• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
shoxgeneration said:
well it's not really the ARC's fault due to the impact of VSU. But technically yes, you need to be an ARC member to take part in any ARC-programs. So why don't you just get membership then?! Lol, if you want to that badly...

Otherwise, you can do volunteer work at the UNSW Careers & Employment Office (that doesn't require membership), or become a Careers Expo volunteer. That's all I can think of that's "free" - besides from joining clubs/societies that aren't affiliated with ARC.
I came online just so i could reply to your post :shy:

Oh, i'm speechless :eek:

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
Bobness said:
I came online just so i could reply to your post :shy:

Oh, i'm speechless :eek:

haha, where have you been fair stranger? :)

i'm about to burst into tears from frustration (directed @ consolidation) :(

PS. Was so rad, went to Apple store and said aloha to Mike the other day! He and his cool orange tee haha

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
shoxgeneration said:
haha, where have you been fair stranger? :)

i'm about to burst into tears from frustration (directed @ consolidation) :(

PS. Was so rad, went to Apple store and said aloha to Mike the other day! He and his cool orange tee haha
I have no idea what consolidation is :( I am accounting this to my lack of knowledge of your major.

(cwotididthere)

Oh that sounded fun! Mike is truly the apple of my eye :eek:

I wish i could say moar (still speechless :eek::eek:)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
consolidation is the ugly cousin to economics....

haha i did yellow shirts for 2 years. so fawesome!

hero.

HSC
N/A
Lol, I'm hardly at uni (like say once a week) so getting an ARC membership would be like applying for car insurance when I have a bike (????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????)

Well, anyway last time I heard the ARC membership fee has gone through the roof or more like much more expensive than last year. Would the cost of ARC membership be worth it just to be able to volunteer for yellow shirt?

I mean, I would really like to volunteer for yellow shirt but the thing is, this membership is going to cost over $100 and I work hard for my money and I dont get that much (I earn like $60 a day) and Im not going to get much benefit from this membership so...................................

I think Ill just go and have a talk to whoever is in charge.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
It might be worth it to ask, but I have a feeling they won't let you. Although I don't agree with it, I have a feeling they might think "if you aren't willing to sign up for ARC, you aren't for yellow shirts".

@Helen: Hahaha sorry again I was so busy!! But it was really awesome to see you in the store :)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
uhawww said:
It might be worth it to ask, but I have a feeling they won't let you. Although I don't agree with it, I have a feeling they might think "if you aren't willing to sign up for ARC, you aren't for yellow shirts".

@Helen: Hahaha sorry again I was so busy!! But it was really awesome to see you in the store :)
I'm CERTAIN they won't let you, if you're not in ARC. That's what we've been told since last year.

P.S. head over to non-school mike :)

Helen is suddenly quiet. Speechless? :eek:

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
Bobness said:
I'm CERTAIN they won't let you, if you're not in ARC. That's what we've been told since last year.

P.S. head over to non-school mike :)

Helen is suddenly quiet. Speechless? :eek:

haah i don't LIVE here :p as much as i would like to.... lol

Yeah, I'm quite certain they won't let you either. Otherwise it would be unfair in general.

it's okay mike lol - i'll drop over next time................ when it's not so busy?

Consolidation is the devil in accounting. I Have Given Up. No Jokes *dies* :(

Loz_metalhead

HSC
shoxgeneration said:
haah i don't LIVE here :p as much as i would like to.... lol

Yeah, I'm quite certain they won't let you either. Otherwise it would be unfair in general.

it's okay mike lol - i'll drop over next time................ when it's not so busy?

Consolidation is the devil in accounting. I Have Given Up. No Jokes *dies* :(
I'm dying with consolidation as well :(...I haven't even looked at chapter 18 yet. I'm still struggling with chapter 17

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
dude i know .. i've gotten so sick of it that i've moved onto legal entites - which bores me so much .. so you can imagine how disgusted i am with consol ARGH.

when's your tute? mine's wed (thank god)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
lol guys I have...4 assignments sitting on my table...

Hmm where should I begin?

I'll start by getting a good nights sleep

karoooh

HSC
OMG I'm going to fail my exams tomorrow because I'm crap and my shitty Politics assignment's rushed and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I hate Mondays. :(:(:(

karoooh

HSC
uhawww said:

Are you still going to apply to be a YS? I am if you are. :) If I stop being pov in time that is.

HSC
karoooh said:
OMG I'm going to fail my exams tomorrow because I'm crap and my shitty Politics assignment's rushed and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I hate Mondays. :(:(:(
You have a politics assignment? I feel jealous.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
Are you still going to apply to be a YS? I am if you are. :) If I stop being pov in time that is.
I'll apply if you apply.

My little ravioli :eek:

I guess it rests with Mike now. Or you, if you're keen (and become rich - esp in carbonara sauce) :eek::eek:

Good luck for your exam!

karoooh

HSC
Haha, yea, if you do it, I will too! :)

And I'm doomed pour français! I'm not really worried, I'm just being an idiot. :p And the other exam's only 8%, so eh!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
awww fresh ys

/wipes tear away from eye

if you guys get in it should be alright. there is a lot of second time shirts but squad leaders.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
Haha, yea, if you do it, I will too! :)

And I'm doomed pour français! I'm not really worried, I'm just being an idiot. :p And the other exam's only 8%, so eh!
Well, here's practice.

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi (ce soir)?

Find the grammatical error relating to formal/informal pronoun and you're sweet :eek: Marmalade :shy:

P.S. answer the question too. It's a parodiiiieeessss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)