General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

Memi

HSC
N/A
My creative suited the question. It was based on a man's flashback x)

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: How Great Was That?

Sounds about right, but remember Paper 1 gets scaled down to out of 40, the big ones tomorrow!

yours

HSC

just ask for extra booklets before the exam starts

SnowTau

HSC
Paper 1 was alright... I'm thinking Paper 2 is going to be much harder so not looking forward to that :|

chubzy

HSC
overall pretty satisfied, so glad i looked over the exam predictions on this site or i wouldn't have considered the possibility of PLACE for the creative, so major thanks to those who guessed right :)

ayli fit in very well haha

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad

When the question for section II said: You may use the stimulus, did anyone else look a bit like this

Essay question was really really abstract for Emily Dickinson DDDDD: I feel if l went through the more unpopular poems that would of synced better but oh well.

KateSinead

HSC
That was f'ed. -.-
Studied heaps of different aspects of belonging, so i had studied belonging through places, but not enough to write a while entire essay on -.- was way too specific. Had 2 quotes to use basically. Spent so long trying to rack my brain for things to write, i only had 20 minutes to smash out a creative story. Worse English exam of my life

forthehsc

HSC
overall pretty satisfied, so glad i looked over the exam predictions on this site or i wouldn't have considered the possibility of PLACE for the creative, so major thanks to those who guessed right :)

ayli fit in very well haha
where were the exam predictions, i couldnt find them..

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad

When the question for section II said: You may use the stimulus, did anyone else look a bit like this

+1

But I thought it'd be better if I integrated the stimulus throughout the story. But I was lucky because my story was about a 'remembered place'! I guess you can't get penalised though, if you do not integrate the stimulus, provided you answer the question.

niicolemegan

HSC
i just fucking SUCKED at the creative writing.... i had a prepared one and i couldnt even use it because of the 'place' theme!!!! hopefully did good in one and three though! :D

K

kindersurprise

The essay question was extremely difficult for students who did The Crucible. Arguments to the contrary assume that we should thoroughly analyse trivialities within the text. I essentially argued that belonging to place resulted in a superficial sense of belonging that compromised individual identity and therefore mitigated self belonging, whereas not belonging to place facilitated a sense of identity and self-belonging. Obviously that is excessively contrived but I really don't think I could have argued anything else. I am very doubtful that they will align our marks, but it is certainly inequitable for those of us who had to do The Crucible or Dickinson's poetry.

I also thought there may be a move toward making the creative section less predictable in order to dissuade students from preparing responses, however clearly the BoS doesn't care all too much about it. Everybody who had their tutor prepare a story for them will be pleased. A lot of people have been speculating that Paper 2 will contain a feature article or other alternative text type, but from what I saw in the test today, I doubt they will. At least ONE related material was another example of how they are making sure they cater for everyone's prepared responses.

Section I is section I.

matthewhearne

HSC
Section 1 was ok but could have gone better. Creative writing seemed good at the time but i dont think i answered the question properly and the essay was heaps good :)

sarah-j-

HSC
N/A
best paper ever.

3 full booklets essay, 2 and a bit for creative, 2 for short answer.

fucking best exam I could have asked for.

asroma15

HSC
N/A
if the creative was about a remembered place would my creative be ok?

i used a vignette style (asterix's in between writing) to distinguish 2 points in time. he was in hospital dying picked up an old picture frame with the picture and he flash backed to the remembered place which was his home overseas (italy), he keeps on having flashbacks about it and then realises he was in hospital, then passes away

HSC
I wrote 2/3/4 booklets each. Essay was good. Comprehension was comprehension and bullshittable as always. Creative ffuuu you let me down.

Last edited:

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC

in the short answers, the 19y.o prick should just grow a pair and move on in life.

He is probably the sole reason i fucked up that 3 marks. Cnut.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)