general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Voting closed today. I hope she wins. She campaigned all by herself - she funded her own campaign, put posters up alone, gained votes by herself (with a twisted ankle!) etc

I felt horrible when I found out that her posters were torn down. People like that disgust me.
I think she won, from what my friend told me. Congrats to her! lolol I have only met Natalie like once, don't think she recalls me though.

On a side note, enrolled today. Was relatively smooth, finished in 5 mins :D

freelywilly

HSC
me 4 days, but on fridays i have one 1-hour lecture :s

Took me 5 mins to enrol too. Feels so good to be a 3rd yr student lolol

MooshyMoosh

HSC
Does anyone know if the security check your id cards before u can enter the library on the weekends? Or do they only do it in the morning before 9?

cs01001

HSC
Doesn't seem to have much online geneds available for semester 2 :( Any good, easy ones recommended?

henry08

HSC
N/A
Can anyone give any insight into the following maths 1231 lecturerers and whether they are any good:
- Dr D Potapov
- Dr CC Tisdell
- Dr CK Mak
- Apro JA Roberts
- Apro J Murray
- Dr D Combe

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
i might be doing phys1160, its a new course so not sure if its easy.
Um, that's not a GenEd.

Try the Science faculty ones. I think they're running some shit about nuclear weapons and one about science and religion. Or religion and terror by the Law school. Did that last year. It was interesting and easy.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
science and religion is alot of work for 3 uoc.
Hmm... Really? I was hoping to my .25 extra WAM this semester, get a distinct avg and then apply for overloading to do science and religion.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
3 econ subjects hey moll?
One's political economy which, as we all know, isn't realy economics. Apparently is just a whole pile of readings and mini-essays. I try to do one "fun" subject a semester.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Hmm... Really? I was hoping to my .25 extra WAM this semester, get a distinct avg and then apply for overloading to do science and religion.
Yes.

Every week is lecture material that takes around 20-30 minutes to read. Questions to answer (take another 20-30) which is 40 a week.

Then you have to post onto the forum and reply to others...which can take another hr seeing as how badly blackboard forums are.

Then you have to keep a journal on your thoughts that should be updated weekly.

30% = participation on forum, 30% = 2k word essay, 20% = journal, 20% = random quiz.

Come to think of it it's not ALOT of work, just very time consuming for what is actually required.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
One's political economy which, as we all know, isn't realy economics. Apparently is just a whole pile of readings and mini-essays. I try to do one "fun" subject a semester.
ahhh hahaha. i see :)

Yes.

Every week is lecture material that takes around 20-30 minutes to read. Questions to answer (take another 20-30) which is 40 a week.

Then you have to post onto the forum and reply to others...which can take another hr seeing as how badly blackboard forums are.

Then you have to keep a journal on your thoughts that should be updated weekly.

30% = participation on forum, 30% = 2k word essay, 20% = journal, 20% = random quiz.

Come to think of it it's not ALOT of work, just very time consuming for what is actually required.
no final exam?!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
ahhh hahaha. i see :)

no final exam?!
Only upside I guess...

Overall not a hard course, not at all. Just annoyed at the amount of time I invest in it compared to History of Math where I study 4 hrs prior to the exams and get 90%+.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)