General Thoughts: Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
I still think It's a terrible indictment against the education system that I can study one night before the HSC major exam and still do well.
I dont think Legal Studies is much of a course overall to be honest and it has got worse since the syllabus change.

Focus is Key

HSC
I didn't think it was 'easy' per-se. I found the multiple choice difficult (I usually get like 18/20 but expecting much lower). Also, I thought the human rights questions were possibly harder than in the past (peace rights, right to education, changing values and standards). However, the essays (where the most marks were) were pretty easy so....

BDC-96

HSC
I still think It's a terrible indictment against the education system that I can study one night before the HSC major exam and still do well.
It's knowledge retained over a long period of time though. I can see where you are coming from, I did zero past paper, time trials, etc, and still was able to feel very confident with both legal and English papers. I think it comes down to the student, some are obviously able to evade the system and fluke it, but a majority cannot. But yes at the end of the day HSC exams have so far been quite easy, and therefore kind of sit out of alignment with how much work and hype that is associated with the qualification. I think the legal paper would have been challenging for most of the state, people on here are more inclined to feel comfortable with it.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont think Legal Studies is much of a course overall to be honest and it has got worse since the syllabus change.
I think there are definitely parts of the syllabus which necessitate emphasis. What's a question of discretion on sentencing and emphasis? (crime q) All it is is trying to tie in parts of the syllabus together, which is quite frankly doing nothing. It doesn't test ability, it tests memory (which is more or less derived from ability). I think the dot points should be exhausted to the point where it tests the individual to critically analyse the issue, not regurgitate an analysis off some downloaded notes. However, I say this with reluctance because the HSC is pretty stressful due to the artificial hype that surrounds it, and some kids who are consumed in it don't really want to be extremely stressed the night before. I think there should be an extension subject of legal that focuses on proper issues, not some bullshit theoretical law which never encompasses actualisation. I guess that's what uni law is for...

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
So, I was really confident when I walked out of the exam room, turns out I got 16/20 in the mc lol... was demoralised for a couple of hours but now I know I need to smash Modern so yay! If anyone else is demoralised, PICK YOUR SHIT UP AND KEEP GOING.

BDC-96

HSC
I think there are definitely parts of the syllabus which necessitate emphasis. What's a question of discretion on sentencing and emphasis? (crime q) All it is is trying to tie in parts of the syllabus together, which is quite frankly doing nothing. It doesn't test ability, it tests memory (which is more or less derived from ability). I think the dot points should be exhausted to the point where it tests the individual to critically analyse the issue, not regurgitate an analysis off some downloaded notes. However, I say this with reluctance because the HSC is pretty stressful due to the artificial hype that surrounds it, and some kids who are consumed in it don't really want to be extremely stressed the night before. I think there should be an extension subject of legal that focuses on proper issues, not some bullshit theoretical law which never encompasses actualisation. I guess that's what uni law is for...
Extension Legal Studies, aha

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
So, I was really confident when I walked out of the exam room, turns out I got 16/20 in the mc lol... was demoralised for a couple of hours but now I know I need to smash Modern so yay! If anyone else is demoralised, PICK YOUR SHIT UP AND KEEP GOING.
That's still pretty solid, I either got 16 or 17.

Everything happens for a reason. At the end of the day, It's an exam for an entrance score for university, nothing more, and nothing less.

Remember, we're ranked against the whole state, not against our own self-imposed perceptions and expectations.

scenario

HSC
I agree. Most social science subjects are based on regurgitating. No critical thinking really required.

ns23q

HSC
While the exam had no major curveballs, I think saying it was 'easy' is a bit to the extreme. The fact that we've been arguing about the multiple choice on the other thread attests to this. Then again, this website is not a representation of the rest of the state. Lots of people from a local high school near where I used to live are exclaiming about the difficulty of the test on facebook...

I think its more a fact that everyone on this website is just super arrogant. It's always been the case, and probably always will be.

Every exam is always 'easy'

lolwot

HSC
Anyone got a copy of the paper, or what were the world order essay questions?

shellaaa

HSC
Did anyone do Shelter question A? What are values and ethics etc?

kpopism

HSC
while people are saying it was easy im here thinking about how hard it
was for me hahaha although i did well on world order, mc and human rights i
screwed up family and crime pretty bad even though i was so prepared for
the family question ! just had a major case of mind blank. fml.

kpopism

HSC
Anyone got a copy of the paper, or what were the world order essay questions?
a - to what extent have legal and non-legal measures responded to the evolving nature of world order?
b - explain how australia has responded to world order issues

kpopism

HSC
I think its more a fact that everyone on this website is just super arrogant. It's always been the case, and probably always will be.

Every exam is always 'easy'
i just think a lot of people here know their shit lol then theres me...ha.

Dabzz

HSC
MC good. Last one was stupid and none of the 'choices' were correct.
Peace rights.... made that up.
HR was okay.
Family and shelter essays were a Godsend.
Crime 15 marker- ugh.

Mutant Kitty

HSC
I found parts of the exam okay and others hard.
My study was quite bad though I think, I seemed to go really well with a lot of stuff people are saying was challenging, but screwed up some easy things due to not seeing the content for months or just not paying enough attention.
Thank goodness for early admission.

Mutant Kitty

HSC
I can only speak for myself, but I attend class, read a news article every once and a while and do 1/2 of the worksheets I receive and I'll get a medium to high band 5 I'd imagine. Rather easy course that a lot of people think is hard...

SuperMike96

HSC
any one want to give me a definition of a peace right?

I found you very boring to read. Most of the time I couldn't tell if the book was written by a 7 year old who just learnt how to use italics in word, or if it had a deeper meaning.
Sincerely, English Advanced student.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)