General Thoughts: Physics (1 Viewer)

talcum

HSC
In regard to the spinning space station question:

I think the question specified 'rotational speed', but everyone here is giving things in m/s
did anyone else give an answer in degrees per second?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
What did everyone talk about for 6 marker on Einstein?
brief outline of what i did:
*extended on planck's E=hf from black body to light
*solved the frequency/time delay/intensity problem
*some stuff about how energy can only be transferred in discrete packages
*his proposal helped de Broglie with his model of the wave/particle properties of matter theory
*something else i can't remember at the moment

ah yeah, i said he solved the uv catastrphe ._. hopefully markers don't deduct marks for that

Last edited:

Randox

HSC
N/A
brief outline of what i did:
*extended on planck's E=hf from black body to light
*solved the frequency/time delay/intensity problem
*some stuff about how energy can only be transferred in discrete packages
*his proposal helped de Broglie with his model of the wave/particle properties of matter theory
*something else i can't remember at the moment

ah yeah, i said he solved the uv catastrphe ._. hopefully markers don't deduct marks for that
Same as you except the bold part. I'm guessing that guy is I'm Q2Q. I also talked about how his work on black body radiation led to that wave particle duality of light which is a quantum concept. Is that true?

Why would they deduct mark for that? He did provide an explanation for it didn't he?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Same as you except the bold part. I'm guessing that guy is I'm Q2Q. I also talked about how his work on black body radiation led to that wave particle duality of light which is a quantum concept. Is that true?
that's what you highlighted haha and yeah the blokes from Q2Q

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC

Why would they deduct mark for that? He did provide an explanation for it didn't he?
I said he solved the catastrophe, while it was planck who solved it. facefalm

Randox

HSC
N/A
I said he solved the catastrophe, while it was planck who solved it. facefalm
Was it lol. Did not know that. Actually... Wait yes I did. Lol Anyway I didn't even mention uv catastrophe which I probs should have.

Randox

HSC
N/A
What did you guys do for the 7 marker. I stupidly forgot to talk about superconductors and spent 2 pages just on transistors/solid state devices/micro chips/ p and n type semiconductor/ photocell and linked most of them to their benefits. Can't believe I didn't talk about superconductors lol. Will I be capped?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
What did you guys do for the 7 marker. I stupidly forgot to talk about superconductors and spent 2 pages just on transistors/solid state devices/micro chips/ p and n type semiconductor/ photocell and linked most of them to their benefits. Can't believe I didn't talk about superconductors lol. Will I be capped?
Probably not

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

7-marker:

one paragraph on cause, effect, reason of semiconductors (p-type and n-type). Forgot to do this --> Briefly mention the impact on society.

one paragraph on cause, effect, reason of superconductors (ceramics and metals (meissner)). Briefly mentioned the impact on society.

one paragraph on the overall impact on society from these technologies and assessment of cause and effect for both super/semi-conductors.

All one page.

Somewhere between 4 marks and 7 marks I'm guessing. Confident with 6 or 7.

Anyone want to clarify a mark?

talcum

HSC
Stupidly, I disregarded the syllabus. I talked about how metal ores were purified to increase conductivity -> enabled faraday to experiment -> led to modern power grids through transformers. Then, rambled on about valves and transistors. I also forgot to mention superconductors! ugh, that would have been perfect.

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
The head of James Ruse Science confirmed that the solar cell can be used in the description of the photocell. Since she said the solar cell is a type of photocell.

thebaase

HSC
2010 HSC: Explain why light having a wavelength longer than a certain value does not
produce an electric current in a photocell.

Sample answer:
Photocells rely on the photoelectric effect for their operation. In the photoelectric effect, a
photon with sufficient energy (greater than or equal to a threshold called the work function) is
able to cause an electron to be ejected from the surface of a metal. These ejected electrons are
the photocell current. Longer wavelength light contains lower energy photons, so light with a
wavelength longer than the threshold wavelength is not able to eject electrons (= produce a
photocell current).

Locus

HSC
What was the explanation for the braking of the vehicle from the 'motor acting as a generator'?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
7-marker:

one paragraph on cause, effect, reason of semiconductors (p-type and n-type). Forgot to do this --> Briefly mention the impact on society.

one paragraph on cause, effect, reason of superconductors (ceramics and metals (meissner)). Briefly mentioned the impact on society.

one paragraph on the overall impact on society from these technologies and assessment of cause and effect for both super/semi-conductors.

All one page.

Somewhere between 4 marks and 7 marks I'm guessing. Confident with 6 or 7.

Anyone want to clarify a mark?

Anyone willing to give a mark?

cloudxex

HSC
For the AU one, the 1.19AU thing
isnt it 2 sigfigs since 590 earth days is used?
590 = 2 sig figs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)