Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

If R.A.B. is Regulus then it kinda would make sense, because there has to be two people, and he could have taken Kreacher with him, which would be the reason why Kreacher is important. Also if you remember there was a locket mentioned in the 6th book, with Kreacher.

Edit: I just saw this:http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/editorials/edit-ladytory01.shtml

To the Dark Lord
I know I will be dead long before you read this
but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret.
I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can.
I face death in the hope that when you meet your match
you will be mortal once more.
R.A.B.
Maybe its me thinking into this, but only Voldemorts followers called him the 'Dark Lord' so whoever it was either an ex-Death Eater or thought Voldemort was doing the right thing.

JKR mentioned that Regulus is dead, so im thinking we wont be hearing from him obviously, but Kreacher knows all, and he has to do whatever Harry tells him, so he could help him in whatever went on.

Also there are people who have said that Blacks full name is Regulus Arcturus Black. Theres the fact that the B in R.A.B. when translated always 'agrees' with the first letter of the Black name.

The Harry Potter Lexicon fan website claimed in August 2005 to have been informed by a "reliable source" that Regulus's middle name was Arcturus. The Lexicon later withdrew this statement without explanation, but Steve Vander Ark, the editor that originally made the claim, stated that he stands behind the information.
It was later reported that Rowling had revealed to Isabel Nunes, who is responsible for the Portuguese translations of the Harry Potter books, that R.A.B. stands for "Regulus Arcturus Black". This has not been confirmed or disputed by Rowling.
and
Foreign editions of the books consistently translate the final initial of "R.A.B." to agree with the first letter of the Black surname. (For example, the Dutch translation has Sirius's last name as "Zwarts", while "R.A.B." is translated as "R.A.Z.". It is likewise with the Norwegian translation, Sirus's last name is "Svaart" and the initials are then "R.A.S")
[all from wikipedia]

This could all be fake, but other than this the only thing i could think of is HBP like ones. People think R.A.B. is Mr Borgin from Borgin and Burkes-where Voldemort used to work.

There are so many people who could be R.A.B. i want to know who it is already! :(

I read the whole series already, second time reading it and now im upto 4 again..i probably should have started a few days before.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

I kinda wish I hadn't read that stuff now. Seems like a bit of a spoiler.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

$hiftyIceQueen said:
If R.A.B. is Regulus then it kinda would make sense, because there has to be two people, and he could have taken Kreacher with him, which would be the reason why Kreacher is important. Also if you remember there was a locket mentioned in the 6th book, with Kreacher.

Edit: I just saw this:http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/editorials/edit-ladytory01.shtml

Maybe its me thinking into this, but only Voldemorts followers called him the 'Dark Lord' so whoever it was either an ex-Death Eater or thought Voldemort was doing the right thing.

JKR mentioned that Regulus is dead, so im thinking we wont be hearing from him obviously, but Kreacher knows all, and he has to do whatever Harry tells him, so he could help him in whatever went on.

Also there are people who have said that Blacks full name is Regulus Arcturus Black. Theres the fact that the B in R.A.B. when translated always 'agrees' with the first letter of the Black name.

and

[all from wikipedia]

This could all be fake, but other than this the only thing i could think of is HBP like ones. People think R.A.B. is Mr Borgin from Borgin and Burkes-where Voldemort used to work.

There are so many people who could be R.A.B. i want to know who it is already! :(

I read the whole series already, second time reading it and now im upto 4 again..i probably should have started a few days before.
That still doesn't prove RAB is Regulus. It might be his name, but it might not be the real Regulus who is using it.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
man!! all you guys re-reading the books are making me so jealous :eek: I only read HBP twice, and i really want to re-read it. i wish if i have more free time :(:(

$hiftyIceQueen said:
I used to always read the editorial section of mugglenet to see who the HBP is, people there can convince you to believe anything, with all their interpretations. there was a editorial on how seamus finnigan was the HBP, and they had strong evidence and stuff. I was actually fully convinced that he was the HBP :shy: lol

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC

ObjectsInSpace said:
That still doesn't prove RAB is Regulus. It might be his name, but it might not be the real Regulus who is using it.
Yeah i know that. But it is very close. Like she'll probably get someone nobody expected. But its not just the name, its that Regulus fits, he seems like the most likely to be able to go out and take the horcrux with Kreacher. and we know Kreacher wont say anything about it unless his master asks him.

