Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
No! If one of trio dies i hope its Ron. Hermione and Harry are too good!!!

I doubt she'll kill any of them .. not much longer till we find out :D

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Harry might die, and Ginny may follow... but only after Voldemort has been killed. That's one scenario.

-P_D

HSC
haha That was soo expected! Knew you'd make the slytherins out to be good guys:p

Hermione and Snape...yukk
Hate Ginny and Harry as a couple, actually i hate Ginny to begin with, hope she dies..
I think the Harry/Voldemort theory will end up true:( Is Draco even good in potions?
I used to want Hermione and Draco together but read somewhere that it aint going to happen

Lol good thing you aint writing the book:p

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I'd prefer it if Snape's alleigences either remain unresolved or to himself (ie he wants power for himself). His moral ambiguity is what makes him so interesting; to definitively side with one faction would destory parts of that. But we all know Rowling is going to pick and choose sides for each character ...

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Malfoy said:
One of the weirdest theories yet - Minerva McGonagall is a Death Eater
Whoa. There are a few tidbits here and there I'm not sure I agree with, but overall I think I might actually buy into this theory. McGonagall having been a villain all along would be an AWESOME reveal, far more offputting and shocking than Snape.

HSC
Malfoy said:
$hiftyIceQueen,

I like Hermione with either Draco or Severus, it depends on what I'm currently reading but at the moment I'm reading a lot of Hermione/Severus at the moment and I'm finding it rather spectacular, so yeah that's where my preference is leaning at the moment.
I would probably say, Hermione and Draco would be the best couple...why cant JKR put them together, who cares about Ron!

And ahaha not all the Slytherins are good guys, you've still got Tom Riddle, Lucius and Bellatrix, among others, as 'bad'.

Haha, if I wrote the book there'd be a LOT different. OH SO MUCH. But alas, I don't even write fanfic! (Maybe I should. I think I might start during the holidays.)
I think, if it were upto you, the Slytherins would be the good guys haha

Hate bellatrix:mad:

I don't know, I just don't find a whole lot sympathetic with the characters we're supposed to like. For example, Ron - I really don't like him. I'm not a big fan of Luna. I like fanon!Harry better than canon!Harry. Same goes for Ginny. I don't like the Marauders.
uhh can you please tell me whats canon and fanon...[i'm probably the only one who doesnt know this:shy:]

Nah Luna and Ron are annoying. Harry is good though:eek:

The only 'good' guys I like are Hermione, the twins and Neville, in canon anyway. I don't suppose Percy counts - he's supposed to be all bad for abandoning the Weasleys.
What's there to lik about Neville? Hermione and the twins <3 But...Percy?! :eek:

I just find that the ones who aren't supposed to be paragons of virtue are just that much more interesting. They're not just archetypes. I mean, the most interesting parts of Harry's life are the times he spends at the Dursleys... there's just that undercurrent of darkness, and that's what I'm attracted to. Not everything can be sweetness and light. The world is not divided into good and evil.
Agreed! I didnt like the 4th movie coz they weren't in it [and no Quidditch] It's funnier and not as "omg someones going to kill us, lets go tell Dumbledore"

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
LOL, everyone seems to be complaining about Ron, so i'm thinking maybe in book 7 Ron'll do something so spectacular that he'll finally be worthy of Hermione.

-P_D

HSC
Nah his sister is the one who has a huge role, something about her powers :|

Anyone know how much the book costs?

HSC
Malfoy said:
They're definitely not all good, but a lot of them are certainly more interesting. For example, the fucked-up family dynamics of the Malfoys, Severus' background as bullied kid turned Death Eater, Tom Riddle's family background and circumstances that turned him evil (no one is BORN evil, so something made him that way)... even the Blacks and their crazy dynamics, what with people being disowned left, right and centre... the difference between Bellatrix and Narcissa especially.
Haha true. I actually like these complicated families, more secrets more stories. I didnt even find anything 'wrong' with Dracos mother-other than her marriage, but Ballatrix man :mad:

She'll be putting all this in seperate books later on right?!

