General Thoughts - English Paper 1 2007 (1 Viewer)

joshwilliams88

HSC
The exam wasnt as hard as i thought it would be. Section 1 i had a few problems with. 2 was quite good but i wasn't sure if they were asking us to write a narrative or a more formal type of response. I went with the narrative and my story went very well with the first quote. Section 3 was also alot better than I feared and I think I will have done fairly well in it.

happi guy

HSC
text three was frikin impossible - made shit up = 7 pages
section two was alright = 15 pages
section three pretti easy = 18 pages

overall quite tricky especially section ONE

wikdecision

HSC
yeh stop whinging good work it wasnt even bad...yeh section one was about as good as lepracy but the other sections wernt that bad.move on.yeh get off here and go hit the books good work.
i wrote 10 pages in section 3....the examiner took atleast a minute to get me a new booklet.

Last edited:

codyjh

HSC
ashleypage said:
Did most people just chuck the quote in in their creative writing, as opposed to making it the "central theme" of their story? That's what I did, and everyone else I spoke to after the exam.
yep sure did haha

was an alright test. the first section was hard. specially test 2. text 3 and 1 were ok.

essay question fitted in to my essay kinda ok. feel sorry for PS people though lol

spangacrab

HSC
Fuck you miss.
Section 3 was death on a stick, my conclusion was fucking shit, 2 sentences, and my last text evaluation was shocker. Arggghhh.

Customer service for life....... :(

Raikiri

HSC
Section I: Good, until Text 3. Pure. Evil.

Section II: Ran out of time after 2 pages, like I usually do.

Section III: Unexpected Destinations = annoying but not as bad as it could have been.

No more fucking Journeys. Hell yeah!

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
happi guy said:
text three was frikin impossible - made shit up = 7 pages
section two was alright = 15 pages
section three pretti easy = 18 pages

overall quite tricky especially section ONE
Holy shit..18 pages for section 3?? thats how much i wrote for my whole exam.

Hmm section 1 was imo the hardest, some of the poems made no sense whatsoever
(5 pages)

section 2 was ok, my prepared story fitted well (6 pages)

section 3 was "unexpected"..took me 10 minutes of planning to finally write a 7 pager

Lai

c a r p e . d i e m
HSC
Section One: I found it quite easy, probably turned the texts inside out with my interpretations but its English! Hoping for at least a 10/15

Section Two: I expect nothing higher than a 2/15 because I started that 10min before it was over >_> And what I did write down was rubbish

Section Three: Fingers crossed for at least a 13/15 I was so caught up with answering the question I just kept going!!

Hoping to do better in Paper 2 otherwise I'm screwed

pinkcandy

HSC
Section 1- was crap... the texts were really weird.

Section 2- was awesome. one of the statements fit in perfectly with my story... got 9.5 pages for that

Section 3- i loved the question. i thought it was really fair. i got 16 pages for that. (i do imaginative journeys)

InSaNe066

HSC
kim miles said:
if u did the tempest..the whole deal wit the "unexpected destination" was that we as a responder expected Prospero to seek revenge on his brother, but in the end he realised that whole "rarer action is in virtue than in vengeance" n didnt seek revenge on him...n that was the unexpected bit lol..yeh..

everythin was pretty straight forward..easier than the trials ill give em that much lol..:bomb: :wave:
unexpected detours... was the physical journey question... not wateva ur tlkin about

starrysky

HSC
Section I: Eh. I liked the first text best, it was my kind of text. The third text was mediocre, it shitted me, verily it did. But I got through it without too many hassles ...

Section II: I don't think I'll go very well with this; I'm banking on my facility with language and the interpretation of the marker ... I got five pages in, but it was fairly sparse, and my quote didn't end up being a particularly central idea. Meh.

Section III: I was probably most happy with this, even though I started out thinking that creative would be my strongest point. I got in everything I wanted to say; I planned my thesis and the essay structure in my head during reading time. Whee. But I don't think I substantiated my ideas enough. Heh.

