General Thoughts: English Paper 1 2006 (1 Viewer)

geegables

HSC
Re: area of study

The creative writing and essay were SO easy, but Section I was just unbelivably odd... :rolleyes:

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
bridie88 said:
stupid construction work
poor thing, your not alone, we had about a thousand trucks roar in the front of our school and i think someone in our exam room had the flu or something..they would not sneezing and coughing.
overall not too bad an exam, i di the creative last and only left about half an hour but still filled a booklet
on the all pretty happy

Life Starts Now

stressful?...NEVER!
HSC
Generally the exam was alright...

The questions in section one was like huh?... and I was surprised that there were only 3 texts.. but the last question was pretty easily answered.

Section 2.. OMG.. it was like so specific.. I don't think they have ever made the question or 'stimulus' that specific to lead you to talk about an old man?..lol.. or something like that..lol

I do imaginative journeys.. but I looked at the physical journeys question and I'm like OMG.. It was much harder that the imaginative or inner journey question.. which is sorta a bad advantage for the others.. but I guess thats life..

Hope everyones other exams go well!!!

Marquis

HSC

That exam was unbelievably BORING.

**lana**

HSC
i defo did not have enough time for that exam, so writing is non-readable and end of essay and creative writing are a bit flimsy, just glad that one is over....
H8 modules tho, way to much stuff to study, Peter Skrzynecki is going in the bin tonite....

frankyd

starlight woo!
HSC
gracerawl88 said:
Did anyone else do a feature article in the creative writing segment?
Yeeeap I did a feature article... as my prepared Story, Interview, Journal/Diary Editorial and Letter scenarios ALL didn't fit the question about freaking old people!!!

what did you do yours on?

What I did was that I had the quote as a reflection upon the writer's grandfather's last words to him before he died... and developed on the quote to suggest he used literature as a means to unlock his past and speculate upon his future.. (also escape from the confines of his age in the nursing home and thihs sort of jazz)

Then I went on to incorporate my prepared feature article that discussed the value of ltierature in relation to the Vatican's latest attempt to exorcise the Harry Potter series. So the journey of discovery was about the figurative "magic" that you discover by exploring a novel etc and using Harry Potter books and stories as anecdotes and examples of how this all happens.

Like.. i'm shitty because my responses were all good for the creative, and my article was the best one so at least that got to come into it somehow but then, i had to continually reference this freaking old geezer and his fucking attitudes and quotes about the past and this bullshit.. lol which took my awesome response down a notch because it has all these superficial links

gracerawl88 said:
we had a pep talk at our teachers place last night, and they came n saw us b4 we went in for the exam, morale support helped i think!!
Lol that's some supportive teachers.. pep talk at their house :eek:

gemrism

HSC

Section 1 was horrible.
creative writing and the essay could ahve been worse!

shushko69

HSC
mzdirector said:
I do imaginative journeys.. but I looked at the physical journeys question and I'm like OMG.. It was much harder that the imaginative or inner journey question.. which is sorta a bad advantage for the others.. but I guess thats life..
dear god is there anyway what we can complain to the HSC????? anyway at all omg.

How can u have 3 different types of testing..when ur comparing all to eachother. If everyone in the physical journeys section 3 does bad on average..they dont compare it relative to the other focuses do they? This is soo unfair...there has to be a way to complain or talk to someone about it. HSC is soo badly designed..everyone should be given a similar question or a similar focus...nways im going to blow my brains out :bomb: lol

Is this a final mark?

SS06

HSC
N/A
I thought he exam was hard!! Do u guys know how many pages there are in one booklet. I used up all three booklets. Whats that equivalent to?

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
wow that was confusing;
SECTION I - i think i did really well, at least 13/15 and wrote 8 pages

SECTION II - thought i did really well, until i got out and someone told me there was another sentence saying it had to be about a discoverY? i swear it didnt say that cuz i didnt see it :( wrote 8 pages and estimated about 12/13 out of 15

SECTION II - i thought i did really well until i realised when i got home that i used a quote from lime-tree bower and said it was from 'frost at midnight'. can anyone tell me how much i would be penalised for that? cuz until then i thought it was a brilliant essay. i estimate that, if it hadnt been for the quote i woulda got about 13 or 14.

HSC
I thought this paper was excellent.
Compared to other years it was far easier, and I didn't think section 3 was too bad, because it was fairly easy to adapt the question to.
Section II was good but I don't get why everyone is saying they wrote about old people...all it said was that the voice was like an old man's hands...which I didn't take to mean that the story had to be about old people...I really liked it, this is the only AoS paper I've ever done where I had time to do everything and check back over section 1 at the end. I even finished the creative writing task which I almost never do because I do it last. I was quite proud of my section II...

sideshowtim

HSC
omigodwhenover said:
wow that was confusing;
SECTION I - i think i did really well, at least 13/15 and wrote 8 pages
8 pages on section one wow..I didn't know people could write that much. There are a couple of questions there that you can get full marks for with a few solid sentences.

rahrah

¬_¬
HSC
Section I: Hard. Bloody hell. Stupid photo.
Section II: Good.
Section III: Funny question. (I do imaginative). The question was something like "More than anything else, the imaginative journey is a process of speculation." Well duh. Speculation = imagination. So I guess the question was all right.

yssy

HSC
Pretty Good.
I was expecting harder.

Section 1: was alright, i always seem to go pretty average in it.
Section 2: it was not hard at all to adapt that sentance into my creative story, i was very happy.
Section 3: Woo! My essay was really good, and i was able to never stop writing and remembered my one almost word for word!

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
The creative writing was hard. At least I used the quote. I shouldve spent more time on section 3.

rahrah

¬_¬
HSC
The photo was hard because it showed absolutely bloody nothing about journeys. Like, how exactly do the photos relate to "an idea expressed in the quotation"? Stupid piece of crap.

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
far out Section 1 was bs hard
section 2 was just awkward...
section 3 was just wtf does speculation mean?

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
I thought it was pretty easy! :)

They weren't evil in any of the questions.. that creative could seriously fit anything! yay! Heck, my creative was in second person, and the quote given was in third person and was still able to fit it in perfectly :)

insanerp

HSC
what the hell is wrong with you people who write 6 pages for section 1!!!???

you either have massive writing or you are just absolutely crapping on about nothing! all you have to do is answer the question and at the most even doing them all very well should only require like 3 pages!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)