Canon is what explicitly happens in the books. Fanon is what fan fiction writers generally accept as true - so, conventions in their writing. A big one is that Draco had an abusive childhood, for example. Ginny in fanon has a really fiery temper and a lot of Slytherin-like tendencies. You often see her running off with Blaise and Draco. Another thing in fanon that you often see is that Dumbledore is not entirely good - fic writers play up his manipulative side a lot more.
Cool. Thanks. I read a bit of one of them, and Ginny was the 'bully' or something along those lines:p

But there were these two books i read. One was about Voldemort being Lilys father, and he was trying to bring her back or something lol, and the other was about how Rons sister-he had an older one:O- and she was stuck in some pyramid, and they found her or something..man they were the total opposite of what JKR is writting!

I like fanon Harry better. For some reason he irritates me in the books. I can't pin my finger on it but I think it has something to do with the fact he's allowed to have certain prejudices that JKR would make us look down upon if they came from any other character. That, plus he had way too much CAPSLOCK OF RAGE during Order of the Phoenix. I liked him - and by extension, the Trio - better in Half Blood Prince because there wasn't always this 'Harry is always right so let's follow him' mentality.
And he ALWAYS saves everyone. He doesnt listen to anyone, which is what puts him in the deadly situations in the first place, then he turns out to be the hero. That really pisses me off.

I find Neville has a kind of shy strength that hasn't really been allowed to come out much. The scene where he was in St Mungos with his mother made me cry - you know, where he went to visit his mum with his grandma, and his mum couldn't do anything but give him the gum wrapper, and his grandma told him to throw it away but he secretly pocketed it...

Percy's one of those characters that I feel has something more behind him that hasn't actually come out. It's like his officiousness is hiding something. I find most of the rest of the Weasleys too cookie-cutter perfect. The twins are amusing, granted, (and I do have a soft spot for fic that shows the twins' soft side and not just their prankster side) and fanon!Ginny is interesting but her canon equivalent is just... lacking any sort of distinctive character.
Agree with the first part, but in the rest of the books/situations he acts like an idiot. I thought Percy was the 'i'm right, you're wrong, end of story' sort of person, which is why i hate him. Like when his parents turned out to b right, and he was wrong, he still didnt bother!

Here's the list of people I'd rather see with Hermione than Ron: Draco, Severus, Tom Riddle (omg, best fic ever!), Ginny, Blaise, Lucius, Remus, Percy, Fred or George, Pansy, and yes, even Harry.
haha

Hermione and Tom Riddle, Draco or Harry would be awesome. Remus is with Tonks, and i want Severus with Narcissa. As for the rest nope. Percy and Lucius= yuk [Lucius is better but i dont want Hermione to be with him], Hate Pansy, Blaise-dont know much about him, but still dont want her with him, and Ginny=HELL NO!

What about Grawp:p He likes Hermy haha

HSC
Malfoy said:
I don't like the Remus and Tonks pairing, it feels forced. (I really don't like canon fic, I don't even like Draco with Pansy!) I'm not one for Marauder fic. I think the only realistic Remus fic I've seen he's been with Sirius, Severus or Hermione, though.

Severus is one of those people I like to pair up, so yeah I like to read both Severus with Hermione or Severus with Narcissa. There's only a few people I don't like him with. I've never seen a good one with him and Ginny or him and Ron, for example.

Oh I don't want Lucius or Percy with Hermione in canon either, but done correctly it's very readable. However, I'd still prefer them over Ron. Same goes for Pansy, Blaise, etc.
Haha I dont like most of the couples!

Pansy is crap, its like she's sucking up to Draco when he doesnt seem to care about her. Tonks and Remus, she could do better.

I dont see how they could make a good one with Severus an Ron, Ron with any one is wrong:p

If she does keep Severus alive, wont he have to be with someone, i read somewhere that she was going to hook him up with someone, but that probably was a fake:(

Also, you know how Wormtail has the silver arm, and silver can kill werewolves -or at least thats what happens in half the other movies- anyways, if this is true, then the way he repays Harry is probably by killing a werewolf. Probably...Greyback ?

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
have there been any substantial spoilers leaked? i.e. actually factual

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
im talking about like book 6's "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE" level

HSC
Malfoy said:
Yeah, exactly. Pansy is always sucking up to Draco - that's why I don't like Pansy and Draco fics. It's hard to make them realistic.

