General Thoughts: Science (1 Viewer)

zxreth

HSC
for the question: which two function coordinate the human body... would the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system be correct?

Mudkip94

HSC
What did you guys put for why reducing MP3 levels is beneficial? I put it saves the listener's hearing and prevents hearing loss and no medical bills for hearing loss.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
The law vs theory confusion:
when a theory stands the test of time it is made into a law.

zxreth

HSC
i said that there is no threat for hearing loss and the fact that they would not be treating differently/ discriminated against.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
What did you guys put for why reducing MP3 levels is beneficial? I put it saves the listener's hearing and prevents hearing loss and no medical bills for hearing loss.
It never said it had to be two points (implied by marks though) so i put three weak points.
1. Prevents increased need to provide medical help.
2. Prevents damage to the ears of unaware teens.
3. Reduces "sound pollution" in public transport from peoples earphones.

The third one is serious, if your on a bus/train you can often hear peoples music and it can be annoying.

edit: by the 1st one i mean what Hayazz is saying, if you look at the stats a lot of people who were young when walkmans came out have hearing difficulties now. That trend would continue now with ipods/mp3 players.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
I wrote that it will benefit the user by lessening the chance of going deaf, and it will benefit society because there will be less people who need support due to impaired hearing.

T K

HSC
for the question: which two function coordinate the human body... would the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system be correct?
The correct answer was the nervous system and the endocrine system; you might get one mark for that, as the peripheral and central nervous systems make up the nervous system.

smartalec

HSC
hmmm...for the question where it asked to explain a theory or something...i stupidely just wrote evidence for a theory, maybe mentioning once 'evolution' i talked about forearm similarities. would i get 1 mark?

Amogh

HSC
N/A
they both are technically part of the same system : nervous system
don't think you'll get full, though you got half the total for sure (Y)
the correct answer: endocrine and nervous.

just realised
scaling is uber slack for someone with a 100

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The correct answer was the nervous system and the endocrine system; you might get one mark for that, as the peripheral and central nervous systems make up the nervous system.
If you go back a few pages you'll see that it actually said you had to refer to the source and a BOS person confirmed that for someone. So nobody is 100% sure for that question yet.

Mudkip94

HSC
I wrote that it will benefit the user by lessening the chance of going deaf, and it will benefit society because there will be less people who need support due to impaired hearing.
But it asked you to choose EITHER the listener OR society i.e. choose one.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
hmmm...for the question where it asked to explain a theory or something...i stupidely just wrote evidence for a theory, maybe mentioning once 'evolution' i talked about forearm similarities. would i get 1 mark?
ofcourse you would. you've answered half the question, or maybe whole.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I dont think they would be that slack. Also i dont remember EITHER being specifically stated?

oneyay

HSC
Kinda easy, The property of light was Reflection as it bounced off, we didnt need to know internal reflection or w/e

As for the Z question i didnt read it clearly and lost marks :(

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
No it didn't. It just said give two reasons to why this would benefit the both listener or society. It never said choose.

momoki

HSC
i screwed.
Too much bio kills my head.
I demand more physics.
I was going spastic from my rows of coloured same letters.
and damn the jelly question. Too geo - ish for my liking.
anywayz, fingers cross for a mark above 85 ... ;]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)