It was an alright paper. It's lured me into a false sense of security, though - next paper will be fucking torture. Damn modules. *shanks them* :mad1:

N

noir.

I'll be stoked to even get 30/45... All that study i did felt like a waste, really. Section 1 was awful... Not sure if i actually used one of the quotes as a central idea in my story... And the phys. journey question was disgusting...

Wrote:

Section 1 - 5 pages [unfinished]
Section II - 13 pages
Section III - 13 pages

jenaispink22

HSC
i liked the exam.
i had a pre-prepared essay and creative which fitted in well so i guess that helped!
i hated the questions, but everyone is saying that so maybe the markers will be a bit lenient?

omg, for pretty much the whole exam we had some drongo playing music sooo loudly in the street and we couldnt concentrate. the supervisors didnt really do anything either. so annoying!
good luck everyone for monday.. yuk

sting24

2 Radical For U
HSC
Section 2.... wtf
BOS got so lazy that they simply take quotes from section 1 for section 2
And what the hell was section 3 about, i mean it was just stupid. Its pretty obvious that journeys have obstacles, but thats all they wanted us too talked about???

English = Bullsh#&!ing subject

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
samuel slack said:
Finished with about 5 minutes to go. Really, really happy with it. Nice exam, last question wasn't what I was expecting, but I handled it and wrote 10 pages, so I'm pretty stoked with that one.
Ditto. I really liked the paper! Finished everything - unlike my trial paper so all is well. Now to crush paper 2. :D

I liked all the texts in section 1 - extremely happy that we didnt get a poem. :)

1 down 4 to go!

allyse053

HSC
I thought it was ok. wrote a 9 page essay and wrote 20 pages all up. for the "unexpected destinations" i wrote that the destination wasnt always physical. it could be a state of mind. that made it easier.

HSC
I did Inner Journeys! The question was totally arse fucked for it as well. BOS can nibble on my ballsack.

Section II was pretty generic, great for a pre-prepared response! Scooore. Lucky it was though, i would have walked out if they asked for a speech or something.

Even though III was homo, i put in 55 minutes of hard yards and hopefully came up with the goods. Unfortunately, that left me with only 25 minutes to do section I (Why the fuck i did it last i'll never know). You know how it is, traditionally Section I is a piece of piss. Lol i didn't even bother reading the 3rd stimulus.

Also, im pretty certain the chick from stimulus two was off her face. She probably had the plague or some shit.

But yeah, seeing as i totally skipped the 3 mark question and did the 5'er in like, 5 minutes i think the most i could pull for it would be 8.

Predicted results:

I - 8
II - 15 (My story was the shit)
II - 13

Muchi

HSC
Hey guys, just wondering how many pages in one BOS writing booklet?

SECTION 1 (7-8 pgs): Not terrible but could have been more coherent or organised better, especially last 'compare' question. I didn't see what was so terrible about Text 3, it did have a lot of description and techniques so you could have related to this to a journey concept, like 'the physical journey allows for a spiritual transformation'

SECTION 2 (6-7 pgs): Not to bad, agree that BOS bastards got lazy

SECTION 3 (9-10 pgs): Once again wasn't too bad but "unexpected destinations" was quite annoying.

nickluvschool

HSC
sting24 said:
Section 2.... wtf
BOS got so lazy that they simply take quotes from section 1 for section 2
And what the hell was section 3 about, i mean it was just stupid. Its pretty obvious that journeys have obstacles, but thats all they wanted us too talked about???

English = Bullsh#&!ing subject
Who are you mate? don't talk shit about BOS.. the exam was just an unexpected detour that we all had to encounter.. so just calm down dude.. god will still love u no matter mark u recieve

and from what i see ur not the brightest child either "Wanted us too talked about"... clearly it is evident this guy is a retard

HSC
OMG... Section 1, TEXT 3= DEATH
But other than that I think I went okay
But the questions for text 3... I was like wtf????
That Nicholas Rothwell should learn how to write so that if it is out into a HSC english paper we can actually read it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)