Either way, as one of those mugglenet people said, whoever R.A.B. is, Voldemort knows him/her. So thats probably the only reason why i dont think its someone pretending to be Regulus. They want Voldemort to know its them who took the horcrux, they found out about his secret.

Lol @ Mani. I dont look at that site much, i didnt even check any websites before the HBP, i was only looking at it today coz i was trying to find someone who agreed with me :p

And Nebuchanezzar, the R.A.B. thing? If so then it really isnt, since JKR isnt saying if any of this stuff is true or false.

Meh i just dont want some crap person being R.A.B.

Last edited:
J

jhakka

kloudsurfer said:
Uh...Borders are selling them for $29.95.

Its right here on their website.

http://www.unlockthegold.com.au/
Uh, I work at Borders, and we aren't accepting full payments on pre-orders because at the moment the price is set at $29.95. We don't know if it will be cheaper on the day.

I was going to crack a joke about R.A.B. being Ray "Rabs" Warren (from Triple M), but I couldn't find a picture. Oh well. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

I don't want JKR to go for the stock-standard Slytherins are bad angle, I'll be so disappointed if she does.
I don't see why she would be going for that angle, and I see nothing to suggest that she ever has or will. Slytherins do, however, value pure blood over everything else and it was said rather explicitly in the first book that they'll take whatever means nessecary to get their way.

I've never exactly understood how anyone can be a sympathiser of Malfoy either. Pretty obvious that the guy is anything but a noble, good wizard.

kloudsurfer

HSC

jhakka said:
Uh, I work at Borders, and we aren't accepting full payments on pre-orders because at the moment the price is set at $29.95. We don't know if it will be cheaper on the day.

I was going to crack a joke about R.A.B. being Ray "Rabs" Warren (from Triple M), but I couldn't find a picture. Oh well. :(
Ohh ok. So its going to be 29.95 or less?

I thought you meant that they hadnt decided on a price as in they could be selling it at up to full price and hadnt decided yet.

Fair enough.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Malfoy said:
Because Malfoy isn't his father. I think that was conclusively proved at the end of book 6 where he couldn't kill Dumbledore. He's just a kid that was brought up by his parents to believe something, when I'm not entirely sure he actually does believe it. He has this role he's supposed to fill, as Lucius Malfoy's son, and he can't do it. It's tragic in a way. You can tell he'll probably unfortunately meet a bad end (as will Snape, *sniff*) but it's tragic because he could have been something great and wasn't - he's smart, and influential, and a lot of other things. What he fails to do is to crawl out from under the shadows of his father's expectations, and that's why it's really sad - he only breaks free when it's too late.
Well perhaps I'm just not reading into it enough, but I had always figured that he had just not had the skills nor the evil stroke in him to do it to Dumbledore. In other words, he was too young. I do recall Dumbledore having a conversation with Malfoy while Malfoy had the wand pointed at him, right? I'll have to look back there before I make any real conclusion, but meh, I still think it's just a case of guts.

Regardless of any of that though, Malfoy is stil a destestable, foul wizard who's anything but good. Whether or not he is capable of killing isn't really all that relevant to liking Malfoy or not (to me), as his beliefs and actions prior to that made him one hell of a horrible character. Snape has his reasons (being bullied by James and Sirius for one), whereas Malfoy has absolutely no reasons.

Also - if Slytherins value pure blood over all else, where does that leave Tom Riddle and Severus Snape?
I guess that leaves Riddle and Snape as two wizards who might not have the pure blood, but go about the aims of Salazar Slytherin in a much more effective way than anyone else.

HSC
I'm sorry to be a total bitch...

but Harry has GOT TO GO.

I mean seriously, if he doesn't die, how else will the book end?

J

jhakka

kloudsurfer said:
Ohh ok. So its going to be 29.95 or less?

I thought you meant that they hadnt decided on a price as in they could be selling it at up to full price and hadnt decided yet.

Fair enough.
That's it. I don't see it dropping at all, but it's always possible that we'll be doing even more promotion.

minnn2 said:
I'm sorry to be a total bitch...

but Harry has GOT TO GO.

I mean seriously, if he doesn't die, how else will the book end?
He will live and Voldemort wont? :p

HSC
it'd make it a bit...
yknow...

