General Thoughts: Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

Kowther

HSC
Pretty much all the boys from the school next door left the hall 1 hour into the exam. Probably won't even get band 3 haha

Kowther

HSC
Haha, we're not allowed to walk out. Some "college policy" rubbish.

I would never walk out anyway.
Oh, we're allowed to leave when we finish. But yeah I'd always stay until the end, like even if I was a faster writer, I would stay, double check what I wrote etc etc

p.s. thanks for the sample paragraph you posted in that other thread. I followed the structure, and it made my essay sound much smarter/cohesive

Candidate

HSC
Discretion is in the themes isn't it? It was the very first thing we learnt about lol! perfect question.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh, we're allowed to leave when we finish. But yeah I'd always stay until the end, like even if I was a faster writer, I would stay, double check what I wrote etc etc

p.s. thanks for the sample paragraph you posted in that other thread. I followed the structure, and it made my essay sound much smarter/cohesive
No worries. :)

My essay that I made in the holidays fit the question perfectly, so family was so jizz for me.

Consumer was alright too.

Crime was really good.

Multiple choice was amazing! LOL JOKES

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
Hoping for 85 raw, unlike 89 in trial lol. Hopefully I can pull through. I started to get hell worried when people were like "BEST EXAM EVR!!11" but we'll see.

ncoul

HSC
For non-legal mechanisms in world order I discussed Negotiation, compliance, cooperation (as facilitated through sovereignty), jus cogens, R2P and I talked about Amnesty International getting the Arms Trade Treaty adopted by the GA. For legal i mentioned the Australian external affairs power, ICJ rulings, Treaties and the UNSC.
If you're talking about sanctions/pacts between nations, they're legal responses. I thought the World Order questions would be broader tbh, but family was too easy, as was crime and HR and multiple choice and everything else in between.

Candidate

HSC
If you're talking about sanctions/pacts between nations, they're legal responses. I thought the World Order questions would be broader tbh, but family was too easy, as was crime and HR and multiple choice and everything else in between.
No, just negotiation– not sanctions. I used the AU's negotiations with Kenya to stop the genocide in 2008 as an example.

RedDeadMaddie

HSC
"Peace rights, are a collective right... To peace."

Questions were all good, crime was especially delicious, I've had a discretion essay since the start of the year. But ran out of time and left crime last! I wrote it in like 20 minutes and was like "Discretion is good." Or "Judges and magistrates sometimes choose punishments that are bad." I sounded like 8 years old! Haha.

paul95

HSC
That was a pretty good exam, I think, no shocker questions which is good.

BDC-96

HSC
MC was fairly simple I might've got a few wrong (1 or 2)
Short Answers couldnt have been easier

The crime question I expected it, apparently it screwed some people

Consumer - broad very easy, family same as consumer though i ran out of time didnt get time to write a conclusion :((
Literally my experience. Great exam, human rights was bliss, crime was good, MC was good bar 1 or 2, consumer was very broad and easy and family was equally as easy. Ahhhhhh

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Literally my experience. Great exam, human rights was bliss, crime was good, MC was good bar 1 or 2, consumer was very broad and easy and family was equally as easy. Ahhhhhh
I never knew omed does legal.

Guess you learn something each day.

kelster

HSC
Omg you know that feeling when your confident and then you read other peoples responses online... I HAVE THAT!!!

fcken crime section screwed me over so bad... "assess the role of discretion and its importance in criminal sentencing and punishments". first thoughts: fck me.............

enoilgam

HSC
I'm kind of disappointed to see that people found the exam so easy - the course has really being going downhill for a while.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm kind of disappointed to see that people found the exam so easy - the course has really being going downhill for a while.
While the exam had no major curveballs, I think saying it was 'easy' is a bit to the extreme. The fact that we've been arguing about the multiple choice on the other thread attests to this. Then again, this website is not a representation of the rest of the state. Lots of people from a local high school near where I used to live are exclaiming about the difficulty of the test on facebook...

I still think It's a terrible indictment against the education system that I can study one night before the HSC major exam and still do well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)