General Thoughts - General Mathematics (1 Viewer)

flabbergasted

HSC
ellen180069 said:
who cares how many friggen lightglobes are used every five hours every night jeez
lol i agree. It took me forever to do that question and the part where it said to if you agree or not i just wrote :
YES.
and thats all i worte...

SeHxoxo

HSC
pks365 said:
Oh yes. That was so fuckin easy. Aiming for 98 - 100 (at least 95). For sure. But well general is gay as its scaled down alot cus we are all dum fuckin maths students. Overall im glad probability was in. I finished the exam an hour earlier and spent the 60 mins checking thru the whole paper. I wonder which fuckwit would get lower than 90 for that paper lolz. Dun wurry guyz. Im sure u guyz ou there will fuck up but remember thats why we have tafes - just 4 you guyz.

Aim UAI: 95+ I'm sure at least 95 UAI........:) Cya later guyz...... :) :rofl:

you have to be the most pathetic human alive,
judging by your spelling, your obviously going to fail english.
hope u fail, loser

kiwi

HSC
Skimo6 said:
it was quite a hard exam because of the time stress factor
half an hour to do 3 questions :(
aww

i surely hope im not alone
Definently not alone... Time restraints are FUBAR.

Lai

c a r p e . d i e m
HSC
pks365 said:
im sorry to the other guyz who may hav f@#ked up that paper but hope u guyz do betta in the other exams.....
I hope you rot in a dark hole.

Anyways, NO MORE MATHS!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!

anarekrap

HSC
I found it pretty fucking hard..

i go to a school that comes within the top 20 each year.. and the girl who topped general maths and got 98 in the trial came out crying..

i personally think it was absolute bs

anarekrap

HSC
P.S. THAT PKS KID ... you obviously don't receive enough support or encouragement from your family/friends, (if you have any.) The reason I know this is that you are trying to assert your 'intelligence' over the majority of people who found this exam quite hard, and in some weird way attain some from of gratification and/or congratulations.
How dare you say that people who do general maths are stupid? some of the smartest people i know in my grade, (i.e my school captain, at my school that consistently comes in the top twenty,) are often better at humanities based subjects that subjects like science and maths. Maybe you should try to be less critical of others, and if you think you have done well... then kudos to you... i would congratulate you if you were modest and said that you found it an alright exam.....but being a sore "winner" is often worse than being a sore loser.....

brighteyes

HSC
to pks365, get your head out of your ass. that exam was twice as hard as the 2006 paper. the people who found it difficult have every right to. i came first in my maths class and never got anything below an A and i still found that hard! I hope you fail too!

joshwilliams88

HSC
thanks for who told me about the rank. i really hope it does save me. btw that guy is a real tosser, i can't believe people like that. the hsc is stressful enough as it is without people like that coming and telling us how shit we are. but yeah i pretty much agree with everything thats been said. the whole exam was just bullshit and although i still think i have done ok, i came out a lot less confident than i did going in.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
If this pks365 guy is pissing you all off this much - put him on your ignore list. :)

Magicana

HSC
anarekrap said:
I found it pretty fucking hard..

i go to a school that comes within the top 20 each year.. and the girl who topped general maths and got 98 in the trial came out crying..

i personally think it was absolute bs
Ouch. It wasn't easy, but I didn't think it was that hard :S.

Hadouken

HSC
what tha heck with tha light bulb question?

didnt get how to do tha equation?

answers guys? thanks.

nics22

HSC
The exam was pretty gnarly ... people underestimate general maths... i managed to get through it though, hopefully get >75. The friggen crocodile capture crap just made me think of dez kaye in little britain with his crocodile hand puppet. Lol and that one where you had to describe an event that would produce a probability of 3/4 I said picking a jack of hearts from four jacks and then i realised that didnt make sense so i said 'NOT picking a jack of hearts from four jacks'... yeah thats not as funny as it seemed in the test.

ashleypage

HSC
Hadouken said:
what tha heck with tha light bulb question?

didnt get how to do tha equation?

answers guys? thanks.
Can't remember the exact numbers buttt here goes

Cost of bulbs = 6x4 (cost by number of bulbs)

Running the bulbs = d x hours run

(i) is then c = 24 + d(5x4x365) (hours run x number of bulbs x 365)

(ii) 250 = 24 + d(7300)

226 = d(7300)

226/7300 = d

d = 0.031 (approx)

(iii) c = 24 + dh

c = 24 + 0.031(4x10x365)

c = 476.60

Therefore no, the cost doesn't exactly double, as 250x2 is 500 and the total cost for 10 hours comes to 476.60

(iv) This one has kind of gotten me confused. When I did it I read it as 99.7% I think and just calculated three standard deviations below 5000, but I think that's wrong, anyone else?

Sorry if those answers are wrong by the way lol

original123

*Original Convention*
HSC
It was one ugly paper. Like ugly. With a capital U. Not enough time and q 25a was a total moron.
However generally I can't complain anymore. This thread is hilarious -- you guys are so funny with your swearing at psk stuck up dude.

lilymad

HSC
i thought some bits were really hard like the light bulb question and i think it might have been the playground area one or something. I ran out of time, i got to the end but didn't have time to go back and do some of the hard ones i'd skipped...all in all, not a very good exam.

natalie333

HSC
ashleypage said:
Can't remember the exact numbers buttt here goes

Cost of bulbs = 6x4 (cost by number of bulbs)

Running the bulbs = d x hours run

(i) is then c = 24 + d(5x4x365) (hours run x number of bulbs x 365)

(ii) 250 = 24 + d(7300)

226 = d(7300)

226/7300 = d

d = 0.031 (approx)

(iii) c = 24 + dh

c = 24 + 0.031(4x10x365)

c = 476.60

Therefore no, the cost doesn't exactly double, as 250x2 is 500 and the total cost for 10 hours comes to 476.60

(iv) This one has kind of gotten me confused. When I did it I read it as 99.7% I think and just calculated three standard deviations below 5000, but I think that's wrong, anyone else?

Sorry if those answers are wrong by the way lol
no thats right i'm pretty sure i got those answers too. And yeah for (iv) it was 99.7%.. well as far as i remember anyway lol!

Razor

HSC
Yeah, exam was slightly easier than what i thought. I stuffed a few questions, and am still hoping for at least 90, hopefully 95. Its annoying in one sence, in that even though im ranked first i will only inherit my mark, since the rest of my cass didnt go that well. But oh well. Good Luck Everyone, And Cant Wait To Party When Its All Over

PC

HSC
N/A
I thought it was actually better than last year's paper. But only marginally.

Question 28 was great. The questions were succinct and to the point. You had to know what to do to get the marks.

That lightbulb question was stupid. They could have asked the same question and focussed on just one lightbulb instead of four, and assessed who knew the work that way. The last two parts would have stayed the same. There's no need to trick people.

The annuity question was just plain nasty.

Over the last few years there's been a trend to "scaffold" questions, i.e. to put in steps to lead you through the question. But on this paper there were quite a few questions with no parts at all, like the annuity question and the hexagon question at the end.

Still. It's done now.

Focus on your coming exams and don't spend all your time on the computer reading this stupid thread!

Beege

HSC
Does anyone know what 72% raw would align to usually in general maths?

williams180

HSC
easiest maths test in hsc history. Shouldnt have wasted whole yr learning bout course when BOS produces such rubbish of an exam. 90% plus with minimal effort. Anyone who thought that was hard is.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)