Gift Voucher Price - $20 stingy or not stingy! (1 Viewer)

stellina91

HSC
I'm invited to my friend's 18th, I really like him but haven't known him for that long so I don't want to go too overboard. I wanted to get him a $20 voucher to a jean store. Is $20 enough do you reckon? Boys, where do you buy your jeans?

Cheers.

muscleman09

HSC
no. imo minimum $50 is perfect

if i wanted a $20 gift voucher, i'd rather look for one in the gutter than get it as a gift

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
that is pointless you can't get shit for $20 and jeans cost upwards of $100. You are better off getting a group of mates and going in on something together, even if it's only $20 each.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I do $30 for borders (general price of books) and $40-$50 for other stores, depending on who its for

The Ostler

HSC
vouchers are impersonal cop-out gifts.
you'll be like "open the present!" *anticipation* and he'll be like "oh! thanks. oh wow look those guys are doing stuff, ttyl!"
and you'll get married and live happily ever after.

aussie-boy

HSC
$50 are you kidding?

That's a ton of money for a present except for a really good friend - it's like half a uni student's weekly discretionary budget.

I'd say $30-40 max... and I don't think clothes vouchers are a good idea. Get something cool like a cocktail making set, that's sufficiently useful to make price a non-issue to the receiver in judging you.

aussie-boy

HSC
^ asian for sure
If were stereotyping, Asians are the ones likely to spend money on presents

If you guys actually had to work for your money (especially '10 peeps) you would never be able to afford $50 for a present for each of your friends

bio_nut

HSC
Yeah, don't go for a gift voucher, get them something. Riet's idea is good, go in with other people.

$50 is fucking heaps for someone you're not great friends with, you fuckwits. I don't have that money lying around to spend on every random friend's birthday.

wonsta

HSC
lol 20 bucks? come on girl

with that money i cant even feed myself one day geez!

but if you love him that much its good time you show him that
guess havin good night sleep together would be great present for 18th boy

wonsta

HSC
read peoples posts jus now.. guess riets idea seems the best
good luck n remember "protection"

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
If you guys actually had to work for your money (especially '10 peeps) you would never be able to afford $50 for a present for each of your friends
wait what

people who work are less likely to have the money to spend on presents for friends?? wtf are you talking about

EDIT: oh i see the point you were trying to make. i won't edit original post coz cbf.

PH011

HSC
$20 is a family meal deal from mcdonalds
that's heaps:uhoh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)