General Thoughts: Physics (1 Viewer)

tonyharrison

HSC
A girl in my exam left early.
She's not Asian either!
And afterwards she was like, that was easy.
AND I'M LIKE SHUT UP!
*cry*

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I had answered every part of every question with 45 minutes to spare. I checked my answers twice and noticed one or two mistakes. I also used this time to rewrite the projectiles question, which was done really really messy, initially.

It's interesting though, how a projectile is defined as an object that only has the force of gravity on it. This one had an electric field acting on it. Hence why a different acceleration had to be calculated.
I thought that question was really sneaky.

00iCon

HSC
Im so annoyed i didnt pick up that the electron was a projectile, 5mins after the exam finished i was like "Angle, initial velocity, force down (a) OMG ITS A FUCKEN PROJECTILE"

:( Sneaky bastards.....

Good paper, Astro was easy - 6 marker in Astro was glorious.

Well done BOS, finally got one right!
did two pages and 2 lines on the 6 marker... what about you?

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I did 4 pages on the astro 6 marker :S
I kinda have big writing but including everything possible. I had to make sure considering I had to teach that paft of the syllabus to myself coz my teacher is incompetent =]

00iCon

HSC
I did 4 pages on the astro 6 marker :S
I kinda have big writing but including everything possible. I had to make sure considering I had to teach that paft of the syllabus to myself coz my teacher is incompetent =]
Goddamit! I thought i did good but apparently not enough. But i have small writing and put some notes on the radiation emitted on the opposite, blank page.. I think i did it wrong. i developed the star too far and said it became a white dwarf therefore it is under the chandrasekar limit i.e. <1.5 solar masses...

Monsterman

HSC
The exam was easy. Should get +90...

and most people from my school found it easy..

Last edited:

Thecorey0

HSC
Goddamit! I thought i did good but apparently not enough. But i have small writing and put some notes on the radiation emitted on the opposite, blank page.. I think i did it wrong. i developed the star too far and said it became a white dwarf therefore it is under the chandrasekar limit i.e. <1.5 solar masses...
I did something similar, wrote a small amount on the Chandrasekar limit and the white dwarf, a very small amount compared to the rest of the response though. Although it didn't have a letter on it, the dotted line did go there. Eastiest Astro I've seen tbh.

s.tephanie92

HSC
Re: 2009 HSC Physics - How did you go?

for 5 i got C

cause the graviational field of the Sun remains the same; doesn't it :confused:
thats what i thought gravity works center to center mutual attraction N3L
how can it increase or decrease? its distance between sun and moon does not change

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
It's interesting though, how a projectile is defined as an object that only has the force of gravity on it. This one had an electric field acting on it. Hence why a different acceleration had to be calculated.
I thought that question was really sneaky.
Yeah, trajectory of a projectile in an electric field is parabolic.

In real life projectile motion due to gravity is elliptical since 'g' is not constant. But we treat is as constant in HSC courses.

I can't believe that I found tv instead of t0 for the first short answer question!!!

tashisthebest

HSC
i figured that it was a projectile and used that (delta y= u t + 0.5 a t^2) for the electron and i ended up getting time being rediculas long.

i got like 3*10^6. n i was just like WTF. then i tried 2 uses the time dilation formula. im pretty sure i fuked tha up. lol.

loved the astro section another 25/25 from me :)

JasonNg1025

HSC
with the projectile I got something insanely small, something x 10-8 seconds...

With the one where you had to find the magnetic field strength, didn't you need to know the charge on proton? I assumed it was equal to electron charge.

carlytse621

HSC
Yeah, trajectory of a projectile in an electric field is parabolic.

In real life projectile motion due to gravity is elliptical since 'g' is not constant. But we treat is as constant in HSC courses.

I can't believe that I found tv instead of t0 for the first short answer question!!!
Don't we find tv??? I find tv
Isn't because if u are moving at fast constant speed, it can also means the space moving at that speed in relative to you too.... :S

Last edited:

suckierocks

HSC
medical just so easy !!

i just did badly on space topic i suppose ... hope getting 70s ^^

tzintz

HSC
waaaaaay too many equations
the board of studies is getting Jewish
equations are easier and cheaper to mark then reponses so there taking the easy way out and not testing students as they should be. ie on the theory
aside from that i didnt think it was too bad
just pissed off expecting to get asked questions to explain and discuss physics theory and ended up sitting a math exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)