General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

stillthinkin

HSC
I predicted the essay question to the tee, it was the exact one that I did a week before my exam, the image fit perfectly into my creative and the comprehension was okay.

Overall pretty happy with how I went.

15 pages for essay
9 pages for creative
6 pages for comprehension

habitres

HSC
How much does your story have to be based around the picture for it to qualify as "central idea"?
Litrerally every second sentence has to metion the picture in great detail.

Oh god, imagine that.
Depends on how hard the head marker wants the markers to crack down on prepared responses, If you only include it at the beginning and end it may not end well, but if it can be picked up and is like "right ok its this" then it should be ok.

W

Williano08

I predicted the essay question to the tee, it was the exact one that I did a week before my exam, the image fit perfectly into my creative and the comprehension was okay.

Overall pretty happy with how I went.

15 pages for essay
9 pages for creative
6 pages for comprehension
i'm seriously hoping you have huge handwriting! i'm ranked one at my school but i did 9 for the analytical :/

stillthinkin

HSC
Yeah my writing was pretty big but I can also write 1500k, I page every five minutes give or take

stillthinkin

HSC
I'm just laughing because everyone said that it was going to be 2 related texts and one feature article lol

CJBest

HSC
i'm seriously hoping you have huge handwriting! i'm ranked one at my school but i did 9 for the analytical :/
That was a pretty easy exam really...

Wrote 5 pages for the comprehension
12 for the creative
26 for the essay

Still had 5 mins at the end...just hope they don't loose my booklets!!

Roy216

HSC
That was more difficult than I expected... well played board of studies, well played

On a lighter note, I did crack up over the 'Mandingo' and 'Papa'
Best thing I've seen in an exam since Papa in 2010

Keelan134

HSC
If I wrote image 3 on my creative writing but there was a better image to relate it to, is that a big deal?

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
That was a pretty easy exam really...

Wrote 5 pages for the comprehension
12 for the creative
26 for the essay

Still had 5 mins at the end...just hope they don't loose my booklets!!

words*

Roy216

HSC
My English Coordinator said that you didn't have to explicitly make the characters of the creative a grandfather and son, you COUDL'VE, but it wasn't the most important factor. She said you needed to show the relationship of people overtime, obviously reflected through the past time of fishing so don't fret if your characters weren't a grandfather and son, but you had to incorporate that at least somewhere in the poem to enhance your story in relation to the stimulus
THANK GOD, i thought it was a grandpa and daughter.... exams distort my eye sight

Artemkin

HSC
Is anyone else feeling really tired or is it just me. I could just shut down, if I didn't have to study for languages tomorrow

Rohanco

HSC
I hate the creative stimulus, their always so lame and cheesy. Why did those picture look like they'd been taken out of a health insurance brochure.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
How much does your story have to be based around the picture for it to qualify as "central idea"?
Your story needs to be based totally on the image. If it hasn't got a large portion of it based on the image, you will lost ~4 marks.

Zeroes

HSC
On the whole I thought it was good - only because I could work my creative to fit with the stimulus and my essay was easily moulded to the question. I just wish I hadn't spent so long on section one. :(
I thought 5 pictures for the creative was pretty generous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)