General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Found this year's paper pretty easy. I believe that this year's paper was a good paper. :)

Section 1: The texts were great, had lots of interesting themes in them. However, it took so long to do the short answer, took 50 minutes to do (I had a toilet break in between) and I did this one last
Section 2: I found the creative a joke, I knew it was going to be like a joke when yesterday the BOS was like "an adaptation of a studied text". My creative fit right in and I didn't need to adapt except I put the picture of the flowers in just so I make sure I refer to the stimulus fully.
Section 3: For Skrzynecki, piss easy. At least one related was great this year.

I'm expecting around 12 for short answer, at least 12 for creative and at least 12 for belonging... HOPEFULLY..

HSC
The question to me seemed naturally biased to Peter Skrzynecki's poetry. Pretty much all his poems have an underlying theme which connects place to belonging... My overall thesis was something along the lines of "Belonging to a place may quash the inherent human need to attain acceptance, however it subjugates an individuals exposure to the community resulting in a routine based upon cultural hegemony"

I just wish I had 5 minutes to edit my essay :s I'm hoping for 13-14 for s1, 10-12 (at best) for s2 and 12-14 for s3 (hopefully)

herbs1

HSC
Re: How Great Was That?

I referenced 'Lake Gobi' instead of 'Gobi Desert' and said the lady wants to visit Lake Gobi because she feels that she is at home at Lake Gobi =(
i hope you get an ultra-feminist female marker who sees this as male dominanted sexualisation of society and gives you 0

TorMental

HSC

^ whuttt is this unseen text? Also, I fken forgot to write a title for my creative writing =\ NOO.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Riproot, you were the one who thought it'd on place as well didn't you? WtF how'd you screw it?
My mind likes to fuck with me a lot. :/
I seriously fucked up.
I'll be lucky to be in the middle of the standard pack for that paper.

But then again i'd b happy with 33/45 Riproot :L
Yeah, but I usually do better so it's disappointing. I bombed out in trials and I got 35/45. So I was hoping to get higher, but I bombed this more. :cry:

fuk ill be happy with 33/45. my creative was only 1 booklet lol and my essay 1 booklet and a page of another.
I did:
S1 - 5 pages
S2 - plan, then either 3 and a bit or 4 and a bit pages
S3 - page plan, then 5.75 pages.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

Text Three - Nonfiction extract

It mentions Gobi Desert

herbs1

HSC

What a dumb cunt:
You people are retarded. Why would the essay question be on place? Most prescribed texts don't deal with it in enough detail anyway. I think it will be on barriers and choices

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Seems like everyone did something that was suited to place and didn't do Dickinson/Crucible ;o I am still in rage mode right now because of the bias of the question towards some texts and the impossibility of it towards others :S I did Crucible btw so ye stuffed >> Didn't prepare anything for place so completely screwed x.x The other sections were okay though ;o
my marks are prolly something like:
12/13 for short answer 13/14 for creative 9/10 for essay (if I'm lucky x.x)
CRUCIBLE SHOULD GET ALIGNED UP BECAUSE IT HAS SHIT ALL TO DO WITH PLACE!!! IT HAS BARELY ANYTHING TO DO WITH FUCKING BELONGING AT ALL!!!!
My thesis was "connections with places for the bonds and barriers between individuals" etc. so I related it back to relationships. :/

jamesfirst

HSC
this paper was the shizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

prepared ftw

michaeljennings

HSC

i hope you get an ultra-feminist female marker who sees this as male dominanted sexualisation of society and gives you 0
hahahahah I didnt even write about it, if i had I would have known it was Desert and not Lake..

themanman

HSC
N/A

Short Answers:
Text 1 - spoke about the tiled format and how each box represents a distinct element of belonging to place that, when looked at holistically, demonstrates something or other about unity of place, people identity acceptance all that shit
Text 2 - His unwavering personal perspective that place shapes our identity through the high modality of "insert quote here" and the self-reflective tone of the speakers personal pronouns. And then another quote and some tech and exp
Text 3 - Something about how new landscapes can confuse ones sense of identity (or sum shait)
Text 4 - Cant remember :S Somthing about memory, from memory :p GOOO HISTORY AND MEMORY YEEEEE

Creative Writing:
About a guy reflecting on a photo of Hiroshima and how it reminded him of the relationship formed with his wife. They are interconnected with the landscape in that, its bombing, also marked the end of their relationship. (quick sum up, lol not that there was much more than that - only 3 pages. whats the max u think im capped at? )

Essay:
Something about how place encompasses greater meaning than an intimacy with tangible landscapes. Then something about how communal values can be associated to place or some shit fuck shit fuck

Weasel406

HSC
Uni Grad
CRUCIBLE SHOULD GET ALIGNED UP BECAUSE IT HAS SHIT ALL TO DO WITH PLACE!!! IT HAS BARELY ANYTHING TO DO WITH FUCKING BELONGING AT ALL!!!!
My thesis was "connections with places for the bonds and barriers between individuals" etc. so I related it back to relationships. :/
Word to this. Did not prepare for place at all with the Crucible. I ended up going on about how Proctor has committed adultery and therefore doesn't belong to Salem as it is a puritan society bla bla... I just tried my best to mould it to what I wanted.

jimmy93

HSC

I thought it was okay :)

Section 1 I filled about 2 booklets, Section 2 filled 3 booklets and Section 3 filled 3 booklets. Not sure how I went though, I was happy with the paper but yeah :)
I'm happy with high 30's :)

NubMuncher

HSC
I think alot of people did not read the question for creative because it specifically said "remembered place" which is alot more specific than people make it out to be....

themanman

HSC
N/A
I think alot of people did not read the question for creative because it specifically said "remembered place" which is alot more specific than people make it out to be....
Agreed

So they had to have 'reflected' on it

Some people wrote about currently experiencing it for the first time

lawls to them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)