• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Good RPG's? (1 Viewer)

niloony

HSC
Fallout 3 is for sissy RPG players

Real manly men play Dragon Age Origins or Baulders gate....actually check out any bioware RPG

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
shishkebab is the funnest weapon in the game

that, and the power fist

and i reckon its an awesome game, its easy to get into and addicted

Last edited:

HalcyonSky

HSC
Fallout 3 is for sissy RPG players

Real manly men play Dragon Age Origins or Baulders gate....actually check out any bioware RPG

ok so dragon age origins is the best rpg ive played in a long time
got it 2 days ago after googling it and reading reviews after seeing you mention it

seems to have ALOT of content to get through

and on the hard / nightmare difficulties some encounters are actually genuinely challenging, which is something i havnt seen in a game for ages

Uncle

Banned
HSC
i got into a password protected multiplayer game the other day.

you dont need +32 intelligence to do it like other exaggerated abilities portrayed in a shit role play game.

LordPc

HSC
just got dragon age. so far it seems extremely solid on all fronts, it even looks to be replayable multiple times. very funny too

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
From playing Borderlands (fps/rpg), and already being a big fan of the Pokemon series, i think it's time i get into RPG's.

I'll be getting Fable, Fallout 3, and maybe Oblivion off a friend.
Looking forward to Fable and Fallout 3.

What are some good RPG's for pc?
What are your favourites, and why do you like them?
The best RPG's I have ever played are:

System Shock 2
Dues Ex 1
Fallout 1 & 2 (Fallout 3 is a laugh compared to these two)
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2
Planescape: Torment
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
NWN2: MotB
Diablo 2
KOTOR1
Divine Divinity
Freedom Force

Some others escape me at the moment.

Please note that Oblivion is horrible (even for those who liked Fallout 3). I specifically unrecommend it.

Some good tactical squad-based RPG hybrids are:
Fallout: Tactics
Jagged Alliance 2

A good RPG/RTS hybrid is:
Spellforce 1 & 2

Any RPG by Black Isle, Obsidian, or Bioware is usually safe bet for a great game.

Gold Lion

HSC
You haven't played Fable yet???
BEST.GAME.EVER.

Except it is WAY too short.

world of warcraft, peroid.

FUCKING LOL

I got that game for my birthday. I've played it for a month and I fucking hate it. Everyone warned me I'd get addicted and shit but all it's done is add to my anger problems

Every time I play I die at least 4 times D:

HSC
Uni Grad
I hate wows lack of direction, I was just wtfing for a few hours then just exited it and decided to never play that shit again. Maybe it would be alright if I got it explained to me and knew how to play but there is much better shit around imo.

Gold Lion

HSC
I hate wows lack of direction, I was just wtfing for a few hours then just exited it and decided to never play that shit again. Maybe it would be alright if I got it explained to me and knew how to play but there is much better shit around imo.
same :'(

Instead, my sisters have to put up with me constantly shouting from my room

"STOPPPPPPP KILLIN ME!!!"
"NO NO FUCKING NO"
"OMG WTF BBQ"

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
The best RPG's I have ever played are:

System Shock 2
Dues Ex 1
Fallout 1 & 2 (Fallout 3 is a laugh compared to these two)
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2
Planescape: Torment
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
NWN2: MotB
Diablo 2
KOTOR1
Divine Divinity
Freedom Force

Some others escape me at the moment.

Please note that Oblivion is horrible (even for those who liked Fallout 3). I specifically unrecommend it.

Some good tactical squad-based RPG hybrids are:
Fallout: Tactics
Jagged Alliance 2

A good RPG/RTS hybrid is:
Spellforce 1 & 2

Any RPG by Black Isle, Obsidian, or Bioware is usually safe bet for a great game.
this man knows

borderlands is really fucking good especially if you like diablo, or anything involving loot

stay away from anything japanese unless you're being nostalgic, they're all soppy and really gay

also anything by bethesda, i dunno they just seem really really overrated to me. the original fallout games are my favourite games of all time but 3 got to be a real drag after a while

Last edited:

HalcyonSky

HSC
yea fallout 3 was a let down, it took me about a day to finish the main storyline and after that i had no urge to play it again for all the sidequests, no replayability at all

after having played dragon age origins for some 50 or so hours im thoroughly impressed. It's not something you can steamroll through in a day, some of the encounters are fuck off hard and take plenty of planning and reloads to actually beat.. and after i finish the game on my main, i feel i could play the game through several times more with different classes

best single player game ive ever played

2nd best rpg ive played, it only loses out to diablo 2 for me (before all the botting and duping and when i still got a buzz playing it, its a ruined game now)

HalcyonSky

HSC
yea fallout 3 was a let down, it took me about a day to finish the main storyline and after that i had no urge to play it again for all the sidequests, no replayability at all

after having played dragon age origins for some 50 or so hours im thoroughly impressed. It's not something you can steamroll through in a day, some of the encounters are fuck off hard and take plenty of planning and reloads to actually beat.. and after i finish the game on my main, i feel i could play the game through several times more with different classes

best single player game ive ever played

2nd best rpg ive played, it only loses out to diablo 2 for me (before all the botting and duping and when i still got a buzz playing it, its a ruined game now)
however the game does currently have an unpatched memory leak and it can get extremely choppy with high load times requiring a restart of the game every now and then

im sure theres a fix around somewhere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)