General Thoughts: Science (1 Viewer)

blonde_auspo

HSC
It was reflection..... it was pretty good ...... what did ppl write about the lollies and jelly section about the layers.. the advantage and limitation section....... i wrote. "it stimulates the children and is a fun way of rembering the layers"

zxreth

HSC
It's where fertilization occurs, where a zygote grows and where a babby lives during a woman's pregnancy.
i wrote its where the egg is implanted and starts growing. would i get the mark?

silence--

HSC
fertilisation is in the fallopian tube. which is also what i put for that question >_>

hopefully i can scrap 1/2 for that haha

drizzle11

HSC
I got 3 and 4.. I thought 1 didn't have any water in it?
it didn't, it was testing water on iron so you needed iron without water and without oxygen and iron with water and without oxygen.

therefore only having one independent variable, which is the water.

Last edited:

zxreth

HSC
It was reflection..... it was pretty good ...... what did ppl write about the lollies and jelly section about the layers.. the advantage and limitation section....... i wrote. "it stimulates the children and is a fun way of rembering the layers"
advantage: allows students to visualise what the actual fossils look like on a cliff face
disadvantage: you do not know how old each layer of the jelly represents.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
I did this:
Advantage: Makes the model seem more fun and engaging to a younger audience.
Disadvantage: Cannot be used to explain faults, folds, dykes and other geological formations.

Mudkip94

HSC
Advantage: It is simple, concise and easy to understand.
Disadvantage: It is oversimplified and does not truly represent geological history.

Cee.

HSC
Advantages: The model is a simple representation of the actual thing.
Disadvantages: The model may be inaccurate.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I couldn't think of a disadvantage and ended up saying that without having a 2nd model it could be hard to understand relative dating using that particular model. Think ill get a mark =S?

HSC
Uni Grad
I did this:
Advantage: Makes the model seem more fun and engaging to a younger audience.
Disadvantage: Cannot be used to explain faults, folds, dykes and other geological formations.
The disadvantage one was the same with mine.. but for advantages I said it was a similar model which was simple to understand..

T K

HSC
.... oh phew... luckily I got that one right...

but omg, I screwed up the theory part... like I stated Newtons third law :/

and I didnt get the process of natural selection thingo... what was the process of natural selection?

btw at least I found the test easier than my trials =P
There are many processes of natural selection, however I did:

• Speciation;
  • Survival of the fittest;
  • Prevention of interbreeding (seperation);
  • Decline/increase of numbers.

Jabba Da Hat

HSC
It was easy. Really easy.

It was so amusing when one of the supervisors from Board of Studies' phone went off during our exam. They keep on telling us that phones going off will have serious consequences. Does that include their own phones?
That is Pure Gold.
was it Just me or was there like barely any B's?

silence--

HSC
models oversimplify theory. that's a disadvantage you can write for almost any model.

dinosaurtomatoe

HSC
N/A
Can i ask what school you all go to?

You all sound really smart, i'm guessing like James ruse/Sydney Boys/Sydney girls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)