MONEY SEEKING.
she gets like a gazillion bucks everytime she releases another one!

nah man. HARRY HAS GOT TO DIE!
if voldemort dies... then what happens to harry :p

cant end the book like the 2nd movie...

he just looks out the train.
and thats the end!

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Well perhaps I'm just not reading into it enough, but I had always figured that he had just not had the skills nor the evil stroke in him to do it to Dumbledore. In other words, he was too young. I do recall Dumbledore having a conversation with Malfoy while Malfoy had the wand pointed at him, right? I'll have to look back there before I make any real conclusion, but meh, I still think it's just a case of guts.
I agree with Malfoy on this. In the book Draco does do alot of stupid and mean things to others, but he doesnt kill Dumbledore, he actually puts his wand down because Dumbledore convinces him that he could help him. The only reason he tried to kill dumbledore was to save his family, his father is in gaol, his mother could die any second, and he probably thought it was all upto him.

Also he tried to kill Dumbledore many times in the book, but as Dumbledore said he was careless, he didnt actually try hard enough. Meaning he could have killed him tons of time if he actually focused. Whats the worst thing he has ever done?

Regardless of any of that though, Malfoy is stil a destestable, foul wizard who's anything but good. Whether or not he is capable of killing isn't really all that relevant to liking Malfoy or not (to me), as his beliefs and actions prior to that made him one hell of a horrible character. Snape has his reasons (being bullied by James and Sirius for one), whereas Malfoy has absolutely no reasons.
I think it isnt that simple. Draco hates Harry coz his whole family does, and probably everyone he knew hated him, since they were all followers of Voldemort.

Look at Ron, his whole family hate the Malfoys coz of what they know about them, they hate Voldmort coz of his history. Its all got to do with how/where you were raised!

As for the whole Snape thing, if Draco cant hate Harry, Ron etc coz of the way he was raised, and his parents hatred, why should Snape be any different. I dont get why Snape should be holding anything against Harry in the first place, since he had a hand in the deaths of Lily and James.

I reckon Draco is normal, but Snape...i cant stand him!

Harry die...nooooo that would be soo shit! And i dont want Draco joining the dark side again:mad1:

HSC
well.
lets just all admit.

we know voldemort's gonna die.

harry might be too.
HOW ELSE WILL SHE END IT :O

HSC
Malfoy said:
Draco won't join the dark side again. If they find him, they'll kill him. Voldemort is very ruthless - do you really think the 16 year old son of a Death Eater who got caught has any influence? Lucius, by being caught and sent to Azkaban, is a symbol of failure in the Malfoy family to Voldemort - and Draco only continues this by failing in his mission.

Narcissa, Draco and Severus have to hide - otherwise they'll all be killed by Voldemort. Lucius is safely ensconced within Askaban at the moment, so he won't be killed, but the rest of the Malfoys would be.
But voldmort may just be angry, then get over it?...ok mabe not so easily, but Wormtail is still around. I cant see Voldemort letting go of Snape, compared to the rest of his followers, Snape has done the most!

Also, i doubt the 'good guys' will accept Snape so easily, no matter what he says. I mean he could say all he likes, but in the end he was the one who killed Dumbledore, and thats what they will all think about. Draco yes because of what Harry saw.

$hiftyIceQueen, Draco hates Harry because Harry rejected his offer of friendship in the first year. It's just swelled from there.
Yeah, i was going to mention that but then edited it... Also i think the fact that Harry choose to be with Ron over Draco is another thing.

I actually don't know what will happen to Draco in book 7 - the Death Eaters obviously won't have him back but without Dumbledore, who knows if the Light will accept him.
Why shouldnt they though? Snape could just say they had to hurry up, and he killed Dumbledore so they could get out ASAP.

That being said i think you're right:)

Edit: minnn2 you really dont like Harry :S

I think Hagrid might die...

Last edited:

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
minnn2 said:
no i love harry.
i love daniel radcliffe more though.

HES HOT.
ew no. how could you love daniel radcliffe after that whole tupping-horses thing? gosh. dignity he knows not. Oliver Wood on the other hand :rofl: *swoon*
I'm going to feel so old after I finish the book though. I remember being in year 3 or something reading the first one and thinking we'd never get to the last. OLD.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)