Good Cars in 50k-70k range (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Aston Martins are notoriously unreliable and I still want one. Case and point, car purchase is more than just logical reasoning, if it were that we'd all be driving VW Golfs. There's more than just performance/reliability.
It's all about finding a balance between the different needs.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
It's all about finding a balance between the different needs.
You're right of course but if an Aston Martin breaks down, its just as well because it means you'll have more time looking at it :)

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
after reading posts on many alfa forums, the reputation comes from this

the reason why a lot of alfas were unreliable and broken, is not because of the build quality itself, rather it was built to be broken, in a sense. when trying to make their car's more exciting, they asked themselves, how can we make them seem faster? ok lets build the chassis in a way so that the car will wobble and shake more than if we built a very strong one. as a result, many of the reliability/quality issues result from the way they designed the car.

that being said, alfa realized the problem, and the 147, 156, 159, mito, spider, brera, GT, GTAs all have reinforced chassis.

the ones that break down, tend to be the older GTVs, old spiders, 155s, 146s etc etc

srsly, the spider looks the best, and the newer alfas are as reliable as other makes.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Only time will tell and until then, Alfa's will continue to suffer their crap rep. If the current Alfa's survive to the next decade I may believe you. Just like the way Toyota is squandering their previously good reputation - I'm just waiting on the rest of the world to see current Toyotas for what they are. Crap.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Having lived with an unreliable car (all of our Protons) I know what it's like to go to the car and not know what to expect. Sometimes the alarm doesn't turn off. Sometimes electric window decides to not work. Sometimes you can't turn air cond down. Sometimes can't turn headlights on. Sometimes even with headlights on, the interior light on the buttons in the dash won't work.

Alfa can't be that bad but if it's anything like this... well..

On another note though, my Dad's friend has an Alfa and a few years down the line the costs of maintenance and repairs build up very quickly.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
My old VR6 Jetta used to be like that, loved it to bits :)

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
reason being, parts are all imported from italy, and alfas are notoriously hard to work on, and a lot of workshops refuse to do alfas

however, if you supply the parts yourself, order online from germany, its much cheaper...

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
reason being, parts are all imported from italy, and alfas are notoriously hard to work on, and a lot of workshops refuse to do alfas

however, if you supply the parts yourself, order online from germany, its much cheaper...
Problem is that many enthusiasts just buy another car they like just as much but much less of a maintenance hassle.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Sometimes the alarm doesn't turn off.
oh man, sitting in traffic, you stall, go to restart and the alarm goes off
awesome

the best (worst) I've had was a friends 89 camry, all of a sudden one night he'd engage reverse but it wouldn't move. Came to pick me up and drive me to a friends house, hadn't been there before so he made one of the passengers scout out a road to make sure he didn't have to do a 3 point turn to get out of there.

being 18 years old at the time we said he'd be fine every single time when he only managed to get through the first street he asked us to check over. being 18 we also didn't realise that we'd have to push the car. so worth it though

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I think it adds charm... and brings lots and lots of memories :)
hahahahahahah so good
another car had to be started with a coathanger - key in the ignition, then pop the hood and use the hanger to complete the relay for the starter motor

one night we got rushed by 5 cops, it was the most awkward thing ever. had to sit on the kerb while they checked the rego, if it was stolen, and even rang his dad to find out if he was telling the truth.
at the end of the it all they were like "oh lol" and got back in their patrol cars. we tried to start it (With the hanger ofc) and we turn around to see them all laughing at us.

good times

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
one night we got rushed by 5 cops, it was the most awkward thing ever. had to sit on the kerb while they checked the rego, if it was stolen, and even rang his dad to find out if he was telling the truth.
at the end of the it all they were like "oh lol" and got back in their patrol cars. we tried to start it (With the hanger ofc) and we turn around to see them all laughing at us.
I lol'd :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)