general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
uhawww said:
ask Kevin... he's going on exchange and he's like 1.2k in credit card debt lol

Waaaaah. Is this from his job at the Jap restaurant? I don't know if I can stand getting back into waitressing again.

Edit: Debt? :/ Not the best person, I'd think!

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
hey im applying for exchange this sem.

basically, as u probs already know - you need to show proof that you have at least 1,800 for each mth you plan to be on exchange for. So basically, apart from your current savings from income.... you can:

- show your credit card limit (they accept this) as they "don't care if you can't pay it back" LOL

- if your parents will, draw up a letter where they promise that they'll give you x amount of money during the time you're o/s or whatever

- draw up yourself, a timeline of income to be received from now and until you go on exchange?

I can't think of anything else just yet...

Oh and also there are OS Loans available - go check it if desperate!

PS. where are you planning on going to?

EDIT: haha i just realised i probs half-answered your question.... I am nowhere near how much I need either... don't worry too much :S just keep working and saving i guess..... I have 3 varied jobs.. so trying to not spend as much as i do :(

karoooh

HSC
shoxgeneration said:
hey im applying for exchange this sem.

basically, as u probs already know - you need to show proof that you have at least 1,800 for each mth you plan to be on exchange for. So basically, apart from your current savings from income.... you can:

- show your credit card limit (they accept this) as they "don't care if you can't pay it back" LOL

- if your parents will, draw up a letter where they promise that they'll give you x amount of money during the time you're o/s or whatever

- draw up yourself, a timeline of income to be received from now and until you go on exchange?

I can't think of anything else just yet...

Oh and also there are OS Loans available - go check it if desperate!

PS. where are you planning on going to?

EDIT: haha i just realised i probs half-answered your question.... I am nowhere near how much I need either... don't worry too much :S just keep working and saving i guess..... I have 3 varied jobs.. so trying to not spend as much as i do :(
I'm going on exchange to France. I'm assuming you are too? I do have time to save and I know all the options, but I'd just feel better if I could save up a lot myself. :eek:

What do you work as? And which uni do you want to head to? I'm thinking about Sciences-Po, but am still discussing it with a friend, because we plan on heading over in 2010.

karoooh

HSC
uhawww said:
she does french also, u gals can geek out about it together
Sif I'd geek out. :eek: I did really badly this sem. :eek: Ooops. How'd you do in Jap?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
karoooh said:
Sif I'd geek out. :eek: I did really badly this sem. :eek: Ooops. How'd you do in Jap?
I did ok in Jap, marks are getting worse though so over all I'm pissed... I blame the 12 weeks :\

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
karoooh said:
I'm going on exchange to France. I'm assuming you are too? I do have time to save and I know all the options, but I'd just feel better if I could save up a lot myself. :eek:

What do you work as? And which uni do you want to head to? I'm thinking about Sciences-Po, but am still discussing it with a friend, because we plan on heading over in 2010.

Hey, yeah haha France bien sur! I would like so much to get into ESSEC. and then either Sciences-Po or Reims, still be to tossed around between which one exactly is 2nd/3rd options. Applying now for this time next year :O

Ah nice, well i'll tell you how it goes ultimately haha since i'm going a year earlier!

Um, well i work for the uni, an accounting firm and also very casually bookkeeping for this lovely lady who owns her own legal recruitment company.

karoooh

HSC
shoxgeneration said:
haha :p

you do french i hear - bonjour ma cherie :) qu'est-ce que tu fais a la FAC?
Bonjour! Je fait a la Science/Arts. J'ai oublié beaucoup français - Désolée! :eek:

karoooh

HSC
shoxgeneration said:
Hey, yeah haha France bien sur! I would like so much to get into ESSEC. and then either Sciences-Po or Reims, still be to tossed around between which one exactly is 2nd/3rd options. Applying now for this time next year :O

Ah nice, well i'll tell you how it goes ultimately haha since i'm going a year earlier!

Um, well i work for the uni, an accounting firm and also very casually bookkeeping for this lovely lady who owns her own legal recruitment company.
You're definitely closer to the target amount than I am! I'm only working in retail at the moment, am actively seeking for a second job that isn't related to waitressing, but it looks like I'm headed that way again. :(

karoooh

HSC
uhawww said:
I did ok in Jap, marks are getting worse though so over all I'm pissed... I blame the 12 weeks :\
Have you found a new job yet? And are you going to check out that P&G thing? I think I might.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
karoooh said:
Have you found a new job yet? And are you going to check out that P&G thing? I think I might.
no job yet, but i'm getting close (had some interviews and stuff so i'm hoping for the best!)

i might check out the p&g thing, just to see stas mostly hahaa. I don't think i can internship until after next year

klaw

HSC
karoooh said:
Waaaaah. Is this from his job at the Jap restaurant? I don't know if I can stand getting back into waitressing again.

Edit: Debt? :/ Not the best person, I'd think!
What are you talking about? I AM the best person.... ever...

and... waitering's fun!!!!!!!!!! andddddd sifnt go to japan.....

klaw

HSC
karoooh said:
I did quit for a reason, you know. :p

How's the job going?
oh and I got a new job... at another jap restaurant... just started last week and the ppl there are really really nice!!!!!!!! waitering's so much better than all my other jobs... I can't believe you hate it so much...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)