Hamas Prepares Holy War, Kills 7 Palestinians (1 Viewer)

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Hamas claims responsibility for deadly blast in Gaza house

By The Associated Press

Hamas on Friday claimed responsibility for an explosion a day earlier in a house in northern Gaza that killed seven Palestinians, one of them an infant girl.

An announcement Friday on the official Web site of Hamas' military wing says the group's martyrs died while putting the final touches on a plan to carry out a special holy war mission.

Five militants were among those who died in the explosion that flattened the house Thursday.

Immediately after the blast, Hamas blamed Israel, and militants in Gaza launched a barrage of rockets and mortar shells at the western Negev in apparent response. But Israel denied involvement and said explosion was caused while militants were making bombs.

The militant group later suggested the explosion was accidental. Friday's
statement was the first explicit acknowledgment that the blast was caused by explosives in the house.

Hamas has controlled Gaza for one year and its militants regularly clash with Israel Defense Forces troops.
Source: http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/992596.html

Where is the international outrage? A young girl dies, and nobody cries...

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Did anyone see the documentary on SBS called "Inside Hamas" ?

Prisoners are encouraged to memorise the Koran through insentives such as 2 months off their sentence per chapter memorised or a year off for 5 chapters.

Makes you pity the few Christian prisoners as I doubt they're given the same incentive for the Bible.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
JaredR said:
Did anyone see the documentary on SBS called "Inside Hamas" ?

Prisoners are encouraged to memorise the Koran through insentives such as 2 months off their sentence per chapter memorised or a year off for 5 chapters.

Makes you pity the few Christian prisoners as I doubt they're given the same incentive for the Bible.
Whats wrong with memorising the Quran? You can put it on your resume.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Get fucked Jared. 'Where is the international outrage? A young girl dies, and nobody cries...' Now you know of the shit that Israel dishes out to Palestine.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Yes Hamas are scums. and Israel is a victim

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/nov/24/israel

An Israeli army officer who repeatedly shot a 13-year-old Palestinian girl in Gaza dismissed a warning from another soldier that she was a child by saying he would have killed her even if she was three years old. The officer, identified by the army only as Captain R, was charged this week with illegal use of his weapon, conduct unbecoming an officer and other relatively minor infractions after emptying all 10 bullets from his gun's magazine into Iman al-Hams when she walked into a "security area" on the edge of Rafah refugee camp last month.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Do you and Taco actually read or just post your anti-Israeli/anti-West sentiment indiscriminately? The post was about Palestinians who died on Thursday not about Israel or an event that happened 4 years ago.

Is it really necessary to turn a blind eye to Hamas or romanticise their actions no matter how barbaric or insane they are just because you hate Israel?

That's pretty pathetic.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Ari you took the words out of my mouth. The responses highlight the Anti-Semitic nature of attacks against Israel.

- If Israel kills a child by accident in their daily operations thwarting terrorist cells there is international condemnation.
- If Hamas kills a child during the manufacture of bombs to launch cross-border attacks there is silence, and in some incidences even blames to Israel.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
JaredR said:
Source: http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/992596.html

Where is the international outrage? A young girl dies, and nobody cries...
So basically you want the world to stand up and shake their fists whenever somebody dies as a result of overseas conflict?

What does her age and sex have to do with it. Does the death of a young girl as opposed to an old man outrage you more? Why so?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
katie tully said:
What does her age and sex have to do with it. Does the death of a young girl as opposed to an old man outrage you more? Why so?
It's a typical social response to value the lives of the young above those of the old. Similar for the defenceless above those who can defend themselves. In this case, you had a defenceless AND young girl. It's also related to the loss of 'potential'; what that young girl might have grown up to become.

If you don't at least understand this concept (let alone subscribe to it), I question your humanity. :)

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Slidey said:
It's a typical social response to value the lives of the young above those of the old. Similar for the defenceless above the defenceless. In this case, you had a defenceless AND young girl. It's also related to the loss of 'potential'; what that young girl might have grown up to become.

If you don't at least understand this concept (let alone subscribe to it), I question your humanity. :)
Nah.

HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
Ari you took the words out of my mouth. The responses highlight the Anti-Semitic nature of attacks against Israel.

- If Israel kills a child by accident in their daily operations thwarting terrorist cells there is international condemnation.
- If Hamas kills a child during the manufacture of bombs to launch cross-border attacks there is silence, and in some incidences even blames to Israel.
you appear to have missed ari89's point.

boris

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
So basically you want the world to stand up and shake their fists whenever somebody dies as a result of overseas conflict?

Nah the point I was making, was that I lol'd at the fact it's only an outrage when a 7 year old girl is involved.

More to the point, shouldn't it be just as relevent regardless of age and sex. I just found it weird that Jared had to point out it was a young girl in order for anybody to care.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
What. Since when did you start using upper case.

boris

Banned
HSC
Slidey said:
What. Since when did you start using upper case.
I usually always do in NCAP. That and my fingers have finally thawed out and I can use the shift key.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
The officer killed the child knowing that she was a child.

Perhaps Israel should just fuck off out of occupying someone else's country and there wouldn't be a problem. They are bringing it upon themselves.

Is it really necessary to turn a blind eye to Hamas or romanticise their actions no matter how barbaric or insane they are just because you hate Israel?
There are enough people bringing up the shit Hamas does and not enough people bringing up the shit Israel does. If I make a post about how bad Israel is, it doesn't mean I approve of Hamas, it just means I think Israel is worse than Hamas, and therefore feel the need to highlight Israel's crap because I know Jared is going to highlight Hamas'.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Alright, I'll bite. Will create a thread for every seven Palestinians Israel kills. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)