Got a question about cars? (1 Viewer)

Zozo6969

HSC
ive herd u cant start your car with headlights on because it short circuits or something?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Ok zozo;

Downchanges:

What you described is bad for the: clutch, gears themselves, syncomesh, engine and drivetrain generally.

Basically if you can feel an underbrakes downchange then you did it wrong. You should either not change down until wheel speed is suitable (eg soming up to traffic lights) or you should rev-match by heel-toeing (eg whilst cornering).

The message: You have brakes for a reason use them - gears are for accelerating not braking. (only exceptions being cases of brake failure and steep winding descents).

Headlights:

Cars do not short circuit if you start them with the headlights on.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
love engine braking

then again, i dont give a crap about my car

Zozo6969

HSC
loquasagacious said:
Ok zozo;

Downchanges:

What you described is bad for the: clutch, gears themselves, syncomesh, engine and drivetrain generally.

Basically if you can feel an underbrakes downchange then you did it wrong. You should either not change down until wheel speed is suitable (eg soming up to traffic lights) or you should rev-match by heel-toeing (eg whilst cornering).

The message: You have brakes for a reason use them - gears are for accelerating not braking. (only exceptions being cases of brake failure and steep winding descents).
That's what I thought, but people say nah it does jack shit, but you can feel it fucking up something. But I definitely know starting with your lights on fucks something up, or potentially fucks it, dunno what but.

CieL

HSC
Zozo6969 said:
I definitely know starting with your lights on fucks something up, or potentially fucks it, dunno what but.
or do you mean leaving your headlights on overnight.. then you cant start your car?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)