HSC
Re: The UTS 'Secks and Start of Autumn Semester' Thread

i guess each faculty has its own shit subjects

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC

Huratio said:
On the whole, MPO has to be undoubtedly the worst subject on the Business degree. Wait- It could possibly be the worst subject in UTS. Not many will dispute this.
You obviously haven't done enough of the IT subjects :p

I'm glad everyone here dislikes MPO. People only seemed to like it before because it was 'easy to pass'. Doesn't make it a good subject though. Trashy text, trashy staff, trashy content and trashy assessments.

What are you guys talking about? BStats is/was great :D Finance..yeah that's gross.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

ragnarok said:
You obviously haven't done enough of the IT subjects :p

I'm glad everyone here dislikes MPO. People only seemed to like it before because it was 'easy to pass'. Doesn't make it a good subject though. Trashy text, trashy staff, trashy content and trashy assessments.

What are you guys talking about? BStats is/was great :D Finance..yeah that's gross.
Yes.. I can feel SDP around the corner, and I have ran over that horrible bump in systems modelling lol.

krayzie_

HSC

jemsta said:
haha yah, but when i did stats back at unsw, we had to use excel :/ so ive got nfi how to use mini tab ;) otherwise i wouldnt mind in helping you do so

haha cells is indeed boring...like who gives a shit how evolution started
Haha.. ohh i see, do you have any lecture notes or typed up notes for stats when u were at UNSW? the way the stats lecturer explains here is hard to get a grasp of. lol

yea i hate that sub but i cant drop it gotta pass it =.=

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC

if you're finding stats hard, try sneak into the other tutorial classes run by other tutors

when i did it back then, there was a russian lady, filo guy and an asian girl. Dunno if their still teaching but I got through somehow with a 51 :D

Minitab is a bit confusing at first, but after some fiddling around you'll get the hang of it. Have to agree with jemsta though, after first year, the only stats package you need to use is excel.

Unless you want pro-stats :p

krayzie_

HSC

lol, cutting it at 51 is abit close for comfort! haha.. u mean sneak into the other tut classes? they dont take a roll do they.. mmmM.. do u guys know of any stats textbooks that will be able to help?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Haha.. ohh i see, do you have any lecture notes or typed up notes for stats when u were at UNSW? the way the stats lecturer explains here is hard to get a grasp of. lol

yea i hate that sub but i cant drop it gotta pass it =.=
haha i rarely typed up lecture notes for stats, and jigged like half the lectures, but i still studied by butt off when i got home, which is why i ended up with a final mark of 79
yeah some lecturers are dodgy, so my best bet is to ask your tutor for some help and try to do as much questions as you can

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC

Stats is getting worse, the first 3 lectures i could understand, but couldnt do all the work myself. This week's lecture, i was struggling to understand, thus ive got no idea how do it myself.
Minitab is probably the easiest part of stats, all you have to do is put in the commands/numbers and you get the results. Trying to do it by hand is confusing, i keep on forgetting what each part of the equation means or is trying to represent.:confused:

Had to reject a job offer cause it clashed with tuesday's chem lab:mad1:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
lol, cutting it at 51 is abit close for comfort! haha.. u mean sneak into the other tut classes? they dont take a roll do they.. mmmM.. do u guys know of any stats textbooks that will be able to help?
i guess theres no reason why you cant explore other tutorials, just at least its not fully packed, where someone who is actually enrolled in the tute cant find some place to sit
at unsw i used a textbook called intro to the practice of statistics by moore and McCabe

krayzie_

HSC

jemsta said:
i guess theres no reason why you cant explore other tutorials, just at least its not fully packed, where someone who is actually enrolled in the tute cant find some place to sit
at unsw i used a textbook called intro to the practice of statistics by moore and McCabe
Just from the top of your head, do you remember what topics is in the text or even better do you have it? Haha - my demonstrater is the lecturer. Double dose!

Phyuk_Yiu said:
Stats is getting worse, the first 3 lectures i could understand, but couldnt do all the work myself. This week's lecture, i was struggling to understand, thus ive got no idea how do it myself.
Minitab is probably the easiest part of stats, all you have to do is put in the commands/numbers and you get the results. Trying to do it by hand is confusing, i keep on forgetting what each part of the equation means or is trying to represent.:confused:

Had to reject a job offer cause it clashed with tuesday's chem lab:mad1:
Yea its getting ridiculous.. Have you checked out the sample tests? I don't think we are able to use minitab.. All by hand!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Just from the top of your head, do you remember what topics is in the text or even better do you have it? Haha - my demonstrater is the lecturer. Double dose!
ah thats just unlucky i suppose....um i cant remember at the top of my head since i gave the textbook back to my friend, but i remember hypothesis testing is one major part of it

krayzie_

HSC

Sweet, I'll probably go borrow it tomorrow. What edition should I get? Was it clear to understand haha?

