetheless hopefully
ok thats good, hopefully u can get 95/100 and drag the rest of us up had enough

all my exam marks will be lower than school i have this feeeling

ella-m

HSC
Re: Chem How HARD!!

it was okay i guess

BUT fuck liquid X.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
When did I say that I will get a state rank and when did I say that I am first in my school??

lol. Experiment CAN be a model can't it ??? ah fk it. I dc. I was gonna do this water equilibrium model but >.>.... Idk why I didn't do that FARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but wasn't it meant to be a simplified model of an equilibrium to explain the concept to someone?
not really an experiment, a person would have to understand the concept behind it to do the experiment and the calculations

aimeme

HSC
lol. Experiment CAN be a model can't it ???
No :S unfortunately my tutor and school teachers are HSC markers and they made it clear that an experiment and model are very very different. The second question asked you to assess the validity of the information you get from it which was basically the limitations of a model. What did you write for that if you did an actual experiement??

masteroblivi

HSC
That was absolute BS. I'm 100% sure I've never learnt that, nor could I link it to anything I have learnt in class.

I guessed that X was H2SO4 (My teacher told me it was conc. H2SO4), but apart from that I can kiss those two sweet marks good bye.
My teacher said it was water

2g1b

HSC
N/A
was like the easiest test except for like 3 questions

you use barium sulfate because when u add an indicator, the color of the soil will mask any changes in color from the indicator so it provides a white backgrounds to clearly observe these changes

b3kh1t

HSC

it was okay i guess

BUT fuck liquid X.
That's aiight and the copper sulfate decahydrate produces water so if you have liquid X as sulfuric acid then it will alter the equilibrium thus changing the colour

masteroblivi

HSC
Btw my teacher also said that there was a question forgot which one but it was a six mark question that wasnt in our sylabys, shes gonna conplain about it, Im so cut

chloe555

HSC
Btw my teacher also said that there was a question forgot which one but it was a six mark question that wasnt in our sylabys, shes gonna conplain about it, Im so cut
are you talking about the ostwald process? Cus that was pretty much just about equilibrium - which is in our syllabus

b3kh1t

HSC
Hahahahaha nah what would water do just standing there, not much unless it is heated and thus evaporates, so you can put it with con. sulfuric acid which will cause it to boil but sulfuric acid needs to be there and do you mean the one about Oswald or something

masteroblivi

HSC
are you talking about the ostwald process? Cus that was pretty much just about equilibrium - which is in our syllabus
Tbh i dunno exactly which one it was But My teacher who is a hsc test marker told us that it wasnt in the syllybus. In fact she was really angry over the fact.

b3kh1t

HSC
wasnt it pentahydrate!^^
same thing, it is just the number of water attached so they wouldn't take anything off and yeh it was penta sorry I was thinking of sodium carbonate

Reikira

HSC
Fkk i talked about
- Mercury Process
- Diaphragm Process
- Membrane Cell
and how the evolving of these process' reduces the enviornmental effects on society. Did i fk it up...

happyeddy

HSC

OK, everyone seems to be all pissed with the whole liquid X thing.

For anyone who did shipwrecks, we had a similar thing for the first question.
It was something along the lines of: What metal X could this anti-corrosion rod be?

Umm...having saw that question I was like wtf is with that random rod in the middle?
So just assuming it was indeed some 'random' thing and seeing as it said an 'anti-corrosion rod' I just wrote down stainless steel and how its composition/property is justified for the use.
One of my friends interpreted it this way too

Only to find out from my teacher and other guys that that 'random rod' was actually supposed to be a sacrificial anode (which it didn't mention anywhere on the question)

That being said, if the question was indeed obscure for everyone else, will BOS accept both interpretations of the Q?

What are your thoughts guys....
I mean it was a pretty good 3 marker

Last edited:

masteroblivi

HSC
Hahahahaha nah what would water do just standing there, not much unless it is heated and thus evaporates, so you can put it with con. sulfuric acid which will cause it to boil but sulfuric acid needs to be there and do you mean the one about Oswald or something
yaaa aha im preaty bad with chem for some reason it doesnt go in my head well hopefully i do well for physics.! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)