Given up hope of 90 UAI, anyone? (1 Viewer)

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
Re: 回覆: Re: 回覆: Re: Given up hope of 90 UAI, anyone?

babikakez said:
Remember that UAI and TER ranks are of the same value. So a 70 UAI is the same as a 70 TER.
hmmm is that really the case? cos i heard all entrance ranks are calculated differently and now i'm uber confused.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A

carrots please! said:
hmmm is that really the case? cos i heard all entrance ranks are calculated differently and now i'm uber confused.
Essentially they are the same, no need to go into details oaout calculations.

If I got over 90 I would be welcome in a course requiring a 90 UAI.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A

babikakez said:
I'm from Perth as well, so I could perhaps help as well.

As for cutoffs, it really does depend on what uni you want. If you want UWA, then the same standards as UNSW/USyd apply. (perhaps slightly less, but only marginally)

If you want Murdoch/Curtin, then it won't be hard really. Only problem is that the cutoffs tend to fluctuate i.e. Public Policy and Management at Murcoch went from 62-86 in one year. Seriously.

If you want ECU, just walk in. Its pretty much SuperTafe, except for WAAPA (Academy of Performing Arts)

Remember that UAI and TER ranks are of the same value. So a 70 UAI is the same as a 70 TER.

Notre Dame, is more based on who you are and your interest in the course then your TER/UAI.

If you want any more details, PM me. Otherwise, studentleader should prove helpful.
She knows what shes talking about,

The thing is that there aren't any rare courses that NSW/Vic may have here, in example Acturial Sciences are only starting up in Curtin.

If your doing a course like Engineering your fine though, aim for UWA though Curtin isn't that bad, apparently it is more applicable the UWA which is all theory.

If you are looking at a social science/english subject your best bet is Murdoch/Curtin if UWA do not offer it.

studymon

Happy Member
HSC
personally, i thought i'd get my uai in the 80s range also...but after i saw my actual uai, i must say that you will never know what you get in the end ...
so keep your hopes high, and always remember to always aim high not low..

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
risole91 said:
Solid study is hard, i dont believe 90 is easy.

Im sorry, but theres factors, like our schools ect.

At my school above 90 is considered amazing.

2007 dux 80.05
Ha, oh no...

Shoubadoo

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
that's no way to look at things..

so it's hard to get over 90.
And you've realized you're going to have to really lift your game to get it.
So how about instead of lowering the bar to meet your current performance, you raise your game to where the bar is set!

Did Edison think 'Light bulbs are hard to make, I'll just pick up a trade' when trying to design the light bulb?

Did David Beckam think 'Bending is hard, I'll just kick straight' when trying to bend it (like beckam)?

Did Martin Luther King think 'Public speaking is hard, I'll keep this to myself' when he had a dream?

NO!!
They accepted that it wouldn't be easy but they stuck through. And look where they are now..
...Well Martin was murdered.
But he still fought for what he believed in and changed the world :)

Aside from that, my UAI aim is 85+
I'm going to have to lift up my game a little bit more if I want to achieve that.
:)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Shoubadoo said:
...Well Martin was murdered.
But his legend lives on.

ps. He wasn't really murdered, it was all a set up by the chinese intellegence.

Aside from that, my UAI aim is 85+
I'm going to have to lift up my game a little bit more if I want to achieve that.
:)
ditto

SiN3m

HSC
yep...my aim went from 97 to 95 to 90 to 85 currently between 80-85...given up hope BUT i'm determined to try and succeed!

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
Nasonex said:
Who here besides me has all but given up hope of getting a 90 UAI. After my 1st and 2nd assessments, im going to aim for 85

Share your thoughts..:(
That means you HAVEN'T given up. Don't use expressions in the wrong context, it can really make you sound stupid.

Last edited:
HSC

carrots please! said:
OP from Queensland is calculated differently, otherwise all cutoffs are considered on the same scale (except that some states don't have a 100 rank, i.e. 99.95 is the highest you can achieve).
As far as I am aware, the reason why ranks (in the form of UAI/TER/ENTER) are awarded is so that students can be considered for interstate unis if they choose so.

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
To Nasonex and all the other people who are worried about their UAIs...don't worry and don't take your raw marks into an account (in my case, my avg marks in 2u maths assessments were in low 60s and was ranked in the middle but i managed to get 81 for hsc mark...and i studied at public school which wasn't ranked high at the time). don't spend so much time thinking about it, spend that time on studying. just do your best and that's really all it matters.
i know how you guys feel because when i started hsc i didn't even think that i can get 70uai. so yeah, don't stress too much! and even if you do get 'bad' uai, there's SO many ways to get into the course you want.
keep the hope alive! :)

Road Runner

HSC
misericordia said:
To Nasonex and all the other people who are worried about their UAIs...don't worry and don't take your raw marks into an account (in my case, my avg marks in 2u maths assessments were in low 60s and was ranked in the middle but i managed to get 81 for hsc mark...and i studied at public school which wasn't ranked high at the time). don't spend so much time thinking about it, spend that time on studying. just do your best and that's really all it matters.
i know how you guys feel because when i started hsc i didn't even think that i can get 70uai. so yeah, don't stress too much! and even if you do get 'bad' uai, there's SO many ways to get into the course you want.
keep the hope alive! :)
what results did you get for your subjects in the HSC 07?

WannaBang?

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Also, a lot of people think getting a band 6 is getting >90 in the externals. Not true. 2 unit maths for example, you don't need a 90 to get a band 6 at all.
What do you need to get a band 6 for 2 unit?

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
well i dont think you should drop off you know i aimed for 60uai in 2007 and first exam 2nd exam halfyearlys i alreadi gave up i thought i was gonna get a uai of 40 listening to wrong poeple(fck shitty ext history teacher) and i actually got 58 well i got Nawarded in the end by that ext history teacher though my marks on that calcualted was like 58....i was like wtfffff i gave up alreadi didnt study half the year and half study the other and got 58....LOL. so here i am repeating aiming for 85.

though 2 answer your question keep going at it bro farr you will know after hsc and you get your marks you would be like dam man i could of done better....

Santy

HSC
:p i absolutely agree! yes! NEVER give up. actually... to tell you the truth, i was aiming for a UAI of about 90 before i started year 12. Now, as a result of my motivation, dedication and ability to consistently achieve good grades... i am aiming for a 95+ UAI. I want to be a doctor and i believe that motivation and self-determination is the key to all successes.

keep working at mathematics 2U and seek help each time you feel you do not grasp a concept as well as you wish.

remember : "only the educated are free"

Good luck to all doing hsc (and believe in your capabilities ^^^^ keep aiming for that 85% UAI hun) :read:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
Band 6 = 90+ (not raw, scaled)
Are you saying that Band 6 = 90+ as a scaled mark?

I don't think so. Isn't the Band 6 = 90+ as an aligned mark?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Same shit differnt smell, basically it's not raw mark.

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hey roadrunner
my hsc results were :
(Subject/Examination mark/Asesessment mark/HSC mark)
Biology/85/83/84
Business Studies/91/83/87
Std. English/84/84/84
2Unit Maths/81/82/82
Visual Arts/91/92/91

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)