Good Cars in 50k-70k range (1 Viewer)

the_big_fella

HSC
first of all, insurance, european cars for a person under 25, wtf do you think thats gonna be like, even if you do just get listed as a driver and its on the forms that its your parent's car, its gonna cost you shitloads, but seeing as your budget is 50 to 70 thou i think thats the least of your worries. second, any copper working for the NSW police force is going to see your shiny new euro import with p plates on it and most likely pull you over

the_big_fella

HSC
t's all i'm sayin, as for a car, well, Mini Cooper JCW, nice little car, good power to weight

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Isn't JCW based on the MCS which is turbo (i.e. not P Plater friendly?)

If it were me, I'd be looking at the BMW 320i (or 323i depending on options) in coupe (looks hot; but sedan is cheaper and more practical) or the 125i (which is pretty fast for an N/A car which is P Plater friendly).

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd go a 125i with the M-Sport package :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
They're surprisingly quick. My mate was tossing up between that and the Evo X which were both roughly the same price before discounting for him (135i hadn't dropped in price yet) and after trying them both back to back, the 125i was the better choice for both him and the missus. The Evo lacks a lot of features you'd take for granted like height adjustable seats and definitely loses out in techno features compared to the Bimmer. I love the iDrive and touch buttons for the satnav/Bluetooth!

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I find any Evo way too stiff legged for a daily commute especially if your route travels through some crappy roads.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I find any Evo way too stiff legged for a daily commute especially if your route travels through some crappy roads.
The X isn't too stiff IMO. On some bumpy roads it's a bit harsh but nothing a young strong fella like yourself can't handle. Besides, it also goes well on grass.

How can you guys afford a $70K car...??

SRSLY TELL ME

WORK HARD.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
How can you guys afford a $70K car...??

SRSLY TELL ME
I can't, but I will. My current car is only half that. ;)

The X isn't too stiff IMO. On some bumpy roads it's a bit harsh but nothing a young strong fella like yourself can't handle. Besides, it also goes well on grass.
I drive through Blacktown everyday haha...That and I find the Evo's interior a little low rent for a 70k ride.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I can't, but I will. My current car is only half that. ;)

I drive through Blacktown everyday haha...That and I find the Evo's interior a little low rent for a 70k ride.
Noone buys an Evo for the interior. That being said it's a huge step up over prior models and the STI which just look crap. I still LOL that the heated leather Recaros with CF cost $10k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)