General Thoughts: English–literacy (1 Viewer)

Lina3

HSC
I think in the creative writing a majority of people wrote depressing scenarios
Yeh, it was the obvious choice. I wrote about a queen who was awaiting a death sentence and she was just reflecting on her life (it was set in the 1500's and a true story...well the emotions and that were made up so it would count as creative writing I think, I did historical settings for my short stories in exams before so... )

With the letter I began with the inspirational stuff and them moved on how his story shows contrast between troubled Vietnam and Australia, therefore inspiring a sense of national appreciation...idk I had to fill up room with SOMEthing

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
ummm I though Anh Do was a guy??
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA !

OMG, my story was like the writing of a ten year old, i swear i did better in year 7 NAPLAN, the heat got to me.

Also the whole "Visual Picturebook" Stimulus questions had trollfaces all over it.

"Geometric"
"Architectural"

wtf ?!

Laeth01

HSC
I panicked when i didn't understand the question..i really did and i thought i was going to run out of time so i moved on... then i finished the exam with like 45 minutes to spare -.-'

Lina3

HSC
Phew, thought I got the gender wrong for a moment...

jadenmaccas

HSC
It was an okay exam.
MC was pretty straightforward.
Letter was easy.
Creative Writing was my worst one because my story was more reminiscing instead of following a story -.-
My one was about a prisoner who lived in exile and he looks at his family's photographs and experiences a different range of sad emotions.
But I hate the fact that it was in first person :( not that I forgot or anything!

NoProblem13

HSC
Also, what did you guys write about that letter thingy to the principal about that character's hardships.

I wrote about how admirable it was about she dealt with her family problems the way she did, and how it is important to hear her in a school full of those values, and the rest was BS.
Wasn't Anh Do a man? lol

Last edited:

wildchild666

HSC
I think I did really well. Expecting 90+

The multiple choice section was straightforward, as others have stated, and I think I pretty much aced the creative writing. Wrote exactly the same thing I did as practice in English class. The letter was okay.

Lina3

HSC
Wasn't Anh Do a man? lol And did anyone notice that in the Anh Do story they made a mistake saying he got five thousand instead of five thousand dollars?
I don't recall the exact thing it said but I don't see how he got 'five thousand' is wrong...I mean the context it's in made it clear enough that they were talking about money...

jbell

HSC
Yeah it wasn't too bad.. thought the short answer plus a couple of MC's were a little challenging; easier than our trial though!

zombies

HSC
I don't recall the exact thing it said but I don't see how he got 'five thousand' is wrong...I mean the context it's in made it clear enough that it was money.
Yeah I didn't think it was wrong either.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Pretty easy. Multiple choice wasn't too bad. Wrote 4 pages for my creative so expecting to ace that.

queenbee13

HSC
N/A
The test was alright, and easier than i expected (especially the Trials >.<)

Just flipping out for Hisotry-Geo tomorrow....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)