General Thoughts - Physics (1 Viewer)

danz90

HSC
Hope you all went well!

Post up general thoughts about this year's Physics exam.

:)

dolbinau

HSC
Pretty good not sure about mc but hpegul for band 6. Medical physics option easy. Short answer had too many long responses.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
yeah med phys was easy, im hoping for like 70% raw and i still think i woulda gotten 20+ easy on med phys.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
There weren't enough calculation questions.

Our teacher had been telling us all year that about 50% of the paper was calculation. Turns out there were three questions this year.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
that was ok. mc was abit confusing ( as fkn usual for physics). Im hoping for a high 60's to low 70's raw. which SHOULD align to a band 5

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
pretty easy i mean besides one that i went blank on only a 2 marker tho so hopeing for 80s raw mark so should be good

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
dolbinau said:
Pretty good not sure about mc but hpegul for band 6. Medical physics option easy. Short answer had too many long responses.
Agreed. I cant say it was dead easy but medical physics was so simple. I only screwed up the radiopharmecautical question.

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
How did you guys go on the 6 markers? I thought they were fairly starightforward, Einstein was good, and I did Westinghouse for the external ideas one, was good :D

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
weird questions
only projectile question was in mc
wtf was up with that

sobern

HSC
Thought shortanswers & med were simple, pretty sure had maybe 3 brain snaps in multiple choice though so hopeful of band 6

Jaspal

HSC
I didn't really like it, i found some questions hard, although i answered everything except 1 question in depth, cause i didnt know what to say in one. I'm hoping i did ok.

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
ohh i did terrible! i was writing anything didnt even know what i was doing to be honest. im hoping it scales alrite this year and i get a, um band 4 (pleaseeee)

But all the best guys. i dont know if it was just me (bcos im not too good/never been good friends with physics) but i found it difficult. wish there was more projectile calcualtions, or special relativity ones, something, anything just more maths! not theory!

Wow thinking about it now i really did poorly in that test. Im sad.. hey one more test and what a relief it is to have that over with..

proringz

HSC
SkimDawg said:
How did you guys go on the 6 markers? I thought they were fairly starightforward, Einstein was good, and I did Westinghouse for the external ideas one, was good :D
I talked about Edison, as Westinghouse wasn't really a scientist. But I talked about how Westinghouse was an 'external influence' to Edison.

wLym

HSC
happy. the first exam i am actually happy about. i feel ive got the energy now to tackle chem.

tpeet

HSC
Quanta to Quarks had a mass defect qu :(
I found the paper difficult... But i am so glad it is over!!!!

CRANK-SHAFT

i'm on urPC,pwning n00bs
HSC
overall i thought it was pretty staright forward and i had tim eto check my calculations but some multiple choices were just weird....like the on with the rotating drum with the metal strip...whats it mean by emf across the strip lol...

anyways good luck everyone and hope we all get like 80+ :p

dolbinau

HSC
proringz said:
I talked about Edison, as Westinghouse wasn't really a scientist. But I talked about how Westinghouse was an 'external influence' to Edison.
I talked about Konstantin Tsiolovosky (spelt his name wrong < but yeah LOL).

CRANK-SHAFT

i'm on urPC,pwning n00bs
HSC
overall i thought it was pretty staright forward and i had tim eto check my calculations but some multiple choices were just weird....like the on with the rotating drum with the metal strip...whats it mean by emf across the strip lol...

anyways good luck everyone and hope we all get like 80+ :p

thewog2004

HSC
i went against the question that there are NO external influences and i talked about westinghouse and edison

Aaron.Judd

HSC
For the scientist with external forces, I talked about Edison and Westinghouse, focuing on Edison as he was a scientist and Westinghouse was not.

The multiple choice this year were differernt and harder to previous years multipel choice. Overall, I thought short answer questions though were easier than past yers, probably because there were mroe essay questiosn and less calculation questions.

I was surpised about the projectile motion, as normally theres at least 5 marks guranteed for it and this year there was only 1 multiple chocie question worth one mark on it.

A pretty good paper overall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)