• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

God told me to invade, says Bush (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
is it me or does Bush sound like the new Joan of Arc?
God told me to invade, says Bush

US PRESIDENT George Bush has said that he was instructed by God to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, according to a new BBC series.

The claim comes from the first meeting between the US leader, the Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas (also known as Abu Mazen), and his then foreign minister in June 2003.

The ministers say that Mr Bush also revealed to them that he had been told by God to create a Palestinian state.

Former Palestinian foreign minister Nabil Shaath, now the Information Minister, describes the meeting with the US leader, in the BBC2 program, Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs.

He says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God'.

"God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq . . .' And I did.

"And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'.

"And by God I'm gonna do it."

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Frigid said:
"God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq . . .'
This is what happens when he writes his own speeches.

P

pLuvia

There's also those ancient greeks who followed their gods orders

But seriously that's just really stupid, he's said that in like many of his speeches I think

supercharged

HSC
N/A
How does he know that it was god telling him? It could of been the devil, Dick Cheney, Rumsfield or Mrs Bush whispering to him.....

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I wish god would talk to me :rolleyes: It's amazing how God gives him advice that fits his socio/political agenda so neaty. I suppose God, didn't say anything about helping AIDs in Africa. What God would care about that?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
I must have made a mistake thinking that the US government ruled according to the will of the people. You know, democracy and all?

He's either a liar or a loon.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
What happens if those voices in George W Bush's head start telling him to nuclear bomb Australia? GASP! GOD TOLD ME TO!!!!! BOMBS AWAY!

walrusbear

HSC
what a complete farce

that guy is far too powerful :p

lara_austin

HSC
The fourth crusades were "Gods work" and look what happened. Bush should just stop trying to be God and just let the man do it for himself, besides 'if you want something done well, do it youself'

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Time for a forced 'regime change' in America to purge this Bush madman and his lunatic pro-war clergy from power :p

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
kangaroo said:
Bush has made so many many mistakes with his decisions and continues to do so, but I still believe he has a heart, and thus hopefully soon he can be the man that stopped this war.
Their policy is to get out as soon as freaking possible. They're not just hanging around for the fireworks. Simply 'stopping the war' and pulling out before Iraq is 'stable', in any acceptable sense, would have more cons than pros - for all involved.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Given the inherit instability of Iraq's clashing tribal interests, it will be interesting to see if a 'stable government' can be formed without Iraq turning into another Saddamist dictatorship.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
supercharged said:
Given the inherit instability of Iraq's clashing tribal interests, it will be interesting to see if a 'stable government' can be formed without Iraq turning into another Saddamist dictatorship.
Iraq is something the Brits drew up on a napkin. It doesnt really exist. Partitioning India (Pakistan and Bangladesh) almost worked, but I guess the Kurds, Shi'ites and Sunnies all want a slice of the oil wealth. They also would have to worry about Iran and Turkey mucking about with ethnic/religous groups.
A dictator would need a powerbase and established authority, which they dont have without America or a united/fearful defence force.
Anyway, I assume that a pro-american benevolent dictator 'working on freedom' would just stimulate the civil war, backed by Iran.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
*reads speech*

*wonders if it's a joke page*

*realises who was making said speech*

so, it's not a joke, after all. but damn, snow pea is right. skewer him. skewer him good.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Argonaut said:
Of course he should be the one to stop it! He bloody well started the damn thing and got everyone into this mess so he should be the one to stop it and get everyone out. I'm not going around and cleaning up after Presidents who crap on other countries and expect someone else to look after it.
It's a fact that the US are in Iraq. The reasons for getting there are irrelevant. The fact is that there is no easy way out. Are you suggesting any?

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
SPG (satan playing God): "Georgie, Georgie... it's me! Listen to me!"

Bush: "Who's me? Are you my conscience?"

SPG: "Are you kidding? Don't give yourself so much credit!"

Bush: "Um, okay. Who are you? I'm not so familiar with your voice... you know there are so many up there in my head!"

SPG: "I know. You're a very confused man. But no worries, 'coz I'm God! You know, your bestest bud in the whole world? [although your rather close relationship with Australia's PM does make me a tad jealous] Yes, i'm G-O-D. Trrrusst me. You're only not familiar with my voice because you NEVER LISTEN. Listen, you damned fool!

Bush: Ooo, I'm sorry God! What do you want to tell me, Lord? I'm all ears.

SPG: Good. All ears, no brains, you're the perfect impressionable vict- i mean, victor! Anyway, Georgie, I have a mission for you!

Bush: erhm, can i have control over killing stuff and blowing things up in this mission?

SPG: Absolutely! I want you to. For starters, I want you to destroy these places (lists them)

Bush: Are you sure that's a good idea?

SPG: Really, I must warn you George before you hurt yourself, DON'T ATTEMPT TO THINK. Or ask questions. Under any circumstances. Don't read either, unless you want to make things hard for yourself. Remember what you learnt in school: thinking + reading = confusion! You just need to remember one word from our conversation: DO. You will DO what i tell you! Besides, you know you want to *wink, nudge*

Bush: "Conf... arghk! No i can't handle that! *starts shaking uncontrollably* I will listen to you and obey you, O Voice of God, unquestioningly."

[SPG to his evil angels - "that was too easy!"]

SPG: "Oh Georgie, you are a most faithful servant. And besides, this is a win-win scenario! You get to go on a power trip, and so many problems would be solved for us all. Ehrm... well some problems, anyway. Okay, no problems will be solved. But it's not about that. Remember, the consequences are in my hands! You just do what you're told and I'll take care of the rest!"

Bush: "Okay God! I'll DO what you want!

^ i went on a tangent :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)