Group Study (1 Viewer)

HSC
If everyone is motivated and you're willing to share ideas/notes etc then its fine. Its when you get into plagiarism then that's bad.

HSC
Uni Grad
usually nay, since I'm a very talkative person and then I get nothing done in the end, same with the others :L

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Happened at my school last year.....a few girls got pregnant.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
The last time I formed a study group, I had a few humans sit next to me in the library. They were annoying me, so I ate them.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Self directed learning pays dividends. So, nay to group study.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
With the right people it works. A few of my friends and I have started a study group for Modern and Ancient History this year, and is definitely beneficial. Allows us to informally go through definitions, essays, important points, quotes, arguments, source analysis skills in a pretty lax environment - no nagging teachers. However, there was an attempt to create one for English which failed after 5 minutes.

Usually it depends on the individual to how effective group study can be in terms of learning and revising. For some group study is vital to remember content via the means of discussion, verbal and aural learning. However, for many people it becomes a bit of a social. If you have the right type of people involved study groups can be quite successful, if you all have the same aims, ideas and goals of the group.

Best advice, try it out, see how effective it is. If you find you're not gaining as much as you would via private study, then opt for a private method of study. If it works, then utilise a group study method in conjunction with private study to maximise revision for the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)