Oh sweet we got a chem quiz next week too !

jemsta said:
ah thats just unlucky i suppose....um i cant remember at the top of my head since i gave the textbook back to my friend, but i remember hypothesis testing is one major part of it

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Sweet, I'll probably go borrow it tomorrow. What edition should I get? Was it clear to understand haha?

Oh sweet we got a chem quiz next week too !
im not sure whether its in the library, but its worth checking out
i used the 3rd edition but i remember theres either a 4th or a 5th that came out no long ago
pretty straight forward...found the text to be very useful tbh
and yes chem quiz next week, although i think it shouldnt be that hard
just have to remember solubility rules :)

krayzie_

HSC

jemsta said:
im not sure whether its in the library, but its worth checking out
i used the 3rd edition but i remember theres either a 4th or a 5th that came out no long ago
pretty straight forward...found the text to be very useful tbh
and yes chem quiz next week, although i think it shouldnt be that hard
just have to remember solubility rules :)
Ahh I see - I've just checked it out I might get 4 or 5. Probably go look at the closed reserve ones first then buy a 2nd hand one. LOL, its goin for a hundred at coOp.

Yeaa - solubility rules and gotta write net ionic.. I think we gotta remember the compound formula that was listed in practical 2.. you know the one with the long ass names.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Ahh I see - I've just checked it out I might get 4 or 5. Probably go look at the closed reserve ones first then buy a 2nd hand one. LOL, its goin for a hundred at coOp.

Yeaa - solubility rules and gotta write net ionic.. I think we gotta remember the compound formula that was listed in practical 2.. you know the one with the long ass names.
haha yeah, todays lab wasnt as bad as i thought
haha no corrections, so at least i might be doing something right :D
and yes no med sci lab next week :D

krayzie_

HSC

Oh yea does it gots Probability, random variables continuos etc. *PhREaKing OUt*
Stats is a worry now. LOL

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Oh yea does it gots Probability, random variables continuos etc. *PhREaKing OUt*
Stats is a worry now. LOL
the textbook has probability, random vairiables and i think chi squared test, anova etc
i think all you need is in there

krayzie_

HSC

jemsta said:
the textbook has probability, random vairiables and i think chi squared test, anova etc
i think all you need is in there
Sweet I feel better now. LOL, i keep imagining failing Stats and CGE and having to do it all over again. I would be spewing. sigh we got a stats lab assignment due soon and NO-ONE has told me about it. the lecturer hasn't and the demonstrator which is also the lecturer hasn't lol, maybe his just gonna ask for it on the day.. LOL, today has just been a whinge haha

What day is your chem prac anyway?? Yea jus make sure you know how to do all the postlab n prelab crap from the first two pracs n should be sweet. But I think the people who are still fairly new to chem would be spewing about now..

YES no MedSCI prac next week. happy for that at least. What subs you got for semester two??

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Sweet I feel better now. LOL, i keep imagining failing Stats and CGE and having to do it all over again. I would be spewing. sigh we got a stats lab assignment due soon and NO-ONE has told me about it. the lecturer hasn't and the demonstrator which is also the lecturer hasn't lol, maybe his just gonna ask for it on the day.. LOL, today has just been a whinge haha

What day is your chem prac anyway?? Yea jus make sure you know how to do all the postlab n prelab crap from the first two pracs n should be sweet. But I think the people who are still fairly new to chem would be spewing about now..

YES no MedSCI prac next week. happy for that at least. What subs you got for semester two??
bahaha that would be fucking diasterous man, doing those 2 shitty subjects all over again
whens soon though? if its two weeks, i think thats more than enough
i had mine this afternoon, so its thurs 1pm slottime...how about yours?
you can say im still a newbie...didnt do chem in high school, and only 1 semester during unsw, which i only got 52 hahah , so i know how you feel.

um for next semester, im doing principles of forensic science, physical aspects in nature, chem 2c and med sci 2
i should see you in the latter 2

HSC
N/A

you're all whinging like stats is the end of the world but i taught myself more or less everything in that bloody subject. i can understand the stress over cge but stats is the most piss easy subject ever.

evan and ameh are fucking hawt poledancers who come visit me <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)