• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

God told me to invade, says Bush (1 Viewer)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
sticking you up a camels arse, attaching some explosives to it and then sending it racing into a crowd of terrorists.
Do you have any real answers or are you just a professional idiot? But really I never thought you supported terrorism.

But anyways here is your chance to prove you are not an idiot. What exactly is success in Iraq? I'd like to know what the aim is.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Rorix said:
It's ridiculous how many people on the site [and elsewhere] are carrying a personal vendetta against the President himself, rather than the policies and political actions of the President.

e.g. "Bush-isms", the pretzel incident, this etc.
Excactly.

I think it should be clear that it just didn't happen on one random day Bush got some voices in his head to invade Iraq.

I think that because of his deep devotion to religion, he means that he thought as a individual that God wanted him to do this. Not literally that he got voices in his head. If he did literally get voices in his head, it wouldn't matter that much anyway.

Some religious people will say "I became a Doctor because God wanted me to". Now we don't just conclude they are crazy,we just gather they are religious.

US foreign policy has a record of interventing and invaded countries in some overt or covert form. The US government had its eyes on Iraq for a long time, it was inevitable that they would try to topple Saddam and replace it with a pro US government that would be more reliable.

Bush is just a figure head for the Neo Conservative movement which wishes to return in foreign policy to the times like Vietnam war, were they can use overt power to influence the world.

Attacking Bush as a moron is just childish and comical and lacks any analysis.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
Bush is just a figure head for the Neo Conservative movement which wishes to return in foreign policy to the times like Vietnam war, were they can use overt power to influence the world.
Comrade nathan said:
You tell us that President Bush is being manipulated and controlled by the neoconservatives, then you tell us he's not just a moronic puppet? If he's being controlled, wouldn't that therefore mean that he's the simple one who everyone looks and screams at whilst the real powerbrokers hide away in the shadows?

I wonder how people would react if John Howard came out tommorrow and said "God told me to introduce the GST, go to war in Iraq with his first lieutenant Bush, forgo changes to petrol excise, and to keep pulling Peter's hair cause he looks so funny when he's mad."

I_F

Jiga

No. I agree that attacking him based on UAS's policies is dumb, because he is just a figurehead, but the man himself is nothing more than a country bumpkin. As a figurehead, he should have VERY good public speaking skills, and he should at the very least be literate...both of which he isnt.

His statement at the end of his god crap is really funny, saying 'by god im going to do it' is blasphemous, yet this man had god talk to him!?!?! :rolleyes:

Simply put, he is a total dumb shyte - he earns loads of money to speak and he cant even do that!

Last edited by a moderator:

gerhard

HSC
What? No. You are completely and utterly wrong.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
withoutaface said:
Economically communist.
Hasn't the situation in Iraq, enabled a number of US-based private companies to gain lucrative reconstruction, infrastructure etc deals though?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Hasn't the situation in Iraq, enabled a number of US-based private companies to gain lucrative reconstruction, infrastructure etc deals though?

Yes, but President Bush has presided over an enormous increase in Federal spending, pledged to do 'whatever it takes' to rebuild New Orleans, and has refused to veto any Bills, the first President to do that since the 1870's, I think. Economically, he's been pretty liberal with the national purse strings.

I_F

Comrade nathan

HSC
You tell us that President Bush is being manipulated and controlled by the neoconservatives, then you tell us he's not just a moronic puppet?
I never said he is being manipulated, i just said he is the figure head of neo conservatives.

I also said to attack bush as a moron is childish.

My point which you missed, is that it is pointless to attack Bush, because it lacks real analysis of the situation.

Last edited:

Rorix

HSC
insert-username said:
You tell us that President Bush is being manipulated and controlled by the neoconservatives, then you tell us he's not just a moronic puppet? If he's being controlled, wouldn't that therefore mean that he's the simple one who everyone looks and screams at whilst the real powerbrokers hide away in the shadows?

I_F
They're different things, in that Comrade was arguing implicitly against policy, and the sources behind the policy (allegedly) which was contrasted with an unsubstantiated schoolyard personal insult.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
lol yeah i read this elsewhere i laughed when he said that he is on first name terms with god

jesus is my homeboy
No he's not, you filthy coloured.

arooshika...

HSC
is it me or does Bush sound like the new Joan of Arc?
Quote:
God told me to invade, says Bush

US PRESIDENT George Bush has said that he was instructed by God to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, according to a new BBC series.

The claim comes from the first meeting between the US leader, the Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas (also known as Abu Mazen), and his then foreign minister in June 2003.

The ministers say that Mr Bush also revealed to them that he had been told by God to create a Palestinian state.

Former Palestinian foreign minister Nabil Shaath, now the Information Minister, describes the meeting with the US leader, in the BBC2 program, Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs.

He says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God'.

"God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq . . .' And I did.

"And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'.

"And by God I'm gonna do it."
its just like when my cousin told me 10 years back that god came into his dreams and told him his name is now Johnny

Last edited:

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
lil_dudette said:
its just like when my cousin told me 10 years back that god came into his dreams and told him his name is now Johnny
hmm...yes. You punjabis certainly operate on a greater spiritual dimension.

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
what a frekin loser!!

what kind of god does he worship???

"God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq . . .' And I did.

so much for peace!!!!
"solve the wrong by doing more wrong" is that the messege from his god??
freakin idiot.....what does he take the ppl of the world to be? stupid?
who would believe such shit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)