General Thoughts: Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
What did you guys write for peace rights, and the 7 marker was that for the contemporay issue
promotion v enforcement m8

I did child soldiers so idk what contemporary isssue

talked about domestic ratification of the s.59 of defence act or whatever it was to alter 268.68 and 268.88 (yes I actually wrote that) of the act to criminalise conscription, enlistment of children under the age of 18 in national or armed conflict, whether directly or indirectly

talked about how It's only a limited recognition of child soldiers, and referenced the 2002 ombudsman report which stated that increasing the minimum age for voluntary recruitment over 18 would 'severely restrict the quality and quantity of recruits'

used many other legal responses

and promotion, media red hand day every year on the 12th of feb, and the blood diamond video to raise awareness

talked a bit about state sovereignty

etc

Candidate

HSC
Peace rights I wrote about the right to be free from conflict and war, and for security.

The 7 marker wasn't about contemporary issues, but I wrote about the rights of LGBTIQ individuals, which I think was fine...it was how "human rights have been recognised over time due to changing values"

Can anyone confirm if we could write about this issue (LGBTIQ) or other contemporary?
Umm, I don't think you were supposed to write about that, but I'm not too sure.

Free_Man

HSC
Pretty solid test, easy in fact, MC= simple, short answer= A gift, Crime question ,while a little annoying still no to bad, Family Law Questions=Early birthday presnt and screw world order the questions were annoying, but still did alright in it. Overall fantastic.

el heno

HSC
Too easy... Multis were ridiculous, only hard part was peace rights...

JFX

HSC
Peace rights I wrote about the right to be free from conflict and war, and for security.

The 7 marker wasn't about contemporary issues, but I wrote about the rights of LGBTIQ individuals, which I think was fine...it was how "human rights have been recognised over time due to changing values"

Can anyone confirm if we could write about this issue (LGBTIQ) or other contemporary?
Human rights issue means you can use your contemporary issue.

SuperMike96

HSC
I found the paper much easier than expected. I was just unprepared for legal in general. The short answer wasn't a challenge, the mc were easy aside from 2-3 that threw me, family was my best essay section. I think I did averagely in crime/Workplace. Although I feel I didn't answer the Workplace question (I did A) exactly, although I did make many references to the question.

scenario

HSC
Crime question was bad for me. Everything else was good. Consumer and Family Questions were great.

I talked about human trafficking and slavery for the 7 marker, but i don't think it has to be a contemporary issue.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Wait...does anyone have the actual question for that 7 marker?
I think I screwed that bit up by reading incorrectly :S

el heno

HSC
If I talked about slavery, how much legislation would I need?

lolwot

HSC
how many marks would a 3/4 finished 6 page essay lose :( world order :(

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
how many marks would a 3/4 finished 6 page essay lose :( world order :(
I was on my conclusion on 10th page but the essay was pretty bad, totally made up on the spot andbullshitted through the nature of world order. Hoping for 20...

marshmallow23

HSC
N/A
IDK. Hopefully not a lot. I did the same too. I only got a little over 3 pages for world order ... sigh.

Candidate

HSC
For non-legal mechanisms in world order I discussed Negotiation, compliance, cooperation (as facilitated through sovereignty), jus cogens, R2P and I talked about Amnesty International getting the Arms Trade Treaty adopted by the GA. For legal i mentioned the Australian external affairs power, ICJ rulings, Treaties and the UNSC.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
For non-legal mechanisms in world order I discussed Negotiation, compliance, cooperation (as facilitated through sovereignty), jus cogens, R2P and I talked about Amnesty International getting the Arms Trade Treaty adopted by the GA. For legal i mentioned the Australian external affairs power, ICJ rulings, Treaties and the UNSC.

Kowther

HSC
so I made a mistake of not studying care + protection, changing nature of parental responsibility because I didn't think they'd ask the same thing 4th year in a row or whatever but still chucked it into the essay, and hoping for a good one. Consumer essay was so great though.

Uh crime question, I messed up. Only wrote 1 + 1/2 pages, expecting 6/15 and it's funny because I was going to study discretion but I ran out of time but overall it was a pretty good exam

expecting mid-high band 4, band 5 if the marker's are generous but we'll see

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
That exam, I'll be happy with anything above 90 aligned.

Based on that performance, and my trial performance, I probably got mid to high 80's raw.

But who cares, right? I have business in eleven days and I'm going to do amazingly! :D

SuperMike96

HSC
If I talked about slavery, how much legislation would I need?
I think I used 5+. They were all international law though. You wouldn't need that much though. Maybe 1/2 would suffice if you still answered the question.

Candidate

HSC
What would be the approx. raw mark that would align to a band 6? Like 85?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)