General Thoughts: English Paper 1 2006 (1 Viewer)

Lauren_Melrose

~Lauren~
HSC
Overall, quite happy. I thoght the imag journey question was resonable, the creative respose was fantastic if you had prepared for it but complete rubbish if you had a differnet perspective and the short answers were OK. I thought the photographs were lame and different leave much room for interpretation but on the whole I'm happy. =)

Not looking forward to modules though!

shushko69

HSC
THAT WAS THE HARDEST ENGLISH EXAM I HAVE EVER DONE! :bomb:
Seriously section 1 was ok..But section 2...omg completely changed my story it turned out being about a father telling his child about the time he met his mother lol and how he hated her then ended up marying her lol.

Section 3:eek: ..physical journeys: interpretations of the new !!!!!!!!! OMG WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? lol i BS'd about the new being challenges and emotional transformation and interpretations being the choices and outlooks.

I think i got like 60%..thnk god its all gona be over...

cenicole

HSC
oh man. suck-a-rama. imaginative journeys SUCKED HARDCORE fraking speculation..didn't have any idea what the hell that man.

my story was impossible to adapt to that quote...prob did what the rest of the state did and pretended character was reading book.

section 1. crap. no techniques asked at all WHAT THE FRAK!

at least i can forget everything i ever learnt about coleridge!

ane_st

HSC
biggie walls said:
I thought the paper sucked especially the creative writing and the question for imaginative journeys
I agree, i was pretty annoyed with the IJ question... I didnt get it, but i just wrote what i knew and threw in 'speculation' as obviously it had to link with the imaginative journey... They should have at least told us what speculation meant if they wanted us to write a whole fucknig essay on it...

Creative writing was extremely specific, they should have used like 3 quotes or something.. But i used my story anyway, just obviously change it a bit...

First section was when i began to panic, i was seriously full panicking and i think that if i did that last it would've been more worthwhile..

But hey, we still got paper2 and im better at my modules anyway...

Last edited:

butch_dodd

HSC
NO TIME!!OMG!!! li have adverage handwritting and managed to write 2 and half booklets for imaginative essay and another 2 4 story!!....poor old section 1 was neglected in a bad way only complected to question c!!so whoops theres a good 9 marks gooooonskies!!..o well more of a reason to ace the modules!..and my missadventure form should maybe help a little!!

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
Comprehension: Pretty good even though I wasn't expecting such a lame prose...
Creative Writing: Absolutely perfect.
Essay: Decent (spent to much time on my creative writing)

Pages wrote: 7, filled the entire booklet (10 pages?), 7 and a half

Jason1357

HSC
I thought it was good.

Essay was the best, nice and easy question for physical journeys and i thought Section 1 was alright as well.

Section 2 though i found crap.

passion89

HSC
sideshowtim said:
I seemed to be the only person in my school who argued against the Imaginative journeys question...
I argued against it, too. I think it would have been a little superficial to argue for that question but I guess the best way to go is say yes speculation is good sometimes and other times it ain't.

league_girl

HSC
the question for imaginative journeys and inner journeys was so much easier than physical journey: interpretations of the new???
since when were we doing change? i though it was journeys?

i think they should have left the reflection of self one for all of the journeys.

the stimulas material was pretty pathetic too.

my story fitted in well but i do think the opening line focused on a physcial journey rather than anything else, which sucked.

league_girl

HSC
the question for imaginative journeys and inner journeys was so much easier than physical journey: interpretations of the new???
since when were we doing change? i though it was journeys?

i think they should have left the reflection of self one for all of the journeys.

the stimulas material was pretty pathetic too.

my story fitted in well but i do think the opening line focused on a physcial journey rather than anything else, which sucked.

gracerawl88

HSC
Did anyone else do a feature article in the creative writing segment?
overall i thuoght it was pretty good, spesh the inner journey question, pretty self explanetory so that was good.

we had a pep talk at our teachers place last night, and they came n saw us b4 we went in for the exam, morale support helped i think!!

bridie88

HSC
wow! glad thats over! wasnt really wat i expected , especially with the creative writing but the worst bit was the stupid construction work going on outside :( oh well, im glad its over! hope everyone else went ok and goodluck for the rest of the exams xo

cenicole

HSC
stress less heaps of people in my class argued against speculation. half way through mine i wished i had argued against it but oh well. now on the learn about King Lear...in otherwords contemplate suicide (not really)because it sucks so hardcore. death to coleridge

insanerp

HSC
generally ok
i think i definately improved my creative piece at first i freaked when i saw they quote but i ended up being able to work it in pretty nicely so i think my marks will be ok for that

section 1 was a bit harder than i expected i couldn't find enough techniques to support my arguments but i wrote more than i usually do for those type of questions and i kept referring back to the question so maybe ok

essay i did first and was a bit stumped at first but i wrote a lot, more than usual i did a whole booklet with my tiny writing that's a lot. i was generally able to answer in terms of the question but my conclusion sucked so i don't think my marks will be that incredible overall

i am just relieved it's over!

GaganDeep

fffff
HSC
fck itright in the ear, wtf was the qoute for the story, complete fcked me, the comprehension wtf, wrote 4 pages of absolute bullfck,
fck it right up the ear

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
gracerawl88 said:
Did anyone else do a feature article in the creative writing segment?
frankyd said:
I chose to write a feature article, blending in the extract about the old man with my perspective on a journey of discovery through literature (allowing the man to unlock his past, discover future etc etc)... so I'm hoping for A range there.
Completely filled the booklet! I made it a feature article, used the quotation as a paradigm, and made up a random title on the spot. Kinda different from my prepared story but I felt okay with it. My story was on obesity, NEETs and single parasites. I hope no one used that as their social implication...
I seriously need to cane my modules.

EraserDust

HSC
Overall good but not overly good exam.

The stimulus texts were decent. The section 2 question was annoying, my response was far too cliché. And the inner journey question for Section 3 was fairly straight forward. Thats it in a nutshell.

j_a_m_e_s

Big Member
HSC
I pissed on that exam from a great height. The stimulus fitted, section 1 was straight forward, and I argued speculation under the table. If I'd had 10 more minutes I would be looking at 43+ as is I'm thinking 40+.

HSC
shushko69 said:
Section 3:eek: ..physical journeys: interpretations of the new !!!!!!!!! OMG WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? lol i BS'd about the new being challenges and emotional transformation and interpretations being the choices and outlooks.
i absolutely agree. i mean interpretations of the new WHAT? what did that have to do with physical journeys?! i had a peek at imaginative and inner joureys and i could see that their questions made sense. oh well there goes my crappy intro and conclusion...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)