Has Anyone Done The Catholic Trials Yet?? (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

silvermoon said:
that could have been said, as angelduck showed, without the insfferable git attitude.
Shuttup, silvermoon. You're being a cranky bitch and attacking every post of mine you can find.

I have said it many times with out an 'insfferable git attitude', but noone gets it.

You're not in high school anymore - let those who are yell at people trying to get questions
No, I'm not. I DID do well in high school, and I DO now tutor it, mark ext history major works, and WILL mark ancient next year for the exams. If I yell, there's a reason. Yes, I'm sure you'll call me arrogant, like you love to do in every post, but yes, I'm sure I'll say 'I don't care'.

, they are the ones who will be affected.
Yes, they will be affected, but if I don't make it clear, they will be more affected.

less angry = happier forum
Like I said to you, less blunt does not = better marks.

Would you prefer better marks, or me be less blunt, hmm? People do not listen unless you either make it very obvious (huge font) or repeat yourself.

You can stay here, lecture me, and be a lovey-dovey know-it-all kind girl, or you can let me help people by getting it into their brain that you can't take the easy way out.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
No, I'm not. I DID do well in high school, and I DO now tutor it, mark ext history major works, and WILL mark ancient next year for the exams. If I yell, there's a reason.
wow, by some strange coincidence i also did well in high school/HSC and also tutor several subects. Though it must be said that, as impressive as i'm sure you aimed to make this list, it has absolutely nothing to do with my initial comment.

i fail to see how i was being "a cranky bitch" and YOU are the only one 'attacking' anyone here. If i keep calling you arrogant then it's probably an indication that that's how you are coming across.

People do not listen unless you either make it very obvious (huge font) or repeat yourself.
If this is the only way you are able to get your points across then I fear you won't be a tutor for very long, unless of course the people who employ you are masochists.

less blunt does not = better marks.
There's no point in us arguing about that as we both are, I believe, quite firm in our opinions on that particular matter. HOWEVER, this is not what i meant when i said that:
less angry = happier forum
My point was that the aggressive, attacking nature of your post was not helpful to creating a calm forum for communication and, for lack of a better word, 'tutoring' purposes.

You can stay here, lecture me, and be a lovey-dovey know-it-all kind girl, or you can let me help people by getting it into their brain that you can't take the easy way out.
Firstly, i have NEVER in my life advocated that taking 'the easy way out' is the right way to do anything and you have no right or grounds to say that i have. At least you keep making me laugh with your posts though, you have the honour of being the sole person to ever describe me as 'lovey-dovey,' i'm sure there are plenty of people on BOS who will assure you that's not part of my character. When helping someone improve their skills/work yes, of course, HONESTY is important. however bluntness and honesty do not have to be the same thing. If i had a choice between 2 people's advice: both who were able to critique my work and help improve it i know i'd ask the person who gave constructive criticism and support whilst showing me what needed to be done to fix thigns or a person who insulted my intelligence by yelling and/or repeating themselves in a highly aggressive and critical way I know which one I'd choose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)