Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Okay, now I'm crying. I'm a fucking idiot. Why did I do that? Please don't go looking for spoilers, I think they're actually out there. And I refuse to link to the real ones because you guys don't deserve to have it spoilt.
It's possible they're an elaborate fake using a fanfic or something, but since the publisher isn't confirming/denying whether they're real I'm led to believe they are the real spoiler. :)

I'm not actually mean enough to really spoil it, i'm so niece.

HSC
Malfoy said:
No chance in hell, the writing style is exact, the bits I've read look like what would actually happen (so not something to come from a ficcer like me) and plus I've seen several fanfics that purport to be book 7 and they're nothing like this.

I barely slept last night, I'm in mourning.
hahahah

I'm tempted to get it and disseminate it to people who love HP... I think others will do it anyway though. So it wasn't as good as you'd hoped??? :wave:

HSC
Malfoy said:
Want me to PM you my thoughts? They're fairly incomplete, given I only scanned for five-six things when I had a look through the spoilers - whatever happens in the rest of the book I couldn't care less.

I've got about 45 minutes to kill before the My Chemical Romance presale starts.

I'm in mourning because I was so excited about the book launch and all.
kay go ahead ^____^

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
oh again,believe me it's the real thing
the thing is the person who leaked the book didn't share the material with pdf or doc but with full shot on the book,every two pages
so you can see the cover,the book itself,the picture art in each chapter,etc

I will buy the book on 21 but still i've already read to chapter 8 because i can't afford my experience in reading HP to be ruined like HP 5 and 6 ( I really miss the kind of experience when I threw the HP4 book lliterally because the cup became a portkey)

anyway,good job from the moderator
spoiling is criminal (what an irony LOL)

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Do you actually know their middle names? Because people guessed that Regulus was Regulus Arcturus Black.
No, I don't know their middle names. But that's my point. People saw the "RAB" and guessed it was Regulus, which was backed up by the fact that the "B" changed for localised translations. But nowhere in OotP (or any other book) does it actually mention that Regulus' middle name begins with an "A", let alone it being "Arcturus". Here's proof, taken from page 104 of Order of the Phoenix:
Sirius jabbed a finger at the very bottom of the tree at the name 'Regulus Black'. A date of death (some fifteen years previously) followed the date of birth.
And that's it. Nowhere does it mention Regulus' middle name (so there's no guarantees it's even anything beginning with "A"); nor does it give the names of Sirius' parents. The Leaky Cauldron or whoever it was, leaked that "RAB" was "Regulus Arcturus Black", but that doesn't mean it's Sirius' brother. People saw that the horcrux was a fake and jumped to the conclusion that it was Sirius's brother. If naming a child after one's parents - particularly the males - is as common as it seems, then Black Snr. is just as likely a suspect for RAB. Every time I've mentioned another of my RAB theories, I've gone and said that Regulus is too obvious a suspect. This is probably the single most important event in the Potterverse, so I'm pretty sure JKR isn't going to make it obvious. Given her sense of humour, I'd think it would be right up her alley to have everyone believe that it's Regulus, when in fact it's Black Snr. Every kid believes that Regulus is the one who's behind it all, and they're thoroughly pleased with themselves for having work it out. But it's so obvious. Of all the theories I'd heard about the identity of the Half-Blood Prince, not one of them came close to mentioning Snape. Instead, they just ran with the obvious: Harry, Neville or Voldemort. A few even suggested McLaggen!

So let's use Occam's Razor, a law of sorts that suggests when you're faced with two conflicting possibilities, the one that is correct is probably going to be the one that requires you to stretch you imagination less than the other. So what would be easier to believe:

A) That Regulus Black somehow survived the Death Eaters, Avarda Kedavra and Voldemort himself, faked his own death and successfully went into hiding before discovering the horcruxes all on his own as a boy of about nineteen or so?
Or that B) Black Snr. learned of his son's death and was equal parts heartbroken and outraged and so swore revenge on the Death Eaters. An older, much wiser wizard than the son who carried his name, Black Snr. somehow discovered the horcruxes?

We don't even know what Black Snr. did for a living. If Horace Slughorn - a wizard who by all appearances despises the Dark Arts - knew what horcruxes were, chances were someone else knew about them to. Black Snr. lived in what was described as a house that looked "as if it belonged to the darkest of wizards" and has plenty of Dark Artifacts. If Slughorn could know, Black Snr. could know, too, and would probably have an easier time of finding out the answer than Slughorn. Plus, he was a pure-blood wizard who held his heritage in the highest regard, just like the Death Eaters. Voldemort would never consider him to be a threat, as he proved when he attempted to kill the half-blooded Harry instead of the pure-blooded Neville.

Black Snr. had the means, the motive and the opportunity to seek out the horcruxes. It's far more likely that he's the one respnsible as opposed to his son surviving a fatal curse that no-one had survived until then (Harry probably hadn't been born at the time of Regulus' death). You have to admit that it makes far more sense.

HSC
I agree with what you're saying, but it has t be someone we have heard of, and i don't remembr JKR mentioning Sirius' father ..

