General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
Everyone keeps saying that, and I really do hope 90+, haha! What's your aim? :)

Also, I'm hoping for modules to hit 17/20 - A, 18/20 - B and 17/20 - C. Would be a good mark to hit 85+/105.
I assure you, you'll most definitely hit 85+. My aim? Well, anything over 90 would be brilliant and I don't think it'll be all too difficult at this point in time, anyhow. (Did that sound conceited? Yeah, it probably did.)

Keelan134

HSC
Guys, I found the comprehension questions were too complex for the amount of time needed for them. I was really happy with my essay as I prepared an essay for THAT question and my creative fitted perfectly.

I missed out on the 5 marker in comprehension.. Someone console me hahaha
I fazed exactly the same as you mate :) everyone's saying it took them a while so you'll be right, especially when all the people on this are smart

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
OMG! I hated comprehension, but I was expecting the theme of time/attitudes to belonging change over time. Hated how the creative was images though :/

Integrity_x

HSC
How was the creative piece? :O
Was there a specific idea you had to write about for belonging?

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
Yeee, its was the most easiest paper that i have ever done

YES, I WAS JUST FUCKING KIDDING, its was fucking hard and really stupid as a whole.... The unseen text was fucking stupid and its was far more ghey than ponies fucking each other.... the creative was also fucking stupid, yes.... why the fuck make a story on a kid on a swing.... all 5 were really fucking ghey, far more ghey than unseen text and ponies fucking each other, and i didn't even follow any of them, so i created some random story how the 5 stimulus is really ghey and ponies..... Then came part 3, which is was less that impressive, but eh... at least its not ghey....

Overall, that exam was suck and die followed up with too much gheyness in it....... hope paper 2 hasn't have too much gheyness in it......

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
OMG! I hated comprehension, but I was expecting the theme of time/attitudes to belonging change over time. Hated how the creative was images though :/
Same. Quotes are so much easier, but I guess there's more room for interpretation with images :\ That being said, none of the images particularly worked for my story.

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
It was overall a decent paper.

I did creative first, used the grandpa and grandson fishing stimulus-35 mins
Shorts answers I spent too long on-Almost 50 mins
Which means I had to rush my essay unfortunately, but I still wrote two full booklets.

OVERALL: I think I did better in trials, just happy it's over. It was fine.
HAHAHAHAHAHA. I think it was just me, Alkanes. General consensus says it was the kid's grandfather.

shannan94

HSC
That was more difficult than I expected... well played board of studies, well played

On a lighter note, I did crack up over the 'Mandingo' and 'Papa'

habitres

HSC
section 1 hopefully the best as I spent way too long on it ~50 minutes farrkk. Creative was eh, but at least it used the stimulus as a complete central theme and the essay well, i have no idea. Once sentence conclusion ftw.

funstudy

HSC
Section 1 was so hard!! What...
Section 2 and Section 3 were fine though, happy with that.
But since I was expecting to whiz through Section 1, that did come as a surprise- anyone understand what Text 4 was on about?

jackko

HSC
Did anyone else really stuggle to figure out what the third text in the Reading Task meant? I read that and was like wtf? I could not understand the last bit at all!
ahah yeah same fml, regret doing section 1 last, puts some much more pressure to bs and write something.

kieranp1994

HSC
My creative writing I prepared was about an old guy and his son at the pier. So it was pretty easy cause i wrote my story word for word

eat_well

HSC
I thought it was quite a difficult paper. I didn't even realise the theme was time during the comprehension so I didn't relate my analysis of the poem to that theme. I spent too long on the essay and neither of my related texts fit very well. As for creative, don't even mention it. I managed my 'time' poorly and had an extremely sudden ending. I'm scared I won't even get half for it :(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)