General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

shakky

HSC
I got rapppppppppped by question 1. the other 2 were fine.

What order did everyone do theirs in? I did 3 -> 2 -> 1
I found question 1 difficult, question 2 really matched my prepared story, question 3 was pleasant. I did mine in order 1-2-3.

jamesfirst

HSC
I think alot of people did not read the question for creative because it specifically said "remembered place" which is alot more specific than people make it out to be....
Mine's kinda got to do with the place but the stimulus also had "people" so I think it's alright if you link it with relationships

themanman

HSC
N/A
Mine's kinda got to do with the place but the stimulus also had "people" so I think it's alright if you link it with relationships
i dont remember it saying "people"

I thought it was just place

Im probs wrong

SayWut

HSC
S1: I reckon I did alright up to the 5 marker, where I only went on to give 4 TQE's (technique, quote, explanation) followed by a BS conclusion, expecting 11-13.

S2: This section was alright. I was able to basically regurgitate my prepared response and add some "reflection" here and there regarding "remembering significant experiences", hopefully 12+

S3: I hope you guys remembered to talk about the INFLUENCES that impact on an individuals ability to form connections to place. Personally I identified that "social values and attitudes play a pivotal role in determining whether one is able to attain a sense of place in society" (something along the lines of that) and went on the discuss the specifics so hopefully I get 13+ in that

Side-note: FUCK YEA FOR AT LEAST 1 RELATED TEXT

Overall: I wasn't able to finish the test comfortably, as I cut out two sentences of my essay, bsed a conclusion in SA's and was writing until they announced pens down. Hopefully I can still get 36+

EDIT1: I did Dickinson as my core text

Last edited:

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
The question was to compose a creative piece that captures the significance of remembered places to the experience of belonging.

You were not required to use the stimulus. If your creative wasn't focused on remembered places, you haven't answered the question which would result in a significant deduction of marks.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
The question was to compose a creative piece that captures the significance of remembered places to the experience of belonging.

You were not required to use the stimulus. If your creative wasn't focused on remembered places, you haven't answered the question which would result in a significant deduction of marks.
This. Harsh but true.

themanman

HSC
N/A

good job.

u didnt have to tell him so heartlessly

jellybeans4me

HSC
I did an internal dance when I saw it was belonging to place in the exam. I really hope I get somewhere in the 30's, however my essay wasn't too fantastic.
Stupid Romulus, My Father.
I really liked the creative writing question as it just about suited my letter almost perfectly. I was a girl writing back to her friend about her new life in the city and about how much she missed her friends and where they lived.

HSC
Uni Grad
no i did crucible as well there was stuff in there

you could do metaphorical place, or you could do literally; isolated location of Salem + woods, location of Proctor's house on the outskirts = deliberate choice not to belong, location of Putnam's in the meeting-house in the heart of the town = desperation to belong

also i reckon they'd go easy on crucible since they know ppl would screw it
My other related text was Catcher in the Rye, all the paragraphs I prepared on it were more about interaction so I started talking apt metaphysical belonging for that. Romulus was my prescribed and I got a 6 page essay done so it's all good!

Question 1 I did about 3 and a half pages on it and for my creative I got a booklet done.
I did it 3-1-2, 45m-40m-35m.

Last edited:

herbs1

HSC
S1: I reckon I did alright up to the 5 marker, where I only went on to give 4 TQE's (technique, quote, explanation) followed by a BS conclusion, expecting 11-13.

S2: This section was alright. I was able to basically regurgitate my prepared response and add some "reflection" here and there regarding "remembering significant experiences", hopefully 12+

S3: I hope you guys remembered to talk about the INFLUENCES that impact on an individuals ability to form connections to place. Personally I identified that "social values and attitudes play a pivotal role in determining whether one is able to attain a sense of place in society" (something along the lines of that) and went on the discuss the specifics so hopefully I get 13+ in that

Side-note: FUCK YEA FOR AT LEAST 1 RELATED TEXT

Overall: I wasn't able to finish the test comfortably, as I cut out two sentences of my essay, bsed a conclusion in SA's and was writing until they announced pens down. Hopefully I can still get 36+
A sense of place and belonging to a place are different things lol.

jamesfirst

HSC

meh. Mine is about place tho. But it's also about relationships.

It's about a guy who gets fired from his company and goes home and finds sense of belonging, through his family... technically a place

salih08

HSC
Re: How Great Was That?

the theme was pretty annoying...i had to use my backup skrzynecki poem and backup related text...but overall it was alright :)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
meh. Mine is about place tho. But it's also about relationships.

It's about a guy who gets fired from his company and goes home and finds sense of belonging, through his family... technically a place
Is it a "remembered place"?

brettymaccc

HSC
Re: How Great Was That?

Learnt Feliks Skrzynecki, Migrant Hostel and St. Patrick's College and almost cried with joy when I realised the question was on place.

I tried to manipulate my creative for place, added a bigger focus to places but I don't think I did it well enough, probs max 12/15 for that.

Overall, hopefully 13+ for the essay, 11-12/15 for creative and 13+ in comprehension, so high 30's/low 40's would be smashing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)