Its on wikipedia and other websites-the family tree :)

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
dhampoet said:
oh again,believe me it's the real thing
the thing is the person who leaked the book didn't share the material with pdf or doc but with full shot on the book,every two pages
so you can see the cover,the book itself,the picture art in each chapter,etc

I will buy the book on 21 but still i've already read to chapter 8 because i can't afford my experience in reading HP to be ruined like HP 5 and 6 ( I really miss the kind of experience when I threw the HP4 book lliterally because the cup became a portkey)

anyway,good job from the moderator
spoiling is criminal (what an irony LOL)
What do you mean picture art for each chapter?
There's not been picture art before.
Just on the cover.

- - -

I just heard a report that it was a fake. Someone took photos of the cover art (which was released ages ago) and duplicated the book.
It could be done I guess.
Some die hard idiot who wanted to spoil it.
Who knows.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
poWerdrY said:
ive read all of them, and they are nothing special. im not saying they're atrocious, just merely dissapointing compared to all the publicity it has

i am in no way criticising people for enjoying HP. read it as much for all i care. i am simply making a point that HP recieves far mor credit than it deserves. many less publicised series are more deserving of praise. take LOTR for example. i acknowledge it must have done something right in becoming famous, but generally the books were a complete bore. after it became well known such as through the movies more people read it. they dont actually find it that interesting, the media has just glamorised it making it SEEM interesting.

meh, just my 2 cents. dun flame me for it
Nah i read them way before they were huge and i loved them anyhow i just think if its not your thing then u are going to think that. But if it is then u will love it.
And with LOTR yeh imnot a fan of that they are okay just not really my thing. everybody just has different opinions on certain things. not flaming u for it just thought u were going on this forum to criticise but yeh no biggi:)

HSC
Bunny04 said:
Just on the cover.
The U.S. version have the pictures at the beginning of every chapter.

Edit: imanewbie you fuckwit either put or take them off :mad:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Bunny04 said:
I just heard a report that it was a fake. Someone took photos of the cover art (which was released ages ago) and duplicated the book.
Who knows.
Ahahahaha give it up, it's obviously real

imanewbie

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:

YOU DONT HAVE TO READ THEM IF YOU DO NOT WANT :wave::wave::wave:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:

Don't worry, I reported it as a bad post. I'm pretty sure jhakka's going at throw the book at him anyway.

Oh, and imanewbie? Whenever you want to post spoilers, you use spoiler tags, and you generally post evidence of what you're saying to back up your claims. Otherwise, you're just like Gabriel.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Spoiler tags don't work with images. At least put a link to it and put *that* in a spoiler.
I'm no fan of the HP books, but ruining it for everyone else is just mean.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Bunny04 said:
Just on the cover.

- - -

Who knows.
wanna two or four pages?
I'll send to you via PM if you still don;t believe it :p

edit
apparently the member above has posted it
but anyway you are better post page that contain unimportant story so it won't spoil much as I HAVE CLICKED THAT LINK BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE A DECENT PAGE BUT UNFORTUNATELY IT'S A MAJOR SPOILER THAT I DIDN'T KNOW BEFORE!fark
DON'T OPEN THAT!!!!!

Last edited:

gulamali

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Shit..what happened to top security?

I feel sorry for Malfoy now :(

I'm not going to look at any spoilers anymore..
honestly all this spoilers stuff is bull shit, like anyone got through the security, all these spoilers like you said before are just peopls theories, which some might eventually come true.

THE REALL spoilers will come when the book is released.

HSC
gulamali said:
honestly all this spoilers stuff is bull shit, like anyone got through the security, all these spoilers like you said before are just peopls theories, which some might eventually come true.

THE REALL spoilers will come when the book is released.
umm right, the actual thing did come out..

but i had someone come and check them and he said they're fake...

But i still think they're real :(

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
how come he said they are fake when you did not show him the real thing photo shot?
honestly ....
the thing is most of the spoilers around these days are based on the leaked photo shot of the book
just be careful,but it's good anyway to be ignorant so you won't remember them

Scholastic Corp., publisher of the new "Harry Potter" book, obtained a subpoena to learn the identity of a user who allegedly posted copies of the final sequel, scheduled for release Saturday, on a California website.

Scholastic said in a court filing Monday that "materials hosted on Photobucket.com's system" contain materials that infringe copyrights owned by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books. Photobucket.com, a News Corp. unit, is a website for sharing photos and videos on social networks such as MySpace.

The subpoena was sent to Gaia Interactive Inc. in San Jose seeking the identity of a user on gaiaonline.com, a social network, according to the filing in San Francisco federal court.

Gaia complied with the subpoena, removed the material and temporarily banned the user from the site, said Gaia spokesman Bill Danon. The postings included scanned material and a discussion of the material, he said.

HSC
Because of the page numbers, and i think he said that there were meant to be extra pages, and some stuff which didn't 'agree' with stuff..Plus something about a photo on one of the pages and that it was a fake, and that things here weren't the same as other stuff...like someone posted that someone died but the person who died was in the epilogue or something like that..

i got no idea what is in there because im not looking at ANYTHING! I'll just pretend i dint see anything :eek:

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
i think you have to separate between spoilers before the leaked photos and post-leaked-photos
I don't think there are people who is freak enough to make a fake-book like that with a picture art every chapter
and the first chapter is matched with the news around
just don't believe anything before last Monday night
anyway...just stay away from the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)