• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (3 Viewers)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Mohit7 said:
I watched 1st show in Blacktown.
The movies are always crap compared to the book.
But if u look at it as a movie it was above avg.

CANT WAIT FOR THE LAST BOOK BUT I GOT MY TRIALS COMING UP.
Yeah same .. LOL
bloody trials.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i'd give it a good 7 or 7.5 out of 10.

HAHAHA true about the Fudge part when he see's Voldemort and says "he's back" ....we're all screaming "ABOUT TIME DUMBASS!!"

I like the part with Hermione and Grawp how they rang the bicycle bells i found that bit cute. and when Ron was pigging out on breakfast one moring and Hermione asks "Do you EVER stop eating??" LOL.

Malfoy wasn't even in it that much at and neither was Percy. and they completely left out Quidditch!!

Umbridge was annoying with her cats and pink outfits - nothing like how i imagined but it still brought a few laughs.

they did chop and change quite a bit but its still worth watching. omg omg Deathy Hallows :):):):) not long now...

em_516

bludging..
HSC
umop_3pisdn said:
- they listen to a radio when electronics don't work in hogwarts
pretty sure it wasn't electronically powered..there was something weird behind it..kind of reminded me of a fish bowl with something glowing in it that looked like it was powering it..i couldn't work out what it was but i did notice it because i remember thinking 'wtf is that?!'

HSC
It seemed pretty rushed, but I was pretty impressed with it.
They spent way too much time on Umbridge, argh. :S
And I really liked Luna, haha, she was awesome.
zangetsu.xo said:
when fudge came in at the end and was all "he's back!" the entire cinema erupted with laughter and i was like "no shit sherlock..." yeah it was funny.
Hahaha, my brother and I said that out loud, at exactly the same time. :D
cuppy said:
I like the part with Hermione and Grawp how they rang the bicycle bells i found that bit cute.
Yeah, I thought it was cute too, haha. :)

Dave2007

HSC
I saw it with the most vocal crowd ever on release day. There was booing of umbridge, cheering at right moments, people (okay it was me) shouting lumos when the lights came on at the end of the movie.

The crowd pretty much exploded at the bit where umbridge said "Boys and girls must be 8 inches apart at all times"

As with all the movies its always a bit disappointing how different it is to the book. And then if you just view it as a movie itself, its probably not that well put together for someone whose never read the book and would be totally lost. I just like it for its magical-ness i guess.

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
lolz, saw it last night, for those going to see it in first wk buy tickets for a later creening and depending on your area wait in que for about 45-60 mins.. thats what i did an i got back row seats (YAY!)

xx__savannah

HSC
em_516 said:
pretty sure it wasn't electronically powered..there was something weird behind it..kind of reminded me of a fish bowl with something glowing in it that looked like it was powering it..i couldn't work out what it was but i did notice it because i remember thinking 'wtf is that?!'

Wizarding Wireless Network.

I reckon it gave a nice touch to the movie, some authenticity, as well as the newspapars and all that.

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
chocolatecookie said:
i The director has taken away a lot of the magical feel by giving them "muggle" clothing, i mean, theyre not meant to wear them! theyre meant to be in robes argh! and i agree with the thing about Katie Leung - she was hardly in the film, but they publicised her so much! and they didnt really show the break up - because thats important, so harry can move on next year >_<
Totally agree with you !!!
They wear more and more muggle clothing since the second movie! Look back in the first movie when all of them wear robes all the time!

Dave2007

HSC
It is really bizarre... First movie he never wears anything but robes, it seems, but now characters like hermione are taking any opportunity to try and look hot in normal clothes and half of hogwarts is running around like little muggles.

Malfoy, surely you've come to expect that after all these movies? A 767 page book to a two hour movie...something's gotta give. At first it infuriated me, but now I've decided to look at it positively as what they managed to do well. For example they wanted to split up Harry and Cho, but not have them hate each other. In the book that took a date going wrong very wrong, then the publishing of rita's article and harry losing his broomstick. In filming terms, that would involve taking over a village the size of hogsmeade and filming 10-15 more minutes of content for millions of dollars. But instead they had cho as the betrayer, but later revealed it was only due to veritasaerum. Ultimately, its not optimal (Who wouldn't want a ten hour movie?) but they had to do something, and they could've done it alot worse. In fact this movie had more quotes from the books than any other - entire convos were directly out of the book, for example parts of the trial. The main glaring differences really were in characterisation; particularly dumbledore.

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
I think all the changes were quite clever and didn't detract from the plot :D

em_516

bludging..
HSC
the thing with cho really pissed me off..i thought it was done pretty clumsily..it also would've been funnier seeing marietta with boils all over her face with 'SNEAK' written on her forehead :p

beentherdunthat

HSC
em_516 said:
the thing with cho really pissed me off..i thought it was done pretty clumsily..it also would've been funnier seeing marietta with boils all over her face with 'SNEAK' written on her forehead :p
I totally second that... they made Cho seem sooo Unfaithful and tried to fix up at the end.. how sad... the boooks are sooo much better, ah well, they're goood to watch for die hard fans

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Good film, but not as good as I expected it would be. The movie missed out on some small things, and twisted some of the plot. It was funny seeing Filch waiting outside the Room of Requirements and getting chocolates with "I love you". He then gets all these huge pimples all over his face with pus.

I wished it was a little longer, considering the size of the book. The film actually showed me how powerful Voldemort can be - the books all tell us he is so strong, but when you actually watch a visual representation, you then understand the extent of his powers. "I feel sorry for you, because you're not loved nad have no friends." :rofl:

Anothing thing- I didn't really think that Azkaban would look like a triangular prism :eek: Indeed, Fudge did look like Hitler when he was shown on the poster.

beentherdunthat

HSC
YEah Azkaban... VERY disturbing... i mean it'd take her like say 10 years to get down...

OMG but Bellatrix and Tonks loooked mad aye? They reallly suited their parts.
Did anyone notice, Ron didn't do/say much in this movie?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha, Tonks was mad. Yeah, I did reckon that Ron played a small part in the movie. I didn't get why Hermione was laughing when the three were discussing how Cho was feeling...

The battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort was mad though. Unbelievable battle. And the looks of Ginny when Harry was with Cho :rofl:

beentherdunthat

HSC
lol yeah... you know what the last scenes were REAlLy Good... the costumes for the death eaters were reallly kool as well... you know I never imagined the archway to be like THAT though. I HATE the Dumbledore in the movies. He's SO NOT DUMBLEDORE.... what a MAD character btw, they TOTALLLY RUINED HIM!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, the Dumbledore of the first two was good. Probabaly because he wasn't as eccentric as the one now, and he had that stare in him when he looks at others as reflected by the books.

I'm still wondering whether Sirius will come back in the last book. He fell into the veil and just vanished :( Although I don't like the nature of him, the actor plays Lucius Malfoy pretty well.

Oh btw, were the dementors different to the ones shown in Prisoner of Azkaban?

beentherdunthat

HSC
OMG yeahh the dementors actually had flesh (even though it loooked dead)... and their 'cloaks' weren't REALLY cloaks. Dunno... you know it would've been SO much better if they had chosen a perfect director to do all the movies... instead we have a couple and each one imagines things differently...

OMFG... did I mentioned I waited like 45 mins in line... it was PACKEd.. But you know what, I got GOod SeatS!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)