Tonks and Remus just seem ill-suited. I'm not sure who I can see Tonks with, to be honest, because I've never taken that much interest in her as a character. And like I said before, there's only three Remus pairings that I've ever seen work - Remus/Sirius (this is hugely, hugely popular), Remus/Severus (Works less often because people write it badly) and Remus/Hermione (Comes out of left field but I can see how it'd work; again, it's usually written badly.)

Yeah, I've never really thought of Ron pairings. The most plausible one is Ron/Luna, if one arranges all the other pairings I like it'd leave those two. But since I'm not really interested in either of those characters, and outright dislike Ron, I've not thought much of it.

I really hope Severus hooks up with someone in Deathly Hallows! You're right, it'll probably be Narcissa, or else like I was saying earlier it'll be some unrequited thing with Lily. Most of the Severus pairings I like have absolutely ZERO chance of happening in canon, but I can dream, can't I?
I wouldnt mind Remus and Hermione though, but its obvious she's going to put Ron and Hermione:(

Luna and her theories :mad1:. There is something wrong with everyone! But Luna and Ron would be cool, at least then Hermione could be with someone else.

If Severus isnt with anyone, i'm going to hate it. I kindof think she'll kill him though. I dont think she likes Draco and Severus. Yes you can dream, lol coz we all know it aint going to happen:p

HSC
Nah i think it'll be Harry, and Severus or Draco:( Seriously, why doesnt she just target Ron, the guy wants something to happen to him!!

This is bad, getting upset over a book which hasn't even been released lol

HSC
Because she's DUMB! Thats why!! I swear if she kills Harry or Draco im going to cry:( So unfair, they had th tough life not Ron!!

But she's only going to kill two good people, not three. And she said most fan sites had Snape right, so he is good:) -or else working for himself, not for Dumbledore or Voldemort

HSC
Naw!

Draco and Snape are good!!! <3 Draco

Haha thats exactly what Ron is! Wormtail is better than Ron! I mean come on, what has he brought to the whole thing? Only thing he did that was huge was the chess game!

Plus JKR seems to always have Harry in the picture, and everyone else no where near him-everytime Voldemorts around he is the only one facing him. I'm getting sick of Harry being the one who saves the day!

I reckon to make it a good ending, Ron turns out evil, and Harry goes to kill him but gets Ginny, and Hermione kills Ron, and Harry goes mental. Then Draco saves Harry from Bellatrix. Hermione and Draco get married, Draco becomes the newer Voldemort, Hermione takes control of the Ministry, and Draco takes over Hogwarts! Ohh man that would be hectic! Lol im going nuts:(

Nah seriously, i just saw a picture of Kreacher, and i hated it:( How mad would it be if there's like a LOTR finale, except here the giants and houselves are with the good guys, and the dementors are with the bad guys...who else..werewolves, she should make some people mental..

HSC
Malfoy said:
You could cut Ron out of the series entirely and wouldn't actually lose anything. He doesn't really provide much in the way of plot.

I once read a fic where instead of the Trio, Harry had made friends with Draco and so the Trio was Harry, Draco and Blaise. (Nice idea, but poorly executed)
Toooo true! Ron=waste of time. Either way Harry will kill voldemort no one else.

Haha ong that would have been mad! then he would have been picking on Ron:D ohh but Hermione:(

I don't think she'll do that in Deathly Hallows. Maybe she might even make Ron useful for once!
Well Ron and Hermione will be with Harry so they have to do something. I want Draco to go with them.

In my ending Snape saves Hermione from Voldemort just before Voldemort and Harry kill each other.
Yeah i think, that will happen. Harry has no chance of survival! JKR hates all. she's been picking on him and Draco the whole time, i wouldnt be suprised if she kills them both.

HP on 60 minutes yay :D

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
haha, dan radcliff wants harry to die! the only reason that i wanted harry to die is because i wanted to see that stupid actor dead! :mad1: :p
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,21998317-10388,00.html

and i like ron :( i dont want him to die as much as you guys want him to die, he is a funny character, me like :)

Hermione and snape = BIG NO NO, his waaaaaaaaaaay too old for her. she'l be fine with ron or harry, and i read somewhere that victor krum will be back in book 7, so unless his still a good guy and didnt turn into a death eater, they'l be a good couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)