General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
Hey guys, I'm planning on writing an e-mail or letter to the Board of Studies to ask them to reconsider the 2 hours for English. It's just too short. I barely managed to finish and so did many in my grade and from reading this thread I can see others agree. Where should a send the e-mail or letter to? I can't find an e-mail. :(
I finished with 30 minutes to spare......

RishBonjour

HSC
Good to see that the paper was fairly straightforward and contained no major curveballs. Now that the first exam is done, the jitters settle and you start getting into more of a "relaxed" rhythm.
possibly in paper 2?
LOL if feature article for frankenstein/BR.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I assure you, you'll most definitely hit 85+. My aim? Well, anything over 90 would be brilliant and I don't think it'll be all too difficult at this point in time, anyhow. (Did that sound conceited? Yeah, it probably did.)
I'm sorry but unless you go to a top 10 school you are likely underestimating the marking standards of the hsc considerably.

Actually, i take that back if you meant hsc marks. The post you quoted was talking about raw marks.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Good to see that the paper was fairly straightforward and contained no major curveballs. Now that the first exam is done, the jitters settle and you start getting into more of a "relaxed" rhythm.
I'm hoping that Paper 2 has some really difficult questions to compensate.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Paper One was quite great, I did exactly 3 pages for each section (my handwriting is pretty small). But out of curiosity if someone hasn't done the paper can they still do it? Since I'm just going to post the questions asked here if someone needs to ask something based on it for any clarification.

ahdil33

HSC
Hey guys, I'm planning on writing an e-mail or letter to the Board of Studies to ask them to reconsider the 2 hours for English. It's just too short. I barely managed to finish and so did many in my grade and from reading this thread I can see others agree. Where should a send the e-mail or letter to? I can't find an e-mail. :(
Nothing will come of it most likely.

Most people in my school were fine. I finished with about 10 minutes to spare :x

arimerialc

HSC
How much will I be penalised by if my essay mainly addressed the passage of time and didn't explicitly mention 'interactions with the world'? I'm an idiot and somehow forgot to mention the latter...

declanbehan

HSC
Did anyone keep their reading paper?

And apparently the tractor killed them? Victim of mass trolling or?

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
I think the test was fairly simple but the problem with me was the issue of time management.
In the creative writing, I think I nailed it as my pre-prepared creative was about a boy and his grandparents who lived near a lake... I was very happy with this section!! :D should get 12+/15 as the whole idea revolved around the grandpa and the boy.. also fishing near a lake.
The comprehension was alright, but I think it was far too long for 40 mins. it took me about 50 mins and I still couldn't discuss about the second text in the 5 marker, but managed to discuss one only in great detail (hopefully I get 3/5 here). The rest of the questions were fair and I ended up writing about half a page for each... Hoping for 12 or 13/15
Essay was what I stuffed up and I had to make up random shit to answer the question... the issue here was time and I only had about 25 mins to do this section... fml. Hoping for around 10 or 9 for this section.

Overall the test was fair, but expected a bit too much from the students in a short time period... I think I would get in the range of 35-38/45. I could've done a lot better, but I guess everyone could've given if they had more time!

EvansOne

HSC
N/A
I found section 1 to be by far the hardest unseen texts I've seen in all of the past papers & trials. Also section 2 creative question was stupid....corniest images to choose from. Heck, I hardly used an image at all. Section 3 was actually okay...I think.

jeffwu95

Dumbass
HSC
i did section 1: 55 minutes
section 2 :20 minutes
section 3: 45 minutes

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
What do you think a band 6 cut off for paper 1 would be? So what mark should we be aiming for out of 45 in order to be in a position for band 6.

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Re: AOS Paper

Time? My related text was Doctor Who. I actually started laughing when I saw what the theme of the paper was.
Ahh Doctor Who is perfect for this!

Anywho, Section One was so boring lol, but it wasn't too bad I guess. I didn't like that poem, to me it was written badly. =/

Section Two I was scared when I first saw it because the whole concept of time got me a bit worried, but then I adapted my creative to it...

Section 3 I was lucky I had 45 minutes for that, so I really needed that, but the whole world thing I didn't really like for Crucible. But then again, I manipulated the question a bit and also added relationships etc.... so hope that is okay...

I am hoping to really improve on my creative!!

Also, I was sooo glad we didn't get a feature article or speech ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)