• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hair Straighteners (1 Viewer)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
pfft. i go to efforts to CURL my hair. i LOVE gorgeous bouncy, spiral curls. so cute. my hair is long and thick and only very slightly wavy so it takes a very long time.

rumour

HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
well i got mine from taiwan, it's top quality and only around AUD$12 :p you can also have a look in japanese salons in sydney
They have Japanese salons in Sydney?
Where?

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
rumour said:
They have Japanese salons in Sydney?
Where?
okay here are a few i've heard of:

HANAVIE 105A Clarence st, Sydney (02)9262-1470

BLU at Kings Cross (near Hungry Jacks)

THE PLANET (I think it's called) in Neutral Bay

(sorry if any of the info is incorrect)

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
well i got mine from taiwan, it's top quality and only around AUD$12 :p you can also have a look in japanese salons in sydney

gloria_b: how about getting a ceramic straightener? or some straightening cream? (the kind you leave in your hair for 20 mins then wash out)
those Japanese straightening cream really work? o_O

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I only have a couple of hair products, mainly anti-friz stuff. I have andrew colinge straightening balm and some loreal stuff that the hairdresser uses. Whenever i got to the hairdresser i come out with shiny smooth hair and all she uses is the shampoo and the product i now own. But whenever i wash my hair, apply product and blow-dry...well it looks nothing like it. any suggestion of product?

And about how long does it take to staighten hair? It takes me ages with blowdryer and annoys me so much i dont really bother anymore.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
lourai*87 said:
I only have a couple of hair products, mainly anti-friz stuff. I have andrew colinge straightening balm and some loreal stuff that the hairdresser uses. Whenever i got to the hairdresser i come out with shiny smooth hair and all she uses is the shampoo and the product i now own. But whenever i wash my hair, apply product and blow-dry...well it looks nothing like it. any suggestion of product?

And about how long does it take to staighten hair? It takes me ages with blowdryer and annoys me so much i dont really bother anymore.
i always walk out of the hairdresser's with incredibly hot hair...but when i go home and wash/blowdry it myself it turns back to normal :( i think it's their blowdrying technique. you know how they take aaaaages to blowdry every little strand of hair, on the inside, the outside, on the ends and roots?

try a ceramic straightener. it doesn't take more than 20 mins to use.

C

CaR

can somebody tell me what the difference between a ceramic and a metal hair straightener? I bought a metal hair straightener a while ago and my friends suggesting the ceramic ones.

Another Q, does anyone know the price for a decent hair curler? I saw one on sale at david jones for $25 but I wasn't sure if it was good or not.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
meloncollie-20 mins to straighten your hair?? well you're lucky, i blowdryed then went over mine w/a straightener last night and it took like 2.5 hrs to get it completely straight

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
glycerine said:
meloncollie-20 mins to straighten your hair?? well you're lucky, i blowdryed then went over mine w/a straightener last night and it took like 2.5 hrs to get it completely straight
yeah, my hair is naturally very very straight :p technically i only need to wash then blowdry it

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
CaR said:
can somebody tell me what the difference between a ceramic and a metal hair straightener? I bought a metal hair straightener a while ago and my friends suggesting the ceramic ones.

Another Q, does anyone know the price for a decent hair curler? I saw one on sale at david jones for $25 but I wasn't sure if it was good or not.
ceramic is meant to be better for your hair, but they virtually have the same effect in doing their job

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
glycerine said:
get a remington wet 2 straight, it means u dont hav to blowdry, u straighten ur hair wet

chesseANDbacon

HSC
twisted_emily said:
get a remington wet 2 straight, it means u dont hav to blowdry, u straighten ur hair wet
yeh i got one. it goes to like 200'c and its really good actually- heats up really quickly. I got mine for my bday from a relative but i think theyre around $120?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
twisted_emily said:
tried that, my hair looks like straw afterwards

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
for those interested, the remington slimline ceramic is on sale at myer and some other places for less that $40 and it's really good.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
glycerine said:
tried that, my hair looks like straw afterwards
u need to put some sort of protectant on your hair before you style it, a heat sealer or something

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
please go into the hair products thread and read my list, i have approx 4 million hair products, including 2 heat protectants/treatments :p the straightener doesn't. work. on. my. hair. :)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
steph@nie said:
for those interested, the remington slimline ceramic is on sale at myer and some other places for less that $40 and it's really good.
i'll second that..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)