General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

monsta4lyfe

HSC
Mod A: Beautiful, felt really well writing out my response

Mod B: ... ... time and place... .. ..resilience... .. .. ?? ?? ?? ??? WTFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!! I DIDNT UNDERSTAND AN F-ING WORD I WROTE! GAH!!!!!!

Mod C: Awesome! Disagreed the shit outa that statement

tscience

HSC
N/A
So for the Hamlet, how did everyone interpret the time and place component?

sugartits

HSC
I got buttraped by the BOS with a capital C Cactus.

Hamlet was the only one that seemed straight forward, but F/BR seriously fucked me up

happinessisbest

HSC
It was alright. I'm not a very fast writer, so I only managed to write 5 pages for Mod A and B , and 6 for Mod C. I don't understand how people are able to write 8 pages sometimes !?
Anyway, the Mod A question was alright but, the "passion" part of the question, for Gatsby and Barrett Browning confused me a little.
Mod B was quite a good question, although the "time and space" part stalled me initially.
I loved the Mod C question though - the representation and manipulation one - that was GREAT (I did Julius Caesar, so it worked perfectly).

Overall, I'm expecting maybe a 16/20 for Mod C, 14-15/20 for Mod B, and maybe 12/20 for Mod A (I really stuffed that one up).

leesh95

HSC
Is there anybody else who ran out of time??
I ran out of time for my Fr/Br essay "cries"

After the Hamlet question my teacher said it asked for exactly the things we discuss in class?? WTF when did we learn about time and place???? You spent half the lessons discussing Hamlets mother and his opedius comlex .... really annoyed.

hayleyemma96

HSC
Mod A - Frankenstein/Blade Runner
Threw me at first but linked to idea of how composers illustrate enduring values throughout time

Mod B - Speeches
Damn BOS making me study all speeches because of mandating. But question was pretty good. Talked about Pearson, Bandler and Sadat

Mod C - Caesar
Holy god that question was amazing! Talked about how composer's context influenced representation + related fit extremely well

Hayley :)

kewon

HSC
lol where does it say first person for mod a?

edit: nvm i see what people mean

tscience

HSC
N/A
Wow, I did Hamlet so differently :p Haha shows how you can interpret things in different ways. I went more with time and place within the actual play :)
Yeh I was confused when I saw the question, but ended up talking about time and place within the play :)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
GG Band 6

Mod A: 'In what ways is your appreciation of both texts enhanced by a comparative study of passion in Donne's poetry and W;t?'

Mod B: 'Explain how time and place are used in the prescribed speeches to shape the audience's understanding of how knowledge of the past sheds light on the present'

Mod C: 'All representations are acts of manipulation'

A was okay, talked about the passion of intellectualism that is shared as well as the passion required in redemption...

B was crap, I got lost, I don't think I even discuss time and place (although this may allude to context??). I discussed justice and responsibility.

C was pretty annoying as one of my themes was manipulation and thus I had to reword what 'manipulation' meant. As I did them ABC I essentially ran out of time and wrote one sentence for the conclusion.

I reckon I scored 16 for the first one, 13 for B and 14 for C. ahahaha.

gleeek

HSC
Is there anybody else who ran out of time??
I ran out of time for my Fr/Br essay "cries"

After the Hamlet question my teacher said it asked for exactly the things we discuss in class?? WTF when did we learn about time and place???? You spent half the lessons discussing Hamlets mother and his opedius comlex .... really annoyed.
Ahhhh I feel yah, I ran out of time for Module C- didn't finish my last paragraph nor did I get to do my conclusion

starshine02

HSC
The Hamlet question was pretty tricky for me because my prepared was on corruption but not much on time/place :(

Mod A and C were pretty decent questions though so that was a relief.

Need to bandaid my fingers now lol

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
I wholeheartedly thought that was what the question asked though lol
Haha, well sounds great to me :) I interpreted time and place more as divinity/fate, as well as Shakespeare constructing the play with specific time/place which influenced individual action etc (and thus corruption and revenge because of corruption etc) :)

knxd

HSC
gl to markers trying to read my mod c handwriting

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Ran out of time, took half a page for my final paragraph and wrote one sentence for my conclusion.

OH AND THEY DIDN'T SPECIFY FOR SPEECHES!!!!!!!!!

I wrote on Sadat and Pearson if anyone is interested

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
ObliviousNinja thinks that he got 19 for Mod A, 18 for Mod B and 19 for Mod C.

Waiting until he gets Band 5

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Haha, well sounds great to me :) I interpreted time and place more as divinity/fate, as well as Shakespeare constructing the play with specific time/place which influenced individual action etc (and thus corruption and revenge because of corruption etc) :)
I did both, just to be safe lol

I probably created a new font

leesh95

HSC
If you get a band 4 in English how much would you need to get in your other subjects to at least get a 90?
Does anyone know?

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
lol same here. left mod c until last because it was by far the easiest... awkward moment when they can't read a single sentence.. sigh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)