General Thoughts: Physics (1 Viewer)

mishconduct

HSC
my answer is it slowing down from A to C, then from C to D it go back to initial velocity, anyone got the same?
but how would it go back to the initial velocity if there is nothing to accelerate it after its been slowed down by the magnet?

BillKyriakos

HSC
The explanation was fine, it was just the velocity graph which got me.. How many marks would one lose in the event of the graph being wrong?

genodeg

HSC
N/A
im not very confident with what i did but it seems sort of strange that its accelerating at the end of yours mang

keepLooking

HSC
Mine had a steeper gradient at the start and the gradient at the end was lower. Something like what HecticLad said, a side-way cubic.

HecticLad

HSC
yo whats wrong with the end?
was at constant velocity at the start, meaning it had no acceleration and therefore no continuous force applied to it, so if it loses its kinetic energy and there is no force pushing it, it wont gain any kinetic energy

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
was at constant velocity at the start, meaning it had no acceleration and therefore no continuous force applied to it, so if it loses its kinetic energy and there is no force pushing it, it wont gain any kinetic energy
of course! god dammit..

sy37

HSC
FUCK I forgot about that..I thought it was a motor car for some reason wtf

somethingman30

HSC
But for it to move at a constant velocity it would need to be pushed/pulled by a constant force. Otherwise friction would cause it to slow down and hence not move with a constant velocity. You could therefore argue that that constant force continued after the magnetic field of the permanent magnet, the trolleys velocity would increase and return back to it's initial velocity

atargainz

HSC
mine was straight, then it dipped down with a steep gradient when it reached the magnet, then when it passed the magnet i drew a less steep gradient still decerasing because it was still slowing down

Hazabot

Tutor
HSC
Should have had a circular path too, not a sharp bend
You're confusing magnetic fields with electric, it should be parabolic, the force is still unidirectional, unlike a magnetic field, which creates a circular path, as the force changes with respect to the direction of the current.
#PhysicsNerdLyf

BillKyriakos

HSC
Re: Thoughts on the exam?

Age of silicon option topic was super easy.
zzz
velocity of electron
zzz
newtons laws
zzz
photoelectriceffect mc
zzz

ZZZ
LONG RESPONSES

EDIT: What were you expecting to get for physics (raw mark out of 100) before and now?
Before: About 85
Now: 81/82

PhysicsMaths

HSC
You're confusing magnetic fields with electric, it should be parabolic, the force is still unidirectional, unlike a magnetic field, which creates a circular path, as the force changes with respect to the direction of the current.
#PhysicsNerdLyf
Theres a mathematical expression that can be found online that explains the parabolic motion of charged particles in an electric field. It's beyond the syllabus however.

Regarding magnetic fields however, it's much easier to understand due to the magnetic fields being always perpendicular to the velocity of the particle, and the subsequent motion is circular

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)