General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
Mod A - Donne/Wit. Threw me at the start. I just changed all my notes from "love" to "passion" and was essentially the same thing. Fairly decent, I argued that through a comp. study, you are able to understand the texts and understand the implications of context on content to a non-superficial level. Expecting maybe 16-17?

Mod B - In the Skin of a Lion. This threw me so much. My whole grade essentially looked up at the same time when checking if we had missed pages (as they ask at the beginning of the exam) and was a collective FML. That question I bullshitted seriously. Congrats to BOS for getting rid of prepared responses. I wrote predominantly about time, only alluded to place here and there. I spent 45ish on Mod C. I reckon maybe 15-16 if I'm lucky.

Mod C - The Justice Game. This is such a default question, flew through it. Wasn't my best, I really wanted 2 related texts because my prescribed knowledge wasn't the best. Oh well, I think I did decently focusing on purpose of the author inevitably causing manipulation. Perhaps 16-17.

Overall was fairly okay, but everyone in my exam centre did a serious FML at the Mod B question.

Hoping for 47/60, but doubt it.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Lol Finished everything with 10 minutes to spare.
Then I went to look back and couldn't read my handwriting...
I BS'd a lot to adapt Frankrunner & Conflicting P

Speeches, no specification! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!

tscience

HSC
N/A
After seeing the Hamlet question in the reading time.... I decided I'd do Bladerunner/Frankenstein first, followed by History and Memory and then I would try do Hamlet, overall I was quite happy and I made sure I only allowed 40 mins for each essay :D I was annoyed though that some of the quotes I remembered and themes I really wanted to talk about (for mod A and B) I couldn't cause they were unrelated to the question :(

monsta4lyfe

HSC
OH CRAP!!

I do Richard III and LFR for Mod A.

This is the question: In what ways is your appreciation of both texts enhanced by a comparative study of authority in King Richard III and Looking for Richard.

This is how I read the question: In what ways is your appreciation of both texts enhanced by a comparative study of King Richard III and Looking for Richard.

I completely missed where it said authority, but I think my pre-written fitted well anyway. How bad of a mistake is this?

tscience

HSC
N/A
Can anyone please tell me what the EXACT wording of module A for FR/BR question was?
" In what ways is your appreciation of both texts enhanced by a comparative study of ambition in Frankenstein and Blade Runner?

In your response, make detailed reference to your prescribed texts"

lolwot

HSC
OH CRAP!!

I do Richard III and LFR for Mod A.

This is the question: In what ways is your appreciation of both texts enhanced by a comparative study of authority in King Richard III and Looking for Richard.

This is how I read the question: In what ways is your appreciation of both texts enhanced by a comparative study of King Richard III and Looking for Richard.

I completely missed where it said authority, but I think my pre-written fitted well anyway. How bad of a mistake is this?
Yeah I almost misread it as well, pretty dodgy by BOS. Depends on what you talked about I guess

rednellav

HSC
Can anyone please tell me what the EXACT wording of module A for FR/BR question was?
In what ways is your appreciation of both texts enhanced by a comparative study of ambition in Frankenstein and Blade Runner?

In your response, make detailed reference to your prescribed texts.

The prescribed texts are:
- Mary Shelley, Frankenstein and
- Ridley Scott, Blade Runner (Director's cut) or (Final cut)

... accurate enough?

HSC
" In what ways is your appreciation of both texts enhanced by a comparative study of ambition in Frankenstein and Blade Runner?

In your response, make detailed reference to your prescribed texts"
Thank god! Even though it says "your appreciation", you can write in third person. It just means your appreciation referring to you as the whole audience. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed out a whole line that said "WRITE IN FIRST PERSON OR DIE."

Cheers :)

ncoul

HSC
For Hamlet? While the demands of the rubric concern what you have stated, the question asked for an exploration of how time and place shapes corruption within the play, not how it directly makes the text transcend time.
+1; that misinterpretation will kill you kids

monsta4lyfe

HSC
Yeah I almost misread it as well, pretty dodgy by BOS. Depends on what you talked about I guess
Oh thank fucking god!! I remembered my two main points (connections) were about Richard's power and ambition and also his human frailty and evilness.

Massive relief there...

mathsiam

HSC
- Mod a (frankenstein/br) was a pretty broad question, overall i think it was a reasonable section despite me not using first person......
- Mod b (speeches) lol i think the "time and space" idea fitted well with speeches not so much for other texts e.g. hamlet
- Mod c (Julius Caesar) was a pretty good question but didn't get to elaborate as much as I spent too much time on speeches

Overall the paper wasn't as bad as i had anticipated especially since they didn't specify speeches :party:

chookyla

HSC
I'm getting that feeling as though my class was the only one in the state to do Citizen Kane for Module B and Letters to Alice/Pride and Prejudice for Module A......

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Mod A - Donne/Wit. Threw me at the start. I just changed all my notes from "love" to "passion" and was essentially the same thing. Fairly decent, I argued that through a comp. study, you are able to understand the texts and understand the implications of context on content to a non-superficial level. Expecting maybe 16-17?
Passion doesn't necessarily have to mean love. Passion for knowledge, the passion (emotion) in redemption....

Candidate

HSC
I did both, just to be safe lol

I probably created a new font

Hahaha My hand got really fatigued and I had to rewrite every second word ): I better not get a lazy marker.

Am i the only one who hates the glossy HSC booklets? They make my pen go spastic.

viviup

HSC
I hated the speeches questions - what the hell do time and place have anything to do with the speeches? How did everyone else do it?
Mod C for Julius Caesar was alright... i did that first but then i went over time for like 10 minutes, so i really freaked out.
Mod A kinda freaked me out - only ambition? Do i only write one paragraph? I'm still not sure... can anyone please tell me how they structured their mod a?

RayRay

HSC
Hey kents, im back in the house

I'm 1/5 of my way to my allrounders.

yours truly

Last edited:

pHyRe

HSC
If you get a band 4 in English how much would you need to get in your other subjects to at least get a 90?
Does anyone know?
chuck it in an atar calculator, varies by course.

for my courses, putting 79 (band 4) for english and then 90 for every other subject gives at atar of 95+ so it